Quick question.F1 2010-2016 

• Thread starter Spagetti69
  • 22 comments

Spagetti69

Is not my real name.
Premium
GTP_Spag69
spagetti69
Whilst lapping in the race we get updates about race pace +1.234 in a sector, maybe +28.567 in a lap. For example.

Is this against the next car in the field or against the race leader.

I'm not sure. Thanks.

I think Pace +20 (right top of the screen) means you´re 20 seconds behind the leader. There´s also a message in the ranking with GAP +10, which means you´re 10 seconds behind the person in front of you.

I´m not sure about this, though.

Don't think it's against the race leader.

Towards the end of my last race 100% distance I had been lapped.

It would say +1 or +2 laps.

Damn instruction booklet only says lap time information.

It's in the top right not top left.

Quick question, the car setup save slots, is that an allocation of 5 saves per track? Or just 5 for the whole game?

Whilst lapping in the race we get updates about race pace +1.234 in a sector, maybe +28.567 in a lap. For example.

Is this against the next car in the field or against the race leader.

I'm not sure. Thanks.

Top right, I'm pretty sure that is a comparison to your own fastest lap in the race. So +0.500 would mean you have been through that sector half a second quicker on your fastest lap.

Quick question, the car setup save slots, is that an allocation of 5 saves per track? Or just 5 for the whole game?

5 per circuit.

Its about the time required at Singapore, and probably a few other circuits so would make sense. I've noticed the box and map turns different colours for a few seconds too which is easier to see in periphery. If red, lost time in that sector. Green is a personal best, purple is the session best.

I think Pace +20 (right top of the screen) means you´re 20 seconds behind the leader. There´s also a message in the ranking with GAP +10, which means you´re 10 seconds behind the person in front of you.

I´m not sure about this, though.

the pace time refers to your own race pace. +20.000 means how much time you are down on your last lap, so 20 seconds slower.I assume this was after a pit stop or spin out:ouch: When you are faster than the last lap,. time turns green, when slower it turns red and when u match your pace it stays the same i.e no colour. This time i refer to is displayed on the top right hand corner of your screen.

Last edited:
Would be nice to get an accurate time to the next person in the field.

Would help you to decide wether to push or not and save your engine.

That is over to the left. If I remember, there are 3 names up there:

1. Driver ahead of you
  2. You
  3. Driver behind you

When you pass a sector line, you will get a message to the right of the names in a new column:

1. GAP
  2. +13.764
  3. +0.876

So in this example, I am 13.764 seconds behind the next person, and being followed by 0.876 seconds (basically, I'm under pressure and about to be passed in the next DRS zone...).

You got it for the PS3 or XBox???? do you like it (mainly the physics/handling and FFB... dont care much for the graphics discution)

sorry for the offtopic question :)

Top right, I'm pretty sure that is a comparison to your own fastest lap in the race. So +0.500 would mean you have been through that sector half a second quicker on your fastest lap.

Realised last night that this isn't correct. I was 9 tenths slower than my fastest lap, yet time went purple and displayed:

PACE -5.xxx

I was dominating the race so I can only presume that the team set a benchmark lap time for you to match if you are to achieve the race objective. As I say, I was dominating the race with the objective of 8th, and since I won by over 30 seconds, I think its save to say that if I'd been 5 seconds slower a lap (as in matching the pace time) I would have been about 8th position. Hope that clears it up...

The fact is though that it shouldn't be up to our best judgements and a bit of explanation in the manual would be nice!

I think it's actually your last lap, isn't it? I took a look at the times and it seemed like that.

guys, PACE is about your race consistency,
it shows how you keep your speed up.

f.e.
one lap i did 1:23:505
second 1:22.505 PACE -1sec
third 1:23:505 PACE +1sec
fourth 1:23:000 PACE -0.505sec

its not comparing times to your best lap, it shows how good youre doing through the whole race.

In real life F1 GP's it is also shown, as comparision of last lap times of drivers.

in other news : Kubica got WEEEELL BETTER !
6889_1.jpg

guys, PACE is about your race consistency,
it shows how you keep your speed up.

f.e.
one lap i did 1:23:505
second 1:22.505 PACE -1sec
third 1:23:505 PACE +1sec
fourth 1:23:000 PACE -0.505sec

its not comparing times to your best lap, it shows how good youre doing through the whole race.

In real life F1 GP's it is also shown, as comparision of last lap times of drivers.

It would make sense as well, only I wasn't 5 seconds a lap slower on any of my laps? My -5.xxx seconds happened before the pitstop at around lap 5 with my fasest lap of the race occurring before that as well. You would know about it if you suddenly found somewhere you could be 5 seconds a lap faster than previous in the race!

I've noticed this as well.
I felt like doing quite good but my pace was lame (2 seconds slower)

I think that this might be caused by tyres worn out (after 4-5 laps on softs)?

That's my guess, but i'm pretty confident that this is what PACE means.

Just remembered when my engineer told me once "pick up your pace, cars behind us are catching up"

so...

I had another theory when racing yesterday that maybe it alternates each lap. So lap 1 its PACE to predetermined laptime (to meet objective), lap 2 its against lap 1 (your fastest lap so far). Lap 3 back to pace, and then lap 4 will be compared once again to whichever is now your fastest lap.

And the engineers comments is more likely to be based on the gap at the top left instead. If the gap is getting smaller then you are being caught = hurry up. On that note, "You have a 30 second lead over Webber. Keep pushing.".... Nice encouragement, however I feel in real life I'd be told off for not saving the engine, tyres, brakes etc and just finishing the last 2 laps!

You might be right about this

Thats the problem though - its not clear what is being stated, so its pointless information technically! Can only have best guess, though I'm enjoying the game enough for it not to put me off everything else going on.

Back