PURE | GT4 Cup: Season 3 | Season End

• Thread starter Adam41
  • 1,478 comments
Aha! :D

Litchi can you make the D2 room with 10 spaces please.

I also advise everyone to try out the pit lane in practice before the race so you know what speed to enter without receiving a penalty in the race.

Grids

Race Info

There was a mistake in the race info. Laps will be set to 22 That's 21 laps and 1 formation lap. Sorry about that!

D1 Room: 1472-6118-4130-9223-9111

Bro is on PS3, ugh. Started yet?
****. That + early race start = no entry.
7:00 PDT / 10:00 EDT / 15:00 BST (GMT+1) - Qualifying deadline
8:30 PDT / 11:30 EDT / 16:30 BST - Room opens (add my PSN)
8:55 PDT / 11:55 EDT / 16:55 BST - PP, power and weight checks, track reset
9:00 PDT / 12:00 EDT / 17:00 BST
We waited 5 mn for you and we started the race at 17:05 BST. This is not early. This is just in time.

josh won in division 2 with me second and then minion, no idea what happened in the D1 race it's all very quite :odd:

Came a little unprepaired to this race, only about 50 laps of practise, nevertheless i did enjoy my first PURE-experience...

Room b

Started last, and had eventually a good start, i was able to mingle among the drivers in the back of the pack. But still a bit unsecure in the Nissan 370Z, and i got suprised by the draft. Sorry if i touched someone, going off. To my big suprise my teammate was in trouble aswell, i think he made a mistake, entering to quick in the pits and therefore he had to re-pit. Nevertheless he closed the gap and appeared in my rear vieuw mirror. But i was able to keep him off, and in the end i think i had the better tyres, without making any mistakes since my pitstop i was able not to end last 👍

I enjoyed the race very much, and i will be back for more, special thanks to my teammate for the nice battle.

Time attack was 1st, tony was 2nd, aderrrm was 3rd, i was 4th. Outlaw was 5th. Biffy was 6th. Thats all i can remember off the top of my head...

nice job nsf05 were you not in division 2 last week, you have made some jump in a week 👍 :lol:

D1 was a blast. Apart from the minor connection problems we had at the beginning everything went well.

I took a slightly tighter line into turn 3 (the fast left), which meant I wasn't as far over to the left as I could have been for turn 4 (the fast right). That meant I hit the apex earlier, compromising my exit for turn 5 over the crest (the fast left). I thought I was at a speed which took into account the draft (dirty air) and the slightly tighter line but oh was I wrong. Ended up going 4 wheels on the grass to the right. Now, if you go 2 wheels here, you're 2 right side tyres are dirty but you still have more than enough grip to brake for the hairpin. 4 tyres however, you're doing 120+ mph after that kerbing, and I had my brakes on as soon as I was on the grass (I think anyway lol). Went right into the sand trap at the hairpin. And damn did it take the mick to get out of. It's up hill, so to turn the car around is nearly impossible. It shaves off any speed you thought you could keep up to get back on to the tarmac as quick as possible. Came out in 8th, behind Tim, in front of Paul.

Tim was probably the hardest car to get past. His 370Z would pull away from my Vette so much, he would even pull a considerable gap through the first tunnel after that tight hairpin. I had the pace on him through that tight section, but the road is so narrow there it was nearly impossible for me to undercut him and get my nose along side, never mind attempt a pass. :scared: Of course I couldn't overtake him on the straights, because he had the slipstream of cicua and outlaw who were trading places much more than me and Tim were. :dopey:

After a few laps I decided to outbrake Tim into the tight hairpin (turn 6). He saw me coming, and I had my nose along side, went low on the apex, but he closed the door which meant we made a little contact. All this why outlaw and cicua are hovering about. :dopey:

I then made passes on outlaw, cicua, Biffy (after his off track moment on the exit of turn 6) and then nsf. I was 11 seconds behind Tony and TA at this point. I pitted on lap 10 just in front of nsf who was doing a fine job keeping up with me and applying some pressure I must say. Sterling job today mate. :)👍

