Race of Champions - Champion of Champions

• Thread starter GT5_X2010
  • 250 comments
You're a second string choice for this ROC as you haven't won a series and now you're ripping up the rulebook to what suits you.

Leave it as it is. A mix of rec' and supplied.

Look at you on your high horse đź‘Ť

Just because I haven't won in that car dosen't mean I cannot take the champs on in different cars.

I have joined in S4 and have done 2 seasons. I am moving up the field and I am in the top 4/6 if i finish..

So please don't judge on stats. MSC isn't the best F1 driver ever but he has the most champs.

How about R8 LMS's?

Not recomended.. cool car though bit easy to control. and its in real roc

amf7
Look at you on your high horse đź‘Ť

Just because I haven't won in that car dosen't mean I cannot take the champs on in different cars.

I have joined in S4 and have done 2 seasons. I am moving up the field and I am in the top 4/6 if i finish..

So please don't judge on stats. MSC isn't the best F1 driver ever but he has the most champs.

Not recomended.. cool car though bit easy to control. and its in real roc

I'm not on my 'high horse', just saying that it's fine the way it is and stop rocking the boat. True about MSC, but he also doesn't go to the FIA and tell them how to run Formula One.

You kidding right? You've finished 3rd once and except for that either always come last or retired mid race ;)

According to you, but let's not get in to that ;)

TomMcD
Apparently not mate, champions have priority but non-champions are allowed according to the OP.

My bad, I meant no offence to anyone.

Oh and MSC was the best driver of his time....(ie not now) ...probably :)

The real life ROC doesn't use cars from every race discipline in the world , a lot of really high end sports cars but not every type of race car.

When you restrict tuning you can still adjust the brake bias / your HP is still variable depending on break in / and chassis reinforcement can still give you an advantage.

Slower cars from recommended garage will probably provide better racing between drivers because the better driver will stand out. The gap between times will be very small in the fastest cars, and overtaking will be very difficult to pull off in such a small amount of laps.

Not to mention if u use restricted some of the default setups on the race cars are Rubbish and not enjoyable to drive.
Maybe save the own supplied cars for the final rounds .....

The real life ROC doesn't use cars from every race discipline in the world , a lot of really high end sports cars but not every type of race car.

When you restrict tuning you can still adjust the brake bias / your HP is still variable depending on break in / and chassis reinforcement can still give you an advantage.

Slower cars from recommended garage will probably provide better racing between drivers because the better driver will stand out. The gap between times will be very small in the fastest cars, and overtaking will be very difficult to pull off in such a small amount of laps.

Not to mention if u use restricted some of the default setups on the race cars are Rubbish and not enjoyable to drive.

Its based on time.

Seb usually I'm midfield at worst when I get dsc.. Laguna I was 4th I think if.you take into account stops.. I was 5th in track for real Fuji I was ok until I ran out if fuel most of the others I can't remember..

But bk is right

Cape ring inside is a fantastic track!

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been watching this thread since I signed up, and I haven't got a clue what's going on anymore. :dunce:

Sumo098
I've been watching this thread since I signed up, and I haven't got a clue what's going on anymore. :dunce:

Same here, it's just people suggesting changes. Probably won't be able to make it after all and it's confusing me no end anyway. You can take me off the sign-up list X2010 đź‘Ť

But to easy in an FGT.

Its literally got 3 or 4 braking zones in an FGT

The cars are likely to change... I think we could do a serious testing session tonight in golfers lounge or someone else could host?

I think golfer should take control immediatley. Set out exactly whats happening and keep it at that before people become annoyed and leave. I told golfer I was too busy so I dont know why I care, maybe its because this could be really good.

@amf7- If I was the 'non champion' in this I would be a little less vocal, no offense but I am not even competing and your comments really annoy me!

AMS- Nothing is easy in the FGT when you are flat out in traffic :D

The cars are likely to change... I think we could do a serious testing session tonight in golfers lounge or someone else could host?

Yeah, good idea. Ill be ready for this at about 7.

