Questionable modifications: pictures inside!

• Thread starter -Fred-
  • 38,839 comments
Is that a pickup? :dopey:

Yes, a VW Rabbit pickup, not a Golf as was said above. They're a little rare these days, my grandpa owns one. :) It's been sitting in the barn covered in a tarp for a good while now, but last time we where at the farm it started up quite easily.

And i can not put my finger on what headlights these are from
AY0F9373.jpg

1024px-Fiat_Coup%C3%A9_front_20090604.jpg

Not a fan of golf but this is very popular for some reason?!?
Bilsport-Elmia-Show-2013-2790.jpg

Nothing questionable about a 1J powered Caddy to me. Especially when it can do this...

Driftbash-Caddy-Rod-Chong-9659.jpg

Read up on the feature that SpeedHunters did, the engineering and work that went into it is amazing.

One-off Rolls-Royce Phantom Drophead coupe supposedly designed by Pininfarina and costs $2.3MUSD.
WorldCarFans

Hopefully not work by pininfarina because those head/taillights are nasty, and that's the least of its problems
It looks especially bad compared to another Rolls/pininfarina car:
2008_RollsRoyce_PininfarinaHyperion3.jpg

Last edited:
RE-Amemiya-Europa-21.jpg

RE-Amemiya-Europa-26.jpg

RE-Amemiya-Europa-24.jpg

Found while looking for the Re Am RX7 mentioned on the previous page.. Uhg..

It's well executed for sure, as to be expected of Re Am.. I just think it's a monstrosity.

It's not overly offensive but it's not pretty either.

It's a Diablo.

Leave it to the Japanese to drive racecars on the street.
Edit* Appears it is a legitimate SVR. And with an owner not all that familiar with it.

As for racecars on the street, we had one of our own a couple years back. Don't know where it is now.
4brnltl.jpg

Last edited:
Hei
I posted a vid of the kit they sell with it.

Yeh and looks like they re-used the lotus lights for this
re-amemiya-genki-7-3w.jpg

But i was thinking more this
Image1.jpg

Sticking with super 7s, not sure if this was posted, only got through 50 pages
amemiya-na-super-7.jpg

Last edited:
That's old, but it isn't from the Lotus. They ruin too many FD's imo. They do make some great ones, but that doesn't outweigh their horrors.

Hei
That's old, but it isn't from the Lotus. They ruin too many FD's imo. They do make some great ones, but that doesn't outweigh their horrors.

I concur. Also lol, Pininfarina. Continuing their now 15-year-old tradition of designing horrible automobiles.

I concur. Also lol, Pininfarina. Continuing their now 15-year-old tradition of designing horrible automobiles.

And what's wrong exactly with a Phantom Drophead having a Skoda Yeti nose, a 1st-gen Merc CLS back and some stick-on vinyl Morgan wings? ;)

when you put it like that it sounds a lot like the product of a tequila and Oreo binge. Which it could be.

That rotary powered Europa is awesome... 700kg, 300bhp, trick suspension. OK, some of the bodywork is on the edge of good taste and I'd probably ditch the gold wheels, but it must be fabulous to drive.

That rotary powered Europa is awesome... 700kg, 300bhp, trick suspension. OK, some of the bodywork is on the edge of good taste and I'd probably ditch the gold wheels, but it must be fabulous to drive.

I usually hate that kind of stuff, but i quite like this (choice of wheels aside) It reminds me of the Lotus Type 47, the racing version of the Europa.

RE-Amemiya-Europa-21.jpg

Also very nice 👍

A good friend of mine and his wife just sold a Lotus Elite she inherrited from her father - the car had raced at Le Mans a few times. It was a lovely little thing :)

It's all about the Grp. 5 Europa Turbo :P. (Although the one in gold lead colours is a much nicer shape and livery)

Lotus-Europa-Gp-5.jpg

Back