Questionable modifications: pictures inside!

• Thread starter -Fred-
  • 38,834 comments
rice-27274.jpg

Yeeaah.

What happened to the good old know-the-size-of-the-car-you're-driving feeling?

Bah, you should see the street outside our college, the curbs have turned black from all the rubber from students tyre sidewalls grinding the curb whilst parallel parking.:scared: If you can't feel the car grinding the curb, your too far out :ill:

Are you ready for some puke-inducing, diahrrea-quality, 100% (piiiiip) tuning cars? No? Well, then watch the (piip) out:

Crhysler PT Cruiser
tuning-salon2003-12.jpg

Fiat Barchetta (digital tuning):
tuning7yo0.jpg

Hyundai Coupe (this is real):
3D52BFF808D54E56AC9B22FD4C4.jpg

And for the grand finale:
Honda S2000 convertible (with extra big chrome rims and BLUE front window, photoshopped)
s2000fake4mi.jpg

looks like some old-skool Low Rider got hold of a PT! that's exactly the kind of paint job you'd expect to see on a 59 Impala...bet there's a naked chick on the back hatch!

Now Brabus IMO, makes very nice cars usually, but I think THIS one is definately questionable... the only thing that pops into my head when I see it is.... WWWHHHHYYYY???????

Brabus_Ultimate_112_01.jpg

Brabus_Ultimate_112_03.jpg

Brabus_Ultimate_112_04.jpg

0-100 KPH in 9.5 sec.... 112 HP... :lol: This must be a joke from Brabus...

How do you know it's fake? All that's really broken are the cracks in the bumpers and the matte black paint being dirty.

1) The exhaust pipes. If you're going to put that kind of time/money into those stupid pipes, and leave the bodykit cracked, that means you want the bodykit to be cracked, which means it's fake.

2) The dirt. The wheels are perfectly clean, but the hood looks like it's been in a barn for 10 years. The car is obviously being parked somewhere to have its portrait taken. Which means the owners wants it to look dirty on purpose, which means it's fake.

3) The hood itself. Nobody would spend the time and custom fabrication on those stupid tailpipes and leave the hood looking like it's been jumped on, unless they wanted the hood to look like it had been jumped on... therefore, it's fake.

It's like people who splatter mud on their trucks and then purposely never wash it off, just so everybody KNOWS they got their truck muddy. Or people who are careful to leave the shoepolish dragstrip registration number on their car window for months after they actually went for a day of bracket racing, just because they think it makes them look cool.

It's all poseur stuff, and if there's one thing I despise, it's poseurs.

Brabus_Ultimate_112_03.jpg

0-100 KPH in 9.5 sec.... 112 HP... :lol: This must be a joke from Brabus...

That 0-100 seems really weak for a feather with 112hp.

Yeah, it's butt-ugly. But I really like the wheels, I'd rock those on my car any day (if they're 18" or 19"). :)

I'd rock that Smart. Maybe not in orange though. In black it'd look like Darth Vader's helmet.

Re: the 0-100kph time, bear in mind it loses half a second for every gearchange you make with the dodgy gearbox smart insist on fitting.

That 240sx was my desktop for a few months a little while back actually. I'd drive it all day long.

With the precious little bits of guyliner airbrushed around the rear wheel flares? The unclipped zipties? Come ON. The more I look at that thing, the more reasons I see that it is a complete poseurmobile.

With the precious little bits of guyliner airbrushed around the rear wheel flares? The unclipped zipties? Come ON. The more I look at that thing, the more reasons I see that it is a complete poseurmobile.

Atleast it looks like its been used... :lol: :lol:

It's like people who splatter mud on their trucks and then purposely never wash it off, just so everybody KNOWS they got their truck muddy.
What if you frequently get your truck muddy, so you just don't bother to clean it?

1) The exhaust pipes. If you're going to put that kind of time/money into those stupid pipes, and leave the bodykit cracked, that means you want the bodykit to be cracked, which means it's fake.

2) The dirt. The wheels are perfectly clean, but the hood looks like it's been in a barn for 10 years. The car is obviously being parked somewhere to have its portrait taken. Which means the owners wants it to look dirty on purpose, which means it's fake.

3) The hood itself. Nobody would spend the time and custom fabrication on those stupid tailpipes and leave the hood looking like it's been jumped on, unless they wanted the hood to look like it had been jumped on... therefore, it's fake.

It's like people who splatter mud on their trucks and then purposely never wash it off, just so everybody KNOWS they got their truck muddy. Or people who are careful to leave the shoepolish dragstrip registration number on their car window for months after they actually went for a day of bracket racing, just because they think it makes them look cool.

