PS4 or PS5? Which Version Of GT7 Are You Buying?

• Thread starter Volksauto
  • 499 comments

PS4 or PS5 - Which Version Of GT7 Are You Planning to Buy?

• PlayStation 4

Votes: 190 26.2%
  • PlayStation 5

Votes: 200 27.5%
  • Both but NOT 25th Anniversary

Votes: 17 2.3%
  • 25th Anniversary (includes PS4 and PS5)

Votes: 294 40.5%
  • Neither

Votes: 25 3.4%

• Total voters
We just got a PS5 and I ran GT Sport on both the PS4 and 5 to see the menu speed differences and can confirm when you play GT Sport on either machine the cloud save works on both. 👍
Yes same here but GT Sport is a PS4 game. GT7 will have both versions. Not that Farming Simulator 22 is even close to GT but the game saves are not swappable. Frustrating

Last edited:
We just got a PS5 and I ran GT Sport on both the PS4 and 5 to see the menu speed differences and can confirm when you play GT Sport on either machine the cloud save works on both. 👍
I find that's not true. The money and cars your buy on one don't show up on the other console. I have my ps4 hooked up to my wheel and the PS5 to a separate TV. I can't go back and forth because my assets like money and cars and liveries don't upload to the cloud. Maybe I have a setting off that should be on?

I find that's not true. The money and cars your buy on one don't show up on the other console. I have my ps4 hooked up to my wheel and the PS5 to a separate TV. I can't go back and forth because my assets like money and cars and liveries don't upload to the cloud. Maybe I have a setting off that should be on?
I transfered from one PS4 to another and it saved just fine, but then i went back to my original PS4 and it didn't record my progress so it's kinda hit and miss in my experience.

I transfered from one PS4 to another and it saved just fine, but then i went back to my original PS4 and it didn't record my progress so it's kinda hit and miss in my experience.
You guys may want to manually tapping save on the gt sport's home menu before actually quitting the game.

I originally pre-ordered the 25 year anniversary edition but decided to cancel.

I'll be picking up a standard copy for my PS5.

Besides the pretty steelbook case I don't care about the additional bonus content.

Yes same here but GT Sport is a PS4 game. GT7 will have both versions. Not that Farming Simulator 22 is even close to GT but the game saves are not swappable. Frustrating
It's really going to depend if PD will allow cross-progression between the two copies.

Unlike your FS22 apparently, there are games out there that will allow progression to be carried between PS4 and PS5 copies. ....even across platforms in some cases. BF2042 does this but its possible because everything is tied through a player's EA account.

....so if you're playing the PS4 copy, the PS5 copy, on XB or on PC, you can pick up where you left off.

Ahhhh, okay then. My experience was just hopping from one to the other and daily mileage, but didn't pay attention to anything else.

I'm getting the PS4 edition, but only because I can't justify a PS5. I need to make sure I've got the PS5 upgrade available, but found it on sale while still on pre-order. Wild. I am a bit sad as I was hoping they had it optimized for PS5 and I would just have to wait rather than get an inferior product.
But I'll deal with it as it stands currently and go ahead and get the game.

PS4 as well. If any retail store had PS5 stock I'd reconsider but otherwise up here they're near impossible to find and there's no way I'm dealing with scalpers...

PS4 as well. If any retail store had PS5 stock I'd reconsider but otherwise up here they're near impossible to find and there's no way I'm dealing with scalpers...
If you're hinging your hopes on obtaining one through a retail brick & mortar store, yeah, it's going to be near impossible to get your hands on one anytime soon. .....online however, there are many more opportunities (legitimate, not via scalpers). That's how I got mine over a year ago through the PS Store.

Last edited:
Got email today from PlayStation support confirming you can't upgrade the PS4 game voucher with the physical anniversary edition to the digital PS5 version.

"Thanks for your patience whilst we looked into this for you. We have reached out to the relevant team regarding this, they have confirmed that players will not be able to upgrade from PS4 to PS5 when activating the PS4 game from the voucher provided in the Steel Book Edition. They advise this information is noted on the voucher itself."

Looks like I will be getting the Gran Turismo™ 7 25th Anniversary Digital Deluxe Edition.

I'm going to assume that on a standard PS4 the game will more than likely run like it's being played on a toaster. PS5 for me. Got picked by sony to Pre Order before release.

I'm buying the 25th Anniversary edition so I can lower my cost by selling the PS5 Game Disc. When I get a PS5, I can pay the $10 to upgrade to PS5 Digital entitlement.

