PS4 users, has all the criticism about GT7 performance dissuaded you from upgrading your console?

• Thread starter zortation
  • 78 comments

PS4 owners, is this game holding you back from upgrading to a PS5?

• Yes

Votes: 24 33.8%
  • No

Votes: 47 66.2%

• Total voters
Canada
Toronto, Ontario
bleepedy_bloops
I mean it's not like obtaining a new PS5 is very easy at the moment. But anyway, my focus is online play, and I've been very discouraged reading about the very same issues from PS5 users as I'm experiencing myself on a PS4, definitely. You?

I've been dissuaded slightly. I'm already on the waiting list at my local electronics outlet for when any ps5 stock arrives, and haven been for roughly 2 months.
GT7 was meant to be the final push I needed to bite the bullet and go for it but to be honest, I'm totally content with the ps4 version.

There's an element of 'if it ain't broke don't fix it'.

I've had one sitting boxed for about a month (life been to busy to game right now) but all the GT7 drama really hurt my excitement for the system. It was GT7 and my unfinished PS4 library that made me want to get the PS5. But booting up a PS5 just to play old PS4 and cross-gen games isn't really that exciting to me right now.

I'm not much of an online player, so hopefully these framerate issues don't hurt the game in single player modes.

I mean it's not like obtaining a new PS5 is very easy at the moment. But anyway, my focus is online play, and I've been very discouraged reading about the very same issues from PS5 users as I'm experiencing myself on a PS4, definitely. You?

I have no intention of buying a ps5 anyway, I have more important things to spend £600 on. But I just want to say the online performance of gt7 on PS4 is absolutely APPALLING. Constant battle with micro stutters and lag, fps drops etc. How can you drive alongside people like that? It ruins the experience completely, I just end up hot lapping on my own in time trial because at least I know what my cars doing at each corner.

Come on PD sort the ****ing game out, sport doesn't have any of these issues.

i have just looked on Amazon they have got but foot £700 pounds symths toys are getting more in at the end of may at £449 pounds

Not gonna lie, I have been off of Play Station for a long time. My last one was an early PS3 (fat). When GT7 was announced I thought on buying an PS5, then saw the ridiculous asking prices so sourced a second hand PS4 (actually a GT special edition) and runs more than good enough in it.

If PS5 prices and stock goes back to normal, I may buy one, depending on outside factors like not having extra bills to pay and or the real life cars not been broken for once.

I got like 9 others including myself a PS5 through Sony Direct last September and November. Was fairly easy and ordered it on Tuesday, at my door by Friday.

After a year of twitter feeds and discord and still not being quick enough, I've put the upgrade on a back burner till they're more readily available. GT7 is just one of many games I want to play on the PS5 so it's a case of when, not if when I get one.

Kinda hoping the wait is long enough that Sony brings out a smaller, slimmer console with a few optimisations baked in.

PC sim racing is my hobby and I have a fairly comprehensive setup.
I enjoy GT as it introduced me to online racing, but I find the performance of my PS4 Pro is fine for GT7, so I won't be buying a PS5.

Last edited:
Played gt7 on my ps4 pro for a week and couldn't take the load times my pc has been using ssd's since ps3 days and its painful going back to old hdd system's. I was lucky and got the ps5 for £450 but haven't really played anything on it a part from gt7 it runs fine but the lack of options for hosting means i will soon be bored of the sp game. So far its been a rather underwhelming experience all the hype about instant load times etc to me it just feels normal now .

I have a good PC, VR, 3X 32" monitors, and just about every racing sim ever made for PC. We bought this PS4 for the kids for Christmas when they were little so it's the only reason I even have a PS4. It was sitting in the TV console collecting dust and I figured I would play with GT7 since it was there. I would never buy a PS4 or PS5 for myself since the GT games are the only thing I play on PS. If it wasn't for this PS5 shortage and GT releasing on PS4 I would have never played this game.

Last edited:
My PS5 purchase will be an Elder Scrolls or Fall Out Bundle. This is just a time killer title for me. Good enough on the 4 to chase rabbits and grind credits. I assume the same is happening on the 5.

I've been dissuaded slightly. I'm already on the waiting list at my local electronics outlet for when any ps5 stock arrives, and haven been for roughly 2 months.
GT7 was meant to be the final push I needed to bite the bullet and go for it but to be honest, I'm totally content with the ps4 version.

There's an element of 'if it ain't broke don't fix it'.
The load times alone, after a few hours on PS5 youll never go back to a PS4 game.

Iv found online works well on PS5(NA market) its the broken penalty system that ruins it.

I don't have a PS5 because there are none to be found on store shelves, and I am not going to support the local scalpers. Upgrading hasn't really been a priority. I recently requested to buy one direct from Sony, just waiting for the email...

My PS5 purchase will be an Elder Scrolls or Fall Out Bundle. This is just a time killer title for me. Good enough on the 4 to chase rabbits and grind credits. I assume the same is happening on the 5.
I've got some bad news for you.

I got like 9 others including myself a PS5 through Sony Direct last September and November. Was fairly easy and ordered it on Tuesday, at my door by Friday.
I stopped at 7 though most of mine were locally at best buy or target. Still have 1 friends that keeps going back and forth about really needing one so I'm still keeping track of weekly drops.

I don't have a PS5 because there are none to be found on store shelves, and I am not going to support the local scalpers. Upgrading hasn't really been a priority. I recently requested to buy one direct from Sony, just waiting for the email...
No local stores put PS5/XSX on shelves AFAIK. It's all done exclusively online from my experience.

I've got some bad news for you.

I stopped at 7 though most of mine were locally at best buy or target. Still have 1 friends that keeps going back and forth about really needing one so I'm still keeping track of weekly drops.

No local stores put PS5/XSX on shelves AFAIK. It's all done exclusively online from my experience.

Ah yes, Bethesda and xbox...

I have had 3 PlayStation direct emails sent to me, never bothered buying, although you know what, if I get a note one I WILL scalp it because based on what I have seen, apparently, it's ok to use those links to buy for family and friends, but god forbid I make 300$ during some of the worse inflation we have ever seen.

Back