Race of Champions - Champion of Champions

• Thread starter GT5_X2010
  • 250 comments
Reccomended cars should be used and quite a few agree.. upto golfer now..

At least the threads are getting a lot of traffic

If we use the Audi R8, then we should go with racing hard tyres, it's slightly oversteery but not by much. Though don't remember which model is the recommended one, but I have the 4.2 premium :dopey:

There's only like 3 or 4 cars not in recommended so rebuilding and braking them in shouldn't cost that much really like maybe 1million MAX which could be easily earned in a few seasonal events.

With tuning prohibited on all cars will be the same provided you brake them in or rebuild ( for standard cars with loads of miles on the clock) then do the 200miles after rebuild.

I don't really see how using recommend only cars is fairer it's just the same as having tuning prohibited on.

Then there's no F1,LMP or Touring car, So is that really fairer towards people who race these cars every week in series.

TBH It's pretty much a show event so I would rather see all the different series cars take part.

This is what makes a champions' series so confusing... a way to somehow manage things would be making different categories, but that could only over-complicate it...

We just need a vehicle right now which fits for everyone. I'll keep supporting the Audi R8 for that matter.

Recommended garage is the best and fairest way...

I don't drive any of the cars in the recommended garage so I'm not gaining anthing

I don't drive any of the cars in the recommended garage so I'm not gaining anthing

Same, i only use Karts. And maybe a Sirocco R if enough people sign up.

Same, i only use Karts. And maybe a Sirocco R if enough people sign up.

Nobody is worried about that. We just want F1, LMP and other cars that are not included in the rec. garage. Got it?

@SuperSic, IF we dont use rec. cars then people can break their cars in and gain an advantage.

why do we want f1 lmp etc?

There more boring to do a hot lap with

+1

That track is to easy to drive in these cars

Last edited by a moderator:
You guys should use cars that cover all the competitors disciplines. Use the recommended when possible and add the others with their usual championship specs.
Definatley have to have F1, FGT and LMP. Touring cars are a must (Japan and DTM) and also a kart race. GSX to represent the KTM thing they use IRL and a few road cars from the recommended. All cars should be on a signiture track for that type of machine e.g Spa for F1/LMP on Sarth.
That would be a race of champions!

You guys should use cars that cover all the competitors disciplines. Use the recommended when possible and add the others with their usual championship specs.
Definatley have to have F1, FGT and LMP. Touring cars are a must (Japan and DTM) and also a kart race. GSX to represent the KTM thing they use IRL and a few road cars from the recommended. All cars should be on a signiture track for that type of machine e.g Spa for F1/LMP on Sarth.

I'm relieved to see that some people have common sense.👍

berty1979

👍 👍

amf7
Common sense in your opinion...

Imo and clearly many others you are incorrect

You're a second string choice for this ROC as you haven't won a series and now you're ripping up the rulebook to what suits you.

Leave it as it is. A mix of rec' and supplied.

berty1979
I thought you had to have won something to be in this?

Apparently not mate, champions have priority but non-champions are allowed according to the OP.

Back