These are my options:

GT7 PS4: 50€ + 10€ (upgrade) = 60€
GT7 PS5: 69€
GT7 PS5 Digital: 85€
GT7 25th: 90€
GT7 25th Digital: 105€

I preordered the 25th in September but it still feels kinda dumb? The only thing I care about it's the steelbook, but all the remaining stuff is digital, and I could get the game for 1/3 less doing the upgrade from PS4...uhm...would really love to go digital for comfort but it's so much more expensive and I can see myself getting it digital in a couple of years with big discounts

I pre-ordered the PS5 standart disc edition today. Can't wait to play. I'm going to tackle the career mode first. It's been a while since I last played GT Sport, will need some time do shake the dust off before going to the online races.

Digital standard edition, because the digital anniversary edition just isn’t worth the extra money to me.

I’m also considering the steelbook, although I find the general lack of physical bonus content very underwhelming. I don’t really buy games on disc anymore, but all numbered GT games are lined up on my shelf except GT6. In hindsight it feels sort of wrong to stop the physical collection of this franchise just because digitalization brought more convenience, but for most games I don’t care about physical copies anymore. Gran Turismo has been a life companion though, and that steelbook looks sweet.

I'm buying the 25th Anniversary edition so I can lower my cost by selling the PS5 Game Disc. When I get a PS5, I can pay the $10 to upgrade to PS5 Digital entitlement.

This is not possible. You cant upgrade the voucher.

Sorry if this question is common knowledge, but: If I get the PS4 version, could I eventually use my save data for the PS5 version in the future?
I don't know if there is anything official, but I'm guessing you can. Every game that I have I was able to transfer the saves to the PS5.

Buying Deluxe Anniv edition for PS4 and ps5. Assuming data from playing on PS4 can be transferred to ps5 (when I get one) BUT what if, by then, I decide I don’t want to. What if I decide I want to start the game again from beginning to enjoy it all again at a slower pace - do you reckon that’d be possible?

Got email today from PlayStation support confirming you can't upgrade the PS4 game voucher with the physical anniversary edition to the digital PS5 version.

"Thanks for your patience whilst we looked into this for you. We have reached out to the relevant team regarding this, they have confirmed that players will not be able to upgrade from PS4 to PS5 when activating the PS4 game from the voucher provided in the Steel Book Edition. They advise this information is noted on the voucher itself."
In that case, would it still be possible to carry over saved data/progress from the 25th Anniversary PS4 digital to the 25th Anniversary PS5 disc version?

Last edited:
Buying Deluxe Anniv edition for PS4 and ps5. Assuming data from playing on PS4 can be transferred to ps5 (when I get one) BUT what if, by then, I decide I don’t want to. What if I decide I want to start the game again from beginning to enjoy it all again at a slower pace - do you reckon that’d be possible?
Yeah, no problem with that, except your online driver rating, I think, wich will carry over (even from GT Sport).
In that case, would it still be possible to carry over saved data/progress from the 25th Anniversary PS4 digital to the 25th Anniversary PS5 disc version?
I think so too. The game save is the same.

Thanks. It’s the online bit that worries me tho. I don’t see how it can separate the PS4 me from the ps5 me - different cars in different garages etc.
I get that the rating stuff gets carried over from Sport as a starting point, but I don’t see how that cld ‘split’ into two new ‘me’s if I was able to start as different drivers on PS4 and later ps5.

Thanks. It’s the online bit that worries me tho. I don’t see how it can separate the PS4 me from the ps5 me - different cars in different garages etc.
I get that the rating stuff gets carried over from Sport as a starting point, but I don’t see how that cld ‘split’ into two new ‘me’s if I was able to start as different drivers on PS4 and later ps5.
It may not. Your progress, etc. may be tied to your account so whether you play the PS4 copy of the game so you can play with PS4 friends, etc., the progress may be there when you switch back to the PS5.

This is how BF2042 works with their cross progression system. It's all tied to your EA account and follows you whether you play the PS4 copy, the PS5 copy or even on XBox or PC. I suspect something similar will be the case with GT7 as those who buy a version of the game with the PS4 and PS5 copies will likely be switching between both depending on who they play with. .....and most will likely want their progression to follow.

If you're not happy with that another way around it is to create another account(s) tied to your main one so you can have separate progression on each. I've done this with a couple games for various reasons. My son has his own too.

Back