PURE | TR Motegi GT500/19.00 UTC Sun, July 8th- Sign up form added!

• Thread starter Wardez
  • 150 comments
so you have a good SC430 tune laying around from JGTS?
I have a good 2-4 of every SuperGT car in GT5. :P
Lexus SC430 - Loose (Motegi is a tight track)
That's my most up to date tune that I can recall. There's the stable version, but I expect that would under-steer at Motegi.

I was planning to run a GTR, I'm a bit tired of the SC430, and not enough practice to try a more difficult car.

I have a good 2-4 of every SuperGT car in GT5. :P

I was planning to run a GTR though, I'm a bit tired of the SC430, not enough practice to try a more difficult car.

Yeah, but I'm running a Lexus that I didn't have much time to setup. Was looking for a shortcut. ;)

Oh and here's a tune Tim:

xfer4.jpg

Great Reunion tour guys. 👍

The 430 suits me, I should have taken it in the season :lol:

Unfortunately I had an engine failure a couple of laps before the finish. But I had fun out there and that what's important.
Congratulations again Otto.:cheers:

It's a shame to see you so far back Jon. I wanted to give you my tune but didn't know if you would like it. And praiano's tunes are usually really stable.. (if you used it). Better luck next race.👍
(I know you're still learning with the wheel as well).

Great race man. 14th to 4th is good stuff bro. Like Schumacher at Spa last year

Thanks, amazing what being mistake-free and consistent can do in leu of pure speed. Never got out of the 1'49's all race, just did lots of 49-50 and kept it on the road. 👍

Thanks, amazing what being mistake-free and consistent can do in leu of pure speed. Never got out of the 1'49's all race, just did lots of 49-50 and kept it on the road. 👍

Even when your tires got worn down? That's impressive. I got low 51s at one point and my car was damaged but 49s seem a little out of reach for now

Had a pretty good race going, up until around lap 18, not sure what happened, but Litchi suddenly slowed dramatically entering the first turn, and I caught his inside rear, causing us both damage. :( His worse than mine, he had to pit, mine was pretty driveable yet so I stayed out, and somewhere between low tires 1.7 laps from my planned pit stop, a little bit of damage, and a phone call I lost it exiting turn 1, and oh-so-barely too. :indiff:
I managed to work it down the track without hurting anyone for a bit, but since I couldn't hang up staying on the track wasn't a viable option anymore.

Had a pretty good race going, up until around lap 18, not sure what happened, but Litchi suddenly slowed dramatically entering the first turn, and I caught his inside rear, causing us both damage. :( His worse than mine, he had to pit, mine was pretty driveable yet so I stayed out,

Yea, sorry for my bad t1 dude, my tyres were died. And no, my damage was certainly not worse than yours but i can't drive with a damage with my DS3 :(

Thanks Wes, my final position is a little misleading I think.

I lost a lot of time early with a couple of spins and got a push which resulted in me hitting a wall just after the pit entry. I was 90sec behind after 6 racing laps and then had a couple more mistakes through to halfway. After settling down I was running mid 1'50 consistently and was about the same pace as the cars around me.

Still quite happy with the race, managing to control the NSX better than I had expected after my practice sessions. Maybe if we run it again right now I could push for a top 10 finish :D

Even when your tires got worn down? That's impressive. I got low 51s at one point and my car was damaged but 49s seem a little out of reach for now

On the 14 lap stint lap 14 slid into the 1'52 land as they started to fall off pretty hard by lap 13.

Yea, sorry for my bad t1 dude, my tyres were died. And no, my damage was certainly not worse than yours but i can't drive with a damage with my DS3 :(
Mine was pretty driveable, maybe slowing me .5 a lap or so and a bit of consistency. With more practice I probably would have avoided it tbh.

On the 14 lap stint lap 14 slid into the 1'52 land as they started to fall off pretty hard by lap 13.
Some mighty fine lap times there Tim. 👍
I was running 51's-53's saving tires. (Had no idea how far they could go)
I'd actually dare say a single-stopper might have been possible for the gods.

I'd actually dare say a single-stopper might have been possible for the gods.

I was trying to burn the fronts on the way in and go easy on the rears exiting, which surprisingly worked out pretty well. But I'm pretty sure the rears would have been gone by lap 16, it was all downhill from lap 13, lap 12 was really their last *good* rubber. Running 1'48s would have probably required a 3-stop strategy and green skin.

