Race of Champions - Champion of Champions

• Thread starter GT5_X2010
  • 250 comments
This is cool,

you should probably just choose all cars from the recommended garage to make it a true ROC. Then it would be perfect.

I am the season 6 gtp le mans champion :D

yea.... dont count