Questionable modifications: pictures inside!

• Thread starter -Fred-
  • 38,839 comments
Have you actually sat in yours? Did you genuinely think it was a nice place to be?

Not a particularly worse place to be than any other car in that class in 1995 short of, say, a Golf. It's not like the Neon was like the Cavalier inside.

I have always had a soft spot for K10 Blazer's as my Uncle had one that I loved riding in as a kid. Unfortunately most have been butchered, like this one.

d077ce0111ca4d929e1d0af.jpg

:yuck:

Granted it can still be saved(interior is rather nice) unlike all the mud truck converted ones but still.

Last edited:
Ya but that doesn't make it a flat out POS. They aren't spectacular cars considering they are 18 years old, but they make a pretty respectable race car. I'm sure you go to autox's.

Well they make a pretty CHEAP autocross car..But respectable RACE CAR, no not respectable..:sly:

Well they make a pretty CHEAP autocross car..But respectable RACE CAR, no not respectable..:sly:

They sure do seem to win quite a few events. Any car that is cheap, fast and simple to require has to be a fairly respectable race car.

Also, spec-Neon.

Where can I get one of these? Best modification to a 2CV I've ever seen. 👍

I think they're mostly selfmade custom jobs, source an old Benz grille and the rest of the bonnet made to fit (maybe even just an extension build on the original 2CV bonnet), don't think there are kits for it but I could be wrong.

I think it works on a 2CV because of the separate round headlights making it appear slightly (only slightly) like an old pre war Mercedes for a second.
What I like about this modification is that it's funny, actually suits the design (subjectively ofcourse) but also, if it indeed requires only a different bonnet, it doesn't ruin a classic forever when you can simply retro-fit the original bonnet.

I have always had a soft spot for K10 Blazer's as my Uncle had one that I loved riding in as a kid. Unfortunately most have been butchered, like this one.

d077ce0111ca4d929e1d0af.jpg

:yuck:

Granted it can still be saved(interior is rather nice) unlike all the mud truck converted ones but still.

Most of the ones in my area still look like this.

2euir9i.jpg

^^^^Well I've definitely seen my fair share of those as well but generally most are in decent shape save for a few rust spots or bubbles.

Most of the ones in my area still look like this.

2euir9i.jpg

Yea, like they should. :) Tons around here still.

That green one.. nothing really wrong with it except the rims, set of 4x4 Rally rims like the black one above would really help it.

Ya but that doesn't make it a flat out POS. They aren't spectacular cars considering they are 18 years old, but they make a pretty respectable race car. I'm sure you go to autox's.

Anything makes a respectable race car if you throw enough money at it.
4180983151_cc9ca34c68_z.jpg

Which is totally irrevelant here, because racecars.

dcf8640015_640.jpg

That steering wheel, that shiny plastic. That 3 speed automatic (in 1995!) the oil leaks through the head gasket, the poor rear visibility because the trunk is so high for no apparent reason, the crappy resale value they had because of all that...

The ACR might have had a killer suspension setup, the SRT might have had enough power to spin the wheels in 3rd, but the whole package in the end was still a Neon; like it's gassy doppelgänger, inert.

I agree, the 240Z looks good, despite the lack of the lights and the duckbill spoiler need to be adjusted. It not that bad. 👍

I like it.

And, the lights were removed to save weight, I'm guessing, right? As long as there's some purpose to removing the original lights, they're forgiven.

Latest Posts

Back