Results and fastest laps:
motegi1.jpg

In addition to this, w-g-e did a 1:48.719

The amount of fuel I had when crossing the line:
motegi2.jpg

Needless to say I was really sweating for the last couple laps. :embarrassed:

It was a great battle against w-g-e all race. On the first stint I noticed that it's really hard to run in someone else's dirty air so I knew I had to snatch track position with an early pit stop and then try to keep it as best as I could. Though Wes had better pace than me, the tactic worked and by pitting every 10 laps I managed to keep him behind. On the third stint he got really close and we had a bit of a battle but then on the next lap he overshot T1 which gave me a bit of breathing room.

I didn't expect the NSX to drink through the whole tank so I only refueled 15 litres on the last stop. At that point I had a gap of 8 seconds which I managed to build up to 13 but after that I started to get ever more nervous about the fuel so I let the gap fall down because I had to try my best to make the tank last. On the last few laps I was coasting the downhill section and generally running really slowly but luckily there was still a drop of fuel in the engine and the gap was big enough for me to take the top podium.

It felt really good to run this ARTA NSX once again. I have such fond memories of WSGTC 3 and driving this car brought them alive. WSGTC was the best series I ever took part in so if there'll ever be a WSGTC 4 I'll definitely be in! :)

(just no turbo on the NSX please :bowdown:)

Last edited:
Enjoyed the race. First stint did all I could to hang with those NSX's. Pilots of them were flying. So knowing I didn't have the speed in me to flat out run them. Decided to try and out pit them going for a two stop. Got a lil dicey on the 13-15th lap of a stint. Managed to keep the car going straight and on the track. Last few laps was shaping up to be an intense battle between w-g-e and myself. Very unfortunate he DC'd. Rather gotten a third place and battled him opposed to second cause he dc'd. My fuel was getting low. Low enough that I started worry around ten to go. Then at five I was under a 1/4 tank. Thinking if I loose the podium over fuel. I'm gonna be upset with myself. LoL took 12 and 12 liters. Last stop game suggested 10. I was like yea right. I know how well you calculate mileage. Let's add a couple more liters. LoL

Missed racing the GT500's! Love this group. So clean and respectful. Congrats to all that showed up. Made for a great day of racing. Super clean.

One thing to note for the new guys. Be sure to respect cars lapping you. Do not race them. Let off and let them by. As well with different tire strategies sometimes a fast fresh tire car catches you while on low rubber. Don't be that guy and block or hold him up. Again respect. Just things to note.

PURE- Clean, Respect, Integrity......

Enjoyed the race. First stint did all I could to hang with those NSX's. Pilots of them were flying. So knowing I didn't have the speed in me to flat out run them. Decided to try and out pit them going for a two stop. Got a lil dicey on the 13-15th lap of a stint. Managed to keep the car going straight and on the track. Last few laps was shaping up to be an intense battle between w-g-e and myself. Very unfortunate he DC'd. Rather gotten a third place and battled him opposed to second cause he dc'd. My fuel was getting low. Low enough that I started worry around ten to go. Then at five I was under a 1/4 tank. Thinking if I loose the podium over fuel. I'm gonna be upset with myself. LoL took 12 and 12 liters. Last stop game suggested 10. I was like yea right. I know how well you calculate mileage. Let's add a couple more liters. LoL

:lol: I did the same thing. Took the free 12 on lap 15 stop 1 when the game was asking for 9L. Lap 29 I then put in the free 12 again on stop 2 when the game was asking for another 6L. Had plenty to push hard to the finish trying to reel in Dan. I never trust my pit-crew anymore.

p.s. Love our fast laps of 49.380, .386, .388 👍

Dr_Watson
:lol: I did the same thing. Took the free 12 on lap 15 stop 1 when the game was asking for 9L. Lap 29 I then put in the free 12 again on stop 2 when the game was asking for another 6L. Had plenty to push hard to the finish trying to reel in Dan. I never trust my pit-crew anymore.

p.s. Love our fast laps of 49.380, .386, .388 👍

The crew was wanting to put in 22liters after first stop. I was like your crazy. I can't sit here that long. LoL

Great to read about what seems to be a great race!! 👍

Awesome performance there OK8, Jeff and Tim! 👍
(Pag, you did good too.. ;) )

I just got back home from Spain, so tomorrow, I'll fire the PS3 up for some racing and photo-session for the upcomming PURE | ZR1 vs Zonda R series! :cheers:

Denilson
Great to read about what seems to be a great race!! 👍

Awesome performance there OK8, Jeff and Tim! 👍
(Pag, you did good too.. ;) )

I just got back home from Spain, so tomorrow, I'll fire the PS3 up for some racing and photo-session for the upcomming PURE | ZR1 vs Zonda R series! :cheers:

I missed you Sunday! Then again. You most likely would of finished ahead of me. ;) no really I did miss ya.

Looking forward to Zonda/ZR1 series.

Back