It's all poseur stuff, and if there's one thing I despise, it's poseurs.
There's one problem though. You say he's being a poseur, but what exactly of?

I can see a hardparker being called a poseur because they build track cars and then don't track them, but it's not like this guy went and bashed in his hood and bumper, he just purposely didn't bother fixing them after they got torn up from thrashing the car around.

The only way I really see him being a poseur is if his intention is to look poor while actually having money, and I really don't think that was the point he was trying to acheive.

I think he just wanted to look like someone that beats the hell out of his car, which I'm sure he does.

The only way I really see him being a poseur is if his intention is to look poor while actually having money, and I really don't think that was the point he was trying to acheive.

I think he just wanted to look like someone that beats the hell out of his car, which I'm sure he does.

No, I think you're more right than you know - he wants to look like someone who beats the hell out of his car. That thing has been crafted with exquisite care to look like a pile of crap. Nobody who really didn't care about the looks would take the time to airbrush a shadow line around where the rear arch flare is (purposely badly) bolted to the body, just to highlight how badly it's been bolted on.

It's the details that betray it - call it "rat parking" if you want; it didn't take long to become popular in the Rat Rod movement either. But it's posing.

The guy wanted to do something different with his car, if you don't like it then that's your choice, but honestly why do so many of you care about what others do with their vehicles?

The guy wanted to do something different with his car, if you don't like it then that's your choice, but honestly why do so many of you care about what others do with their vehicles?

I do somewhat agree with you, but it's kind of the point of this thread. There's a good chance we will never know for sure whether he actually beats the hell out of the car or not...

This thread is all about calling people out on their bad choices for their respective vehicles. Granted, most people are not going to agree about just about anything posted here. It's the nature of the beast, as it were. Duke posted his opinion of the vehicle posted (which I for one agree with), and others have posted their opinions. What's the problem?

;)

I do somewhat agree with you, but it's kind of the point of this thread. There's a good chance we will never know for sure whether he actually beats the hell out of the car or not...

This thread is all about calling people out on their bad choices for their respective vehicles. Granted, most people are not going to agree about just about anything posted here. It's the nature of the beast, as it were. Duke posted his opinion of the vehicle posted (which I for one agree with), and others have posted their opinions. What's the problem?

I agree it's the point of the thread but it seems like everytime I come in here someone is complaining about X car for whatever reason and taking the thing way to far. It also seems the person who built the car has their character questioned, they probably like the car they built so why call them a poseur for it? I don't know it, it doesn't make much sense to me. Have a laugh at the car and go on to the next thing and don't take everything so serious.

Many cars posted in this thread are posted because they are ugly, and some are posted because the poster is jealous, whether it be the money thrown at the car in question, or the creativity of the owner. Going on how the owner is when you don't know anything about him or her is really typical for the people posting in here, whether the car appears to be a serious attempt or not. My observations anyway..

I agree it's the point of the thread but it seems like everytime I come in here someone is complaining about X car for whatever reason and taking the thing way to far.

If I've learnt anything from political opposition parties, it's this: why do something original when you can just critisize someone else? I'll stop there before I start ranting about human nature and how much it sucks.

Going on how the owner is when you don't know anything about him or her is really typical for the people posting in here on the Internet

:)

Many cars posted in this thread are posted because they are ugly, and some are posted because the poster is jealous, whether it be the money thrown at the car in question, or the creativity of the owner. Going on how the owner is when you don't know anything about him or her is really typical for the people posting in here, whether the car appears to be a serious attempt or not. My observations anyway..

I'm just very allergic to spending huge amounts of time, money, and effort trying to look like you took no care or spent no money at all.

I question the taste of the over-customized show cars, but that's as deep as it can go. The owner thinks it's beautiful, I think it's hideous, end of story.

But when something gets into trying to be what it is not - that's when I lose all respect for the owner. He has spent a lot of effort 240SX making that faux-distressed piece of crap. It probably looked a lot better when he started with it. It's like buying a $300 pair of Luckys and then taking them home and putting a belt sander to them. You're trying to fake the patina and buy the credibility, and it just doesn't work.

I think I could fit your description.. I'm planning coilovers, wheels and the works. This winter the same car was used as a winter "drifter", and was slided into some snow banks.. I think stance is more important than a clean body (while prefering both together), so I'd throw stance at my car before doing something with rust and dents. My point is, there's more than often a story to a car, other than that the owner is trying to making it look as he or she don't care..
I agree if it's admittidly destroyed on purpose though :)

Anyway, no fingers pointed, Sir.. :)

Seriously though if you looking for questionable modification you don't need to go further than your TV screen. Everything from Pimp My Ride is questionable, if someone can show me one tasteful car to come from that show I'll.... erm... congratulate them.

Back