PURE | GT4 Cup: Season 3 | Season End

• Thread starter Adam41
  • 1,478 comments
MÜLE_9242;6883190
I had a good start, but then once the tires started to wear, the car just became undrivably loose. I couldn't keep the back end from coming around at all, even though I was having no problems on fresh tires once I adjusted my setup. I pretty much just gave up and parked it. Not sure what lap, but yeah. If I kept going I was going to start risking hitting someone else and/or ragequitting out of frustration, and I didn't want to do that.

Same thing happened to me in the FMSC race, too. :/

Kk no probs. 👍

Have to work again. :(
Hopefully I can at least make the last round.

Ugh. :( Yes hope you can. :)👍

I did a few laps today and only managed a 58 flat. With some work i think can hit some mid 57's. Biffys 56.7 seems very strong.
Do you guys think this is a good track for the Evora?

This track is probably the best for the Evora and Camaro. Whilst they might have had a slight advantage at Monaco and Bronzestone too, Monaco requires short bursts of acceleration and there's quite a few straights at Bronzestone. GVS has a lot of technical bits with many sequences of corners which favours the Evora and Camaro's handling and change in direction.

yeah i agree this track should definatly favour the evora. which is good for me after that last race. maybe me and mule can score some good points to lift the team out from last place:)

Seeing TAs laps in the Camaro stump me 1:32.0 at Nurb GP/D im testing right now and can only get a 1:33.6 or a 1:33.4 on a perfect lap.. :odd:. TA any chance you'll let me "borrow" your setup :sly:.

Well mate, when we ran that race in the pre-season the Camaro was a bit lighter at the time and had less horespower so that tune is a bit out of date. However, once the specs were changed after that race I went back to see the difference in performance and the car felt about 3 tenths slower with the current specs. Regardless, the Camaro should still be able to dip below 1:32.0 at Nurb GP/D, as my PB with the original specs (less weight and horsepower) was a 1'31.5 IIRC.

Here's my tune for Grand Valley if you want to try it out. I did a bit of testing earlier this morning and was hovering in the low 56's, then kept pounding out laps until I got a 1'55.9xx.

Max aero in rear

-6/-4
9.5/7.9
5/5
5/5
3/3
1.0/1.2
0.00/-.65 (you may want to reduce the rear toe a bit for the race if you're having trouble with rear tire wear, or if the car is a bit unstable at the apex of the hairpin/ before the T1 split.)

Diff

10/45/5

Brake balance: 6/7

Final 2.000
(top speed) 250...which must be kmh. Although I'm not sure why it shows KPH and not MPH on my setting sheet :odd: I'll have to double check on that one ...

I'm not really sure how much is left in the tune atm (probably not much), but it's pretty easy to drive and has fairly balanced tire wear front/rear. You'll probably want to lengthen the gearing a bit for the race as well. Also, I might end up taking some aero off of the rear (as I did at Monza) depending on the pace of the other cars, in order to minimize the poor straightline speed of the Camaro. Unfortunately, taking that bit of aero off of the rear will cost maybe 2 tenths in lap time...but it may just make that slight enough difference to prevent a overtake down the main straight, which could potentially put me in a fight with a car behind that is a couple of tenths off pace.

Kk no probs. 👍

Ugh. :( Yes hope you can. :)👍

This track is probably the best for the Evora and Camaro. Whilst they might have had a slight advantage at Monaco and Bronzestone too, Monaco requires short bursts of acceleration and there's quite a few straights at Bronzestone. GVS has a lot of technical bits with many sequences of corners which favours the Evora and Camaro's handling and change in direction.

I agree there. However I just wanted to say that although the Camaro was very quick over one lap at Bronzestone, the car was incredibly hard on the front tires when exiting the longer duration - high speed corners, which meant you couldn't really push the car very hard at all in the race without being left with a oil tanker at the end of the race. I think it has something to do with its hefty belt line (:lol:) and how hard that weight works the tires when you are trying to get the most out of the car.

I think it just shows how many interesting, albeit different characteristics there are amongst the cars. It kind of reminds me of how the F1 cars are, and how it's not always clear cut or predictable as to which car will be strongest at what track, and over 1 lap or over the course of the race where tire wear is just as crucial...if not moreso.

Last edited:
Thanks TA 👍, ill be sure to try it :).

Also another Chevy driver complaining about lack of straightline speed, now where I have heard that before? :sly:

Max aero in rear

-6/-4
9.5/7.9
5/5
5/5
3/3
1.0/1.2
0.00/-.65 (you may want to reduce the rear toe a bit for the race if you're having trouble with rear tire wear, or if the car is a bit unstable at the apex of the hairpin/ before the T1 split.)
Interesting camber/toe combination. I must try that on my Vette. 💡

Thanks TA 👍, ill be sure to try it :).

