R.I.P Carroll Shelby.

• Thread starter gtuned
  • 116 comments
It is truly a sad day in the automotive world. R.I.P Carroll Shelby, your work for the industry and you as a person will never be forgotten.

I don't think anyone is actually surprised by this, the guy was 89. But as HfS said, the shock is enormous. And the loss.

He was truly irreplaceable, one of those rare guys who turn into a legend early on and live up to that status until the end of their lives. The automotive world has truly become smaller today.

He will indeed never be forgotten, because he achieved and made so much, it's just impossible.

EDIT:

Last edited:
Wonder if we'll see some sort of tribute at any up coming racing events? Like the 6 Hour ALMS at Laguna tomorrow or Le Mans in May? RIP again Shelby.

Wonder if we'll see some sort of tribute at any up coming racing events? Like the 6 Hour ALMS at Laguna tomorrow or Le Mans in May? RIP again Shelby.

If anything I hope that Ford will start designing some kind of rememberance vehicle or something so when his year anniversary of his passing rolls around, something to commemorate his legacy will roll off the showroom floor in his honor.

This is crazy. I can't believe he's gone......Rest In Piece. This sucks. He had a great life. Won Le Mans, raced all over.....I still can't believe.

While I can't say I respect his late-life money grubbing, I do realize that there is absolutely reason for his legend. He was one of the best. RIP Mr. Shelby.

Mac K

This years Monterey Historic Races is dedicated to Shelby this year. We'll definitely see one there.

Whenever I go to the Shelby delearship, I think: "Damn, this is so empty."

Shelby deserves some DLC. A man and a company this legendary should not go quietly into the night. Not tonight!

th2_sc16.jpg

You have been a great man of many words and will be remembered in muscle car history. Wish I could have met you. R.I.P.

Heard about this earlier, pretty sad news as I have really been a big fan of everything he's done. I made this Tribute lap in honor of him. Truly one of a kind.

Wow if only he could see how much he has caused a stir

He did, in the 60's, when he had Ferrari scratching their heads.:lol:

Edit:

1965_Shelby_Cobra_Daytona_coup%C3%A9_004_1667.jpg

Edit 2:

There was a bit of a creepy coincidence as when I went into work today there was a display of Carroll Shelby's Chili Seasoning.:nervous:

Last edited:
The one who shocked the automotive world with the AC Cobra.
The one who, before motorsports, tested fighter jets and taught young lads how to fly them.
The one who raced in the 1959 24 Hours of Le Mans and in Formula 1 in a Maserati 250F.
The one who we loved.
R.I.P.
Carroll Shelby
Racer, Developer, Founder

R.I.P Mr. Shelby. You'll always be remembered:(.

Now everytime I get into a 427S/C, Series 1 or a GT500. I'll feel your vision for performance and a thrill rush everytime I'm driving a Shelby.

Thanks for making legendary machines that will give many cars a run for their money. Thanks for everything you built, designed and raced.

The world has lost a legend. He will be missed dearly, but may his legend live for ever. Goodbye, Carroll Shelby, and thank you for all you have done for the world.

Back