Questionable modifications: pictures inside!

• Thread starter -Fred-
  • 38,839 comments
I like it but it needs to drop the text on the side and make the rear slightly more agressive.

If K-Sport had a better looking logo, that car would look pretty good. The awful logo, that looks like it was made by Googling "free font" and typing it out in Word, sort of ruins the car.

What happens when rednecks acquire money:

0706st_11_z+lake_front_tour_2006+lifted_chevrolet_silverado.jpg

7267-lifted-air-bagged-chevrolet-silverado.jpg

0509st_14_z+showfest_2k5_custom_truck_show+lifted_ford_truck.jpg

12%2B150.jpg

585b659fb294a2b256bd09547b0fd862.jpg

0911trweb_104%2B2009_sema_show_dan_ward%2Blifted_dodge_ram_side.jpg

I don't get why people do that. Yes, there are people that use them and are functional, but it's mostly for getting through deep swamps and rivers. It just looks ridiculous if you ask me. And you don't even see many lifted trucks in the Kentucky-Tennessee area, mostly (from what I recall) Indiana, Florida, and a couple New England states are the ones with all the lifted trucks.

Edit: And I also seen a truck just like that second Silverado yesterday, all I could do was laugh!

I think they look awesome. Granted I'm not big on the ginormous lifts but I still like them. Nothing questionable about them.

Personally for me I wouldn't go much over a 4 inch lift and 36's but that's me. I also don't like they did it to newer styled turcks. I looks better IMO on old ones.

100_0940.JPG

This is about the limit for me though.

Last edited:
Personally for me I wouldn't go much over a 4 inch lift and 36's but that's me.

Which is why they are questionable. what is the necessity for a 20 inch lift?
I think anything more than ~6 inches is sort of useless unless you just want to crush cars.

Which is why they are questionable. what is the necessity for a 20 inch lift?
I think anything more than ~6 inches is sort of useless unless you just want to crush cars.

Becuase people like me and my friends like to go mudding and throw it around. Going through a 20 foot pit of mud is more fun than you think. Open all your windows, blast some music and whip it around. Try it sometime. Call me a redneck but I think it's a hell of a time. Partying, bonfires, beer, the whole 9. Especially loud ass trucks. Lots of them.

Eventually I'd like to put 44s on the truck we have. Not in the budget right now.

Becuase people like me and my friends like to go mudding and throw it around. Going through a 20 foot pit of mud is more fun than you think. Open all your windows, blast some music and whip it around. Try it sometime. Call me a redneck but I think it's a hell of a time. Partying, bonfires, beer, the whole 9. Especially loud ass trucks. Lots of them.

Eventually I'd like to put 44s on the truck we have. Not in the budget right now.

It really sounds fun and I'd love to do it but in reality you don't really need a lift like almost all those trucks posted (I find the first second F15O acceptable) plus most of the people that have those excessively lifted trucks don't even go mudding.

Also, why do you need this:
5062942929_74f7823df5.jpg

if this can do the job
131_1006_07+1999_dodge_durango_mudding+water_plunge.jpg

Some people just tend to like the looks. I do know several people with lifted trucks that don't mud and I tease them about it quite frequently. You have to remember though, a lot of those who do lift the truck do mud. As far as the pictures you posted, tire size, lift sizes and other things can play a huge factor in what you can, and can't go through. I'd say that Durango would easily get stuck faster than the S-10 in the same depth mud. Reason being is there is much more overall clearance in the S-10.

I comes down to want you want. I think trucks look much better lifted (within reason obviously). I do agree that you shouldn't lift it too high if you don't intended to mud but I have noticed that you have a better field of view up in the air and driving through snow storms with plow lights on can help you see.

Agreed, it's just like lowering cars really, there comes a point where it might be useful in certain circumstances but definitely not practical, and then there's the extremes of just being plain impractical and exaggerated for the sake of looking good or just because
like here
156626_212693865531344_1348056641_n.jpg

Agreed, it's just like lowering cars really, there comes a point where it might be useful in certain circumstances but definitely not practical, and then there's the extremes of just being plain inpractical and exxagerated for the sake of looking good or just because
like here
156626_212693865531344_1348056641_n.jpg

I agree with this also. It works both ways as you said.

Yeah, I've seen plenty of cars with eyelashes. The day I see a Dodge Viper with 'em is the day I facepalm so hard my hand goes through my face, through the wall and slaps Kim Jong-Un...

That jeep would like better if the fenders came down and around, were steal, the hole thing painted black, and lost the eye lashes.

This was a Chevy C-10.

523455_10151501113633930_674132869_n.jpg

Comp Cams actually found this.

Last edited:
Back