This thread is incomprehensible and golfer better stop hemming and hawing and make a decision or I guarantee this never happens.

I

@amf7- If I was the 'non champion' in this I would be a little less vocal, no offense but I am not even competing and your comments really annoy me!

Trouble is you don't seem to know what the rules are!

However I do believe golfer needs to say what's happening to.stop speculation

If we werent doing a lap time thing in that car it would be crazy. But i suppose if we use those cars, it will suit me because i like how those cars handle. The one i dread is NASCAR.

Trouble is you don't seem to know what the rules are!

However I do believe golfer needs to say what's happening to.stop speculation

He already has. It's called the OP.

For about the fifth time in this thread I recommend you read it. All your doing is questioning things already confirmed.

Yeah but they do try to test the drivers at each driving discipline, It's just not very practical having an F1 car going round a track that small.

Brake bias is adjustable in any car including recommened, it's not hard to brake in a car ( b-spec )

I agree slower cars normally means closer racing, but their need to be variety in the cars to test the drivers in different disiplines

Yeah agree some of the default setups aren't great but we'll all be in the same boat.
Would be cool if you could setup your own cars and put them in your recommened Lobby so everyone in the room has to use your car with your setup. :D

However he base left a lot to be decided.. maybe not cars so much but tyres and tracks.

I am just saying I believe the recommended garage is best

AMS97F1
If we werent doing a lap time thing in that car it would be crazy. But i suppose if we use those cars, it will suit me because i like how those cars handle. The one i dread is NASCAR.

I can do NASCAR/FGT/Ferrari F1
anything else and I am last :(

NASCAR is so fun... The rest I think need hards from my.testing so far..

EDIT:
Hards on NASCAR are fun too

Should use Racing Soft. It is a race of Champions which should mean no one has anything to prove

I am now stepping in to end speculation over, well, I'm not really sure because like Sumo, this is getting confusing. On one hand we have the people who don't mind have some cars self-supplied. Then we have those who only want recommended garage. Usually the ones changing the rules are the non-champions which is interesting but any way...

CLARIFICATION
  • As stated in the OP, cars will be self-supplied or from the recommended garage if you don't want to buy them which is fine.
  • The Stealth edition of the GT-R GT500 is not allowed because the stock version of this car is faster than the normal version when not stock. You are allowed the Autech, Mutel, Woodone, Calsonic (recommended garage) or the Yellowhat
  • Tyres will be Racing Hards
  • Track will be Cape Ring Inside (Finalised)
  • Each class will have a power limit. This will keep the cars from gaining an advantage from breaking the engine in and so will be very heavy on all cars.
  • The 3rd/4th place and 1st/2nd place finals will be 3 lap heats
  • The Lexus IS-F Racing Concept is quite similar to the GT500 GT-R and thusmay be changed to another touring car that more reflects the major GTP Touring car series such as TOCA and DTM

Gt 500 is in recommended

I may be a little late

I am now stepping in to end speculation over, well, I'm not really sure because like Sumo, this is getting confusing. On one hand we have the people who don't mind have some cars self-supplied. Then we have those who only want recommended garage. Usually the ones changing the rules are the non-champions which is interesting but any way...

CLARIFICATION
  • As stated in the OP, cars will be self-supplied or from the recommended garage if you don't want to buy them which is fine.
  • The Stealth edition of the GT-R GT500 is not allowed because the stock version of this car is faster than the normal version when not stock. You are allowed the Autech, Mutel, Woodone, Calsonic (recommended garage) or the Yellowhat
  • Tyres will be Racing Hards
  • Track will be Cape Ring Inside (Finalised)
  • Each class will have a power limit. This will keep the cars from gaining an advantage from breaking the engine in and so will be very heavy on all cars.
  • The 3rd/4th place and 1st/2nd place finals will be 3 lap heats
  • The Lexus IS-F Racing Concept is quite similar to the GT500 GT-R and thusmay be changed to another touring car that more reflects the major GTP Touring car series such as TOCA and DTM

Thanks for clearing it up. :)

Back