Questionable modifications: pictures inside!

• Thread starter -Fred-
  • 38,834 comments
Seriously though if you looking for questionable modification you don't need to go further than your TV screen. Everything from Pimp My Ride is questionable, if someone can show me one tasteful car to come from that show I'll.... erm... congratulate them.

504_kristoffer_sideshot-785064.jpg

Just watched the show, I thought the car was actually really nice considering who built it.

I think I could fit your description... I think stance is more important than a clean body (while prefering both together), so I'd throw stance at my car before doing something with rust and dents.

OK, your priority is stance, not straight bodywork. That's not a problem. You're ignoring something that is not as important to you, and I'm fine with that.

But you're NOT spending time and effort to make the car look WORSE. You're just working on a different area of the car. But you can tell from the details that the 240SX has had a lot of effort into making it look that bad.

There's a big difference. If you were out there hammering dents in your car and purposely painting it 3 different shades of flat black, I'd be making fun of you, too... but you're not.

Cheap tuning taken to the max. I present you with...

advanced_car_styling.jpg

Advanced car styling.... with a twist.

Seriously. That's what the picture is called.

I belive that would be a piss take ;), i.e it's a joke , plus that image has been posted god knows how many times before :P..

:sly: I'm not about to go combing this thread for the picture... I agree with Jim. Would be really funny to see all that stuff fly off. Did you see how he's labeled his "front bumper" HKS? :lol:

Everything from Pimp My Ride is questionable, if someone can show me one tasteful car to come from that show I'll.... erm... congratulate them.

Meh... they've done some nice ones before. Both the UK and US versions have done good work on VW camper vans. The UK one is here. There's an interesting couple of posts on a Toyota RAV4 owner's page about a RAV that was recently 'pimped' - about how MTV actually help destroy the car a little more so it looks good for TV...

Incidentally, the RAV4 they created is definitely worthy of presence in this thread...

l_a9293a9fa562b0588da9a0479c77ed5c.jpg

l_14d9b7ce3caf1f031a1f3c09503b90fd.jpg

l_732394a6b7b9dfdfe354f2868b4d241e.jpg

They were at least smart enough to be thorough. While still questionable, it is also far preferable to having 4 "pimped" tires and a stock one for the spare (which I've noticed you see on a lot of SUVs).

Why is there a wine bottle with a doll's head attached to it sitting in the center console?

STill, I would LOVE to see all that stuff fly off going down the road...

So long as you're not driving behind it!

Last edited:
Why is there a wine bottle with a doll's head attached to it sitting in the center console?

I think it might be a champagne bottle:

welcome.jpg

Well, or "fizzy wine", as I doubt the PMR lot are quite tasteful enough to use actual Champagne.

Oh, so the face is just something i'm imaginging in the foil wrapped around the top?

Well, that's even creepier.

I hate when cars like that RAV4 have sideskirts which dive well below the rest of the cars level. It just looks so stupid imo. I can understand steps and so on being there but why on why bring a sideskirt so far down.

As for the car itself, the outside is far, far worse then the inside I think. Thats saying something... :lol:

The stupid thing is, if they'd just painted it those colours and not bothered with the stupid wheels and bodykit, it would actually look quite nice.

The wheels alone are most likely worth more than the car itself...

Oh and... only in Japan.
16872108.jpg

Apart from the neon-glowing-disco-techno lights, I think that actually looks VERY VERY stylish, that colour looks very nice on that NSX. 👍 But is it me, or is that NSX riding on hydraulics, the right seems tilted up and the left tilted down. :confused:

It's a possibility.

EDIT:

Bertone_Mantide_Jalopnik-topshot.jpg

This should be a debatable one, but, personally...Yeah, they hacked up a ZR1 for this?!

Last edited:
As I said in the Project M Thread, it's got really good proportions, that I guess from my view of it, balance out it's rather odd design ques and lines. Definitely one of those cars that only looks good from certain perspectives.

75491987.jpg

Back