PURE | GATE 2 - GT300 - Season winners - tony1311 and Team Wedssport

Fixed specifications; the '03 Arta's power limiter value should've been 96.2, not 97.0. (thanks Iforce)

itkqDES.png

And here's our latest teams proposal. I may actually take the Altezza... but more testing shall be done.

GPJerUi.png

GATE 2 - 1.5 to 1.6 specifications changelog:

• The Toyota Altezza Touring Car '01 has had a medium turbo fitted with more limiting in order to have a more effective power delivery, flat peak from 6,000 RPM to 9,000 RPM. We've also increased the amount of ballast weight from 40kg to 60kg by installing a window weight reduction to only bring the new total weight up to 1050. This gives 20 kilograms more to distribute to the rear in an effort to reduce understeer along with the addition of 5 more downforce points to the rear.

Changes -
    Power: 315 to 305
    Weight: 1040 to 1050
    Performance Points: 453 to 456
    Downforce: 20/25 to 20/30
    Limiter: 99.6 to 85.4​
  • The CUSCO SUBARU ADVAN IMPREZA '08 and CUSCO SUBARU ADVAN IMPREZA '03 have also been stripped of their large turbos. Setting it back to default reduces the amount of limiting needed to reach the target power level, this puts it at a more even keel with the rest of the cars as it doesn't have the advantage of a much flatter power band than the rest and very slightly less power on both.

'03 Changes -
    Power: 325 to 324
    PP: 493 to 489
    Limiter: 82.6 to 99.7
    Engine: Turbo 3 to default​

• The Lexus WEDSSPORT IS350 '08 has had its weight reduced by 10 kilograms and has a semi-open PP spec defined at 489*. Drivers are allowed the option of running the car without an oil change, which will reduce the amount of limiting one would have to do to reach the required power level. Teams can also run with an oil change in order to increase the base power for more limiting and a flatter power band at peak, but they will have still keep it at 489pp by either reducing power or adding more weight. This can change from round to round at the drivers' discretion in order to best suit the profile of the varying tracks through out the season.

Changes -
    Weight: 1200 to 1190
    PP*: 491 to 489​
  • The Spoon S2000 Race Car '00 was not changed.

• The Honda S2000 LM Race Car '01 was not changed.

• RE AMEMIYA Asparadrink RX7 '06 had its power dropped for improved parity.

Changes -
    Power: 315 to 313
    PP: 502 to 501
    Limiter: 93.5 to 92.8​
  • Toyota WEDSSPORT Celica '03 was not changed.

• Autobacs ARTA Garaiya '08 was not changed

• The Toyota Superautobacs Apex MR-S '00 has had its power bumped up at the expense of the large turbo 3 upgrade for better performance across more tracks with a peakier powerband. Also, much like the Lexus, it has a new semi-open PP target of 513, but the only factor drivers have to influence it with is aerodynamics. One may set the aero. up however one would like, but it must reach 513pp, everything else, such as upgrades, oil change, limiter, and weight, must stay fixed as shown.

Changes -
    Power: 295 to 305
    Engine: Turbo 3 to default
    Limiter: 77.4 to 96.9​
  • Autobacs ARTA Garaiya '03 had its power dropped slightly for improved parity.

Changes -
    Power: 324 to 322.
    PP: 516 to 515
    Limiter: 97.0 to 96.2​
  • CUSCO SUBARU ADVAN IMPREZA '08

Changes -
    Power: 325 to 323
    PP: 519 to 516
    Limiter: 83.9 to 97.1
    Engine: Turbo 3 to default​
Well done Eddie. 👍

Really surprised to see the abandonment of the S2K LM though... I picked the MR-S because she was so lonely. :lol:

LOL. While I'm not certain, I'm currently working on living through my 197th season, I'd bet I'm the oldest old fart running this series. Might not be though. I've discovered over the last year there are some seriously mature folks playing GT5.

Yeah, Sometimes you get surprised how old people are playing. I'm 53 myself and see it as a good sign still being a sucker for competition and testosteron level going high wanting to win.

I've only seen 126 seasons...my competitive drive is less than ever on "less meaningful" things, and possibly stronger than ever on things I deem "more important".

So for races it pretty much depends on the series and my mood. :lol:

I probably take first place in the age category. It will likely be my only podium in this series. My wife gave me a PS3 and GT5 for my 60th birthday a year and a half ago. Now that I think of it do i get a senior increase in HP...Bob

10% Iirc. :D

Yes, you are correct. The best way is to buy a new car, change the oil then run for 300km. That's it no more new oil.
Not to contradict but I always consider it "easier" to simply never change the oil at all.
Same end result ftw. :)

I didn't know that Dom. When I tried it I just bought the car and ran 300km but then I couldn't reach the hp. I must of done something wrong.

New team proposal version 2:

Vk5OtGL.png

I put twistedfirework on Autobacs Aguri, as he requested, to replace Veloci's move to Autobacs Yosai in order to split the skill level better between the two Autobac Garaiya teams.
I moved Third Reign to his number 3 pick, but I don't think he'll complain with that car and team. I put grazbo on his number 1 pick at R&D Sport, then moved Stretch to Cusco, then Jash to Wedssport, phaedrussocrate to his number 2 pick at Cusco to make up a very solid team there. kolden's been placed on A'PEX APR to round out that team as paulmac can only attend a couple races at best. Dr_Watson and Wardez both had the Altezza as alternative picks and will be teamed up on team MOLA in order to give the relatively awkward machine a fighting chance together. As it stands here in the V2 proposal, all teams are incredibly solid in potential comparably accounting for our 2 out of 3 team score rule. Also, mostly everyone has their first and second picks. Only real negative is that we may not end up using the S2000 LM, which is a shame, but we will still retain such an awesome variety of cars it won't be too bad at all.

This list is still just provisional and can change at anytime before tomorrow night, which is our self-prescribed deadline, so if something's off or needs change, let us know and we'll work with it!"
This is the latest draft Tim.

Time for round 1, I'll be beginning my P1 session tonight Pst time. Plz await P1 results! 👍

I didn't know that Dom. When I tried it I just bought the car and ran 300km but then I couldn't reach the hp. I must of done something wrong.
I'd guess you fell short of 300km.(186miles)
GVS B-Spec is only 182.1miles, need 3.9 more. (just a guess)

This is the latest draft Tim.
I am MORE than happy to go into the S2K LM with 1 other to keep each car alive. This car is my favorite of them all, after all. :)

Hello everyone, thanks for the invite to this fantastic competition.
I can commit to the entire season and don't mind which car I use, though I don't have many of them yet.
From the current list of teams I see the Spoon, Altezza and the Celica are all 1 person short of a full team.
If you would like to put me into any of these teams I'll kindly ask Ren if he can send me the car :D

Edit: Just read Dom's post, I'll drive the S2000LM if you wish as well 👍

Last edited:
hmm... Eddie I'd rather keep the S2000 LM alive than the Altezza.
you? (I mean you do have that hot pink one)

Base tunes link:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=8050468#post8050468

I feel like we have enough drivers/cars to keep them all alive. I'd be happy to take the S2K or the Altezza. It's pretty much why I too the MR-S.

I think so as well... I love both cars (at least I have in previous GT's I don't really drive the standards in GT5 ever). So I'm fine with either one.

I think Dave was keeping you in the MR-S to offset Paul being part-time. And He's not going to put me and you in the S2000 'cuz we'd just kill everyone. :mischievous: hah!

seriously though, we do also have JTV now.
So I suppose the question is do we want a full field of cars or a n even # of drivers per team?

I suppose what we have to ask is that if Tim takes the S2000 LM and Eddie takes the Altezza, JTV could pair with one of you and someone else would need to switch to make another 2 man team.

Give me an hour and I will take a spin in the S2000 to see if I can get on with it.

EDIT : I have given it a go but I really don't like it. I can sense it will be quick in the right hands, just not mine :(
Does anyone else fancy switching to either the S2000 LM or the Altezza?

Last edited:
I suppose what we have to ask is that if Tim takes the S2000 LM and Eddie takes the Altezza, JTV could pair with one of you and someone else would need to switch to make another 2 man team.

k, I'll fill in the s2000 and altezza as we figure it out. (I'm actually rather surprised Jason went for the AWD scooby rather than a little RWD roadster).

specs should also be up-to-date ... let me know if I missed some changes.

The only thing I can find is that on my subaru '03 I have 99.5% PL at 324hp and 489pp.
Other than that, absolutely spot on 👍

We just need to add jtv.

GTP_JTV would you like to pick any available car? I can send it to you if need be.

The only thing I can find is that on my subaru '03 I have 99.5% PL at 324hp and 489pp.
Other than that, absolutely spot on 👍

We just need to add jtv.

GTP_JTV would you like to pick any available car? I can send it to you if need be.

anyone confirm that? Eddie's post above has 99.7

All good Tim and Dom, thanks for the feedback, that's why we made the deadline tonight for ourselves :)

I'm gonna stay on Altezza, I think that Dom should stay on MR-S and Tim and JTV head to S2000 LM.

I really don't mind being by myself on a team, if anyone comes around later it would be cool to fill in a second spot but I feel fine as a lonewolf for now.

And yeah I'll need someone to confirm the power limiter level on the '03 Subaru, I might've had slightly dirty oil when I got the number,

Last edited:
i prefer a subaru if it's possible ;) celica is my third choice but if it's impossible np :)

It may be possible, just kind of difficult. We could switch you with Stretch.

I'll be very happy with the S200LM, as it has been a favourite of mine since GT3 :D

No I don't have it, pink sounds nice though ;). I'll boot up my PS3 and send a FR request.
And Thankyou

Back