Also another Chevy driver complaining about lack of straightline speed, now where I have heard that before? :sly:

The only thing keeping me from outright asking Adam to switch to a Camaro (even though I'd likely be denied, obviously) is the tire wear. It's likely just me, but the Camaro is much more fun to drive. I can't explain why; probably just my natural bias :dopey:

I agree there. However I just wanted to say that although the Camaro was very quick over one lap at Bronzestone, the car was incredibly hard on the front tires when exiting the longer duration - high speed corners, which meant you couldn't really push the car very hard at all in the race without being left with a oil tanker at the end of the race. I think it has something to do with its hefty belt line (:lol:) and how hard that weight works the tires when you are trying to get the most out of the car.

Hey my tyres were bad at Bronzestone too! :lol: I tried to save my tyres during the first stint, but the second stint I obviously has to try and get away from Tony. I had the lowest amount of grip I've ever seen in a GT4 Car I've driven, but the way I don't use the rear grip of the Corvette meant that it was barge, but not an out of control one. :P

MÜLE_9242;6888792
The only thing keeping me from outright asking Adam to switch to a Camaro (even though I'd likely be denied, obviously) is the tire wear.

:D There's only 2 races left too.

Any rooms up for me to join/practise? If not ill just go in my lounge ;).

Edit: Pics of my car :P.

GT5003.jpg

GT5004.jpg

GT5005.jpg

Last edited:
Race Information - Race 5: GRAND VALLEY

img.php

Laps will be set to 22.

Division 1 Host:
Division 2 Host:

7:00 PDT / 10:00 EDT / 15:00 BST (GMT+1) - Qualifying deadline
8:30 PDT / 11:30 EDT / 16:30 BST - Room opens (add my PSN)
8:55 PDT / 11:55 EDT / 16:55 BST - PP, power and weight checks, track reset
9:00 PDT / 12:00 EDT / 17:00 BST - line up in order on track, race start (with formation lap)

• You should not go off track or drive "dirty". Red+white rumble strips are track. Green/black concrete/astroturf or green painted rumble strips are not. is If you continuously drive on dirty parts of the track during the race and you gain time from doing so, you will receive an appropriate penalty.
  • These are the obvious dirty parts of the track. You should not run wide here. Given in chronological order of the lap (click for big):
Pics are from GV Reverse. Imagine the car is pointing the other way! :P

Formation lap: Maintain a pace of EXACTLY 62 mph/100 kmh. Do not weave in order to try and warm up your tyres. This will only increase the risk of damage.

Pits: There will be no pit window for this race. I advise everyone to try entering the pit lane prior to the race to see if lifting off or braking is necessary in order to not get a 'penalty'. 5 second penalties will be handed out for crossing the pit entry/exit lines.

Please note the times for your time zone. The UK and Europe are now on daylight savings. The UK is now on BST which is GMT+1.

That's all. Have fun everyone and keep it clean. 👍

Last edited:
Having said there is no pit window does that mean we dint have to pit? Last race i was going to do no pit stop but then 3/4 of the way through i remember somethig being written about pit stops so i did a pit stop to be safe

There's still 1 mandatory pit stop. There's no pit window because apparently it helped people with tyre wear and strategy. Maybe at Monza a no stop is possible, but anywhere else, especially GV, I'd like to see you try. :D

Did a 56.3 earlier. Was a pretty sweet lap :)

There's still 1 mandatory pit stop. There's no pit window because apparently it helped people with tyre wear and strategy. Maybe at Monza a no stop is possible, but anywhere else, especially GV, I'd like to see you try. :D

Did a 56.3 earlier. Was a pretty sweet lap :)

challenge-accepted-300x244.png

I don't get it lol.

Some people like to do funny things when you try off-site image linking. You can set your web-server to provide an alternate image if the referring domain doesn't match yours.
Was all the rage back in the bandwidth constrained days so people could give you something cheeky for trying to leech their hosting bandwidth.

I expect the annoying orange was not his intended img.

Some people like to do funny things when you try off-site image linking. You can set your web-server to provide an alternate image if the referring domain doesn't match yours.
Was all the rage back in the bandwidth constrained days so people could give you something cheeky for trying to leech their hosting bandwidth.

I expect the annoying orange was not his intended img.

I never knew you could even do that, it was actually a 'challenge accepted' image, but the annoying orange works too lol.

Devious internet fiends lol 🤬

I have a room up. Not set up for Gt4 yet, but once someone comes in, I'll convert it.

1472-6118-3744-3751-1532

I never knew you could even do that, it was actually a 'challenge accepted' image, but the annoying orange works too lol.

Devious internet fiends lol 🤬

this one was cheeky... devious is being goatse'd

Any practise/quali rooms up? (I'd make one but you know my connection isn't the best for hosting a room :lol:.)

I'm going to tune my car and try and get qualified tonight. Won't be around for another 2 hours though.

Ok no prob ill wait then. Btw even on TAs mad tune im still able to find understeer :lol: as a result im only in the 58s :(. (In my lounge)

Back