Race of Champions - Champion of Champions

• Thread starter GT5_X2010
  • 250 comments
OK people. I will host some ROC testing now. Feel free to join my lounge. Send me a friend request if you haven't already.

amf7
Look at you on your high horse 👍

Just because I haven't won in that car dosen't mean I cannot take the champs on in different cars.

I have joined in S4 and have done 2 seasons. I am moving up the field and I am in the top 4/6 if i finish..

So please don't judge on stats. MSC isn't the best F1 driver ever but he has the most champs.

Not recomended.. cool car though bit easy to control. and its in real roc

I have a bunch. Wonder how many have them. Prize for Nurb 4H.

EDIT:
Wait, so there is more than 1 type of car at once? Multi-Classes? :odd:

Last edited by a moderator:
No. One car class at once. And I have adjusted rules based on todays testing:

CLARIFICATION
  • The Nissan GT-R GT500 can only be used from the recommended garage since the stock dealership version has less power and needs a major engine break in. Plus engine limiter benefits the dealership version when broken in.
  • The NASCARs will only be the recommended garage for the same reasons.

Tonight was fun....

I think racing in some of the cars isn't ideal but I don't see a problem in terms of doing the 2 fast laps.

If I spun and hit anyone I appologise!

I'm not so sure of the track after today would something like tsukuba or tokyo not be better for this. Yes they are a bit longer but they are more technical and I think would be better test.

Also could you not just have one race for each group of 4 drivers then just have knockout races for the rest. I'm just abit worried I'm going to be sat in a lobby watching time trials for hours... :yuck:

Thats a fair point... maybe we could do it over a week?? 1 group per night and others are free to join+spectate?

I have a few ideas for reformatting the event slightly. I will be adapting everything said here to get the best possible format but right now I am tired and its my 17th birthday and I don't want to waste it getting up at 2pm so I'm going to bed. Night all.

Golfer- Happy birthday 👍

Greennarcotics- I just read you won the touring cars, good job man I knew you were quick :D

Thanks m8 to be fair I was pretty lucky both times I won it :D, but I suppose thats racing for you lol.

7 races, don't get my wrong I always done well in the races just the two times I won everything just seem to go my way on the last day on the season. The 1st time some people couldn't make the last race which could of made a difference and the 2nd time the leaderboad got messed up during the race and the race leader thought I was unlapping myself so he let me by when actually I was taking the lead Lol pretty funny for me not for him but lol.

Wish that would happen to me somethime :D
The boss is watching so ill let you guys get back on topic, congrats though.

As stated yesterday, I have some potential ideas:

POTENTIAL IDEAS
  • We keep everything exactly as it is at the moment.
  • We host 4 races for the group stages. Qualifying would be decided by a 3 minute quali session. The race would be X laps long and the top two drivers would progress to the next stage. The cars chosen would be either the random generator or cars that nobody in the group races normally. The next stages all consist of three heats for each face-off and progess normally.
  • As above but the following stages are 1v1 races over a set amount of laps.
  • The whole event format is kept the same but we revert back to the old way for hosting the heats of having a 1v1 race over a set amount of laps.
  • We keep the time trial format but for the time trials, we start a four lap race. No quali. One driver starts and the other shortly after. The two drivers complete lap one and two and then stop on lap four. The lap times will be added up for each driver as before. The advantage to this is we can save the replay of any exciting heats.
  • If enough people sign up (looks unlikely for this) then we hold multiple group stages during the week prior to narrow it down to the final 16.
  • We hold the group stage on the friday the day before the race or if the race is sunday, on saturday.

Feel free to suggest any ideas.

On a side note, we need to bear in mind time. Some of the above suggestions take longer and others save time. People won't want to be waiting around for ages and others have places to get too. We also want the whole event to be very dramatic and we want alot of tension. If we do go for reformatting the groups to save time and have 1v1 races then a circuit where it is everything to play for out of the last corner would be very good as it would be tense right until the line.

Post below with feedback and suitable tracks that offer tension until the end. If we take the first two options together then the track length does not matter.

My Mom and Dad dragged me to mass for Christmas, against me atheist religious beliefs and while there, I had a lot of time to think.

CLARIFICATION + UPDATES
  • The event will take place at SPECIAL STAGE ROUTE 5.
  • The ROC buggies will be Suzuki GSXR/4s. I will set up a thread in the marketplace to acquire a few of these for those that don't have completely stock version (myself included).
  • The Rally Cars will be the Citroen C4 WRC '08 because I really like the color.
  • The group stages will be a 7 lap race for the four members of that group with a 5 minute qualifying session prior. The car class will be decided by me entering the car categories into the :bowdown: random generator :bowdown: and then to decide which number will be chosen, each group member will say a number. An average will be found and this will determine the car category, thus making it as fair as is openly possible. The top two drivers of each group race will progress to the semi-finals. If a driver forcefully gains position in the race and does not let the overtaken driver past again, they will be disqualified from the race and thus will not progress to the semi-finals by default.
  • The quarter and semi finals will be a run of one heat. Each car category will be decided the same way as the group stages except with an average of two numbers (of course). There will then be a 3 minute quali session before the heat. The heat will be just two laps. Winner is the guy that comes first (of course). Same rule applies about forcefully overtaking as before.
  • The grand finals for 1st/2nd and 3rd/4th will be the same as the quarter and semi finals but will be 3 heats of 3 laps.

Post any feedback today. Activity has been surprisingly low today.

Back