Questionable modifications: pictures inside!

• Thread starter -Fred-
  • 38,846 comments
That could potentially look great if the guy completely refabricates the entire undercarriage of the car in order to house the wheels well under the body and extremely lower the car. Indeed, if you're gonna put enormous wheels on a muscle car you need to do aaaaaaaaaaaaall the extra work it takes to make it work. If not, you end up looking llike that thing. Ew.

That could potentially look great if the guy completely refabricates the entire undercarriage of the car in order to house the wheels well under the body and extremely lower the car. Indeed, if you're gonna put enormous wheels on a muscle car you need to do aaaaaaaaaaaaall the extra work it takes to make it work. If not, you end up looking llike that thing. Ew.
Like this?
20140322_180922.jpg

Like this?

No. That is almost a stock ride height in a 55 Chevy. It looks tucked in because of the design of the rear wheelwell. I'm talking more or less like this:
97c6e2f76b359520001115f888e8a74a.jpg

I think they are 22s in the rear, and even so the car doesn't look thaaaaaaaaaaaat bad. But that's because the car swallows a good portion of the wheels. Imagine if you could see the entire wheel in this car. It would look downright stupid. As it sits it doesnt look too bad.

I actually found this through OppositeLock, Jalopnik's forum.
Ohh ok. I would actually be surprised by now if Jalop did not already know about this. You know what happened with this (which very much belongs here):

2011-nissan-murano-crosscabriolet_100330088_l.jpg

Ohh ok. I would actually be surprised by now if Jalop did not already know about this. You know what happened with this (which very much belongs here):

2011-nissan-murano-crosscabriolet_100330088_l.jpg
Wait, now I remember! I saw that on Shmee's FB timeline, and then I posted it on OppositeLock! :P

Anyways, a questionable mod from my country!

image.jpg

@Legro I don't see anything wrong with the execution. Also not surprised it came out better-looking than the upcoming 5 door MINI Hatch.

Attaching classic wing mirrors to a Mk VI Rover Mini is marginally less questionable. :P

I wasn't sure where to post these, because these are not modified, but factory built...

DSC01651.JPG
8158303_1.jpg
vendo+ford+f+1000+ano+97+canoas+rs+brasil__638F0D_1.jpg
Photo3754.jpg
vendo%20camionete%20ford%20f1000%20motor%20mwm%20diesel%20ano%201990%20cabine%20dupla%20ararangua%20sc%20brasil__729130_5.jpg
DSCI1725.JPG

I guess so they could keep the floor absolutly flat...

it appears that there would be room for a driveshaft if they put a standard size tunnel down the center, or even just raised the floor a bit further...
PhotoJPG3-1.jpg

I beleive the transaxle came out of a toronado

just noticed their site states :As Seen on Monster Garage... I dont remember ever seeing it on there

Last edited:
Back