I come out the pits only to find Paul wanting to get stuck in on the action and Biffy who had undercut me. I was not best pleased. :lol: I got past Paul, and then stuck with Biffy for a lap. I took him the following lap, and then decided the best place to drop him was the place where I made a mistake :sly: So I went in hot at turn 5 right up to the grass, and whilst he didn't go 4 wheels on the grass like me, he went 2 wheels off which hurt his momentum through the hairpin. The gap to TA and Tony was 17 seconds as I came out the pits which I was baffled at. Then I clicked on that TA must have pitted on lap 9. I slowly reeled in Tony for the rest of the race but was still a fair way off of him at the end of the race, and brought the gap down to TA to 11 seconds or something. My tyres were shot but it was a very enjoyable race. :D:tup:

How did D2 go?

Also look out for another one of them spot races I will be hosting, set for the 21st April. OP will probs be up on Monday. :)

thanks green, i practiced quite a bit and the evora and grand valley are a very nice match.

thankfully biffy's setup he posted was a really good starting point. all i changed was the diff setup to give me more traction coming out of the corners. having aderrrm crash and make his way back up through the pack helped alot too cause once he caught me i used him to pull myself away from the guys behind me.

yeah aderrrm, i knew you were much faster then me so i just waited till you were close and gave you the easy pass so that i could just tag along with you.. unfortunatly you pitted the next lap, lol. i was hoping to get pulled up a bit further, pit with you and just stay behind you. luckily i caught up to biffy due to his tires being quite worn. passed him and tried to pull off very fast times to drop him from my draft. didnt want a last lap draft pass to lose 4th, lol

We waited 5 mn for you and we started the race at 17:05 BST. This is not early. This is just in time.

I dunno I normally start at 30min past midnight, which it was over here.
Not sure of what happened with the time zones.
That or my clock is messed up.

The Vette handled okay, but not great. The big problem was how the car plowed going into the first hairpin. I really had to work the brakes in clean air, but with dirty air, oh good grief! When I tried passing nsf, I all but ate kitty, losing not only that position, but letting cicua by. From that point, I was stuck behind him, unable to pass except at the straightaway. Then came the dumb hairpin where I kept losing the nose and the spot. Needless to say, I had to restrain myself from bumping him out of my way. :lol:

I was still behind cicua when he decided to pit, but slowed much more than expected coming into the last corner, ruining my line. I almost binned it as I went wide on exit, but I kept on going, forced to run another lap on depleted tires. Oh, how fun. :ill:

When I left the pits, he went on by and pulled a small gap on me. I knew I had better pace plus fresher tires so I ran solid laps until I caught up to him. However, I stayed behind, preferring to save the tires some more, knowing I needed them for the hairpin. IIRC, it took me two or three times until I finally pulled off the pass, and quickly pulled away. Then, to my surprise, I caught up and passed Biffy for 5th without incident just as my tires gave up on the last lap.

Overall, a messy, yet enjoyable race. Probably should have gone with my other setup, though. I think it was a tad better on wear.

Clocks went forward 1 hour last week in the UK.

Yeah, i almost lost the race as well. I usually wake up 1 hour before the race. Today i woke up and checked the thread, the rooms were already up .. i was like "wtf" lol.

This weekend was pretty bad for me in GT5 overall, bad quali and horrible race. Was doing ok for the first laps, then after Josh passed me on the straight i went of with 2 wheels before the first hairpin and it was all over. Went really deep into the hairpin sand and lost about 15-20 seconds and i couldn't close the gap to Josh or Green. I was lucky Litchi had to pit 2 times and gave me the 3rd place.

Yea, I really don't understand what's wrong with my tyres:(

btw, I'll post the "unofficial" results after sleep.

:cheers:

It's because you use some wacky tunes :P I remember trying out one of your FMSC tunes at Spa and my tyres had degraded the same amount when I got out of Eau Rouge than they would have after a whole lap with my tune lol. :scared:

And thanks. :)

Same thread as the Spa one? Or you gonna make a new thread?

New thread! The race was gonna be on the 14th, but I'm out all day on that Saturday now. So we're going with the 21st instead.

Anyone catch the total time for D1 as well?

We all will try but we all know Aderrrm is one to watch ;).

Latest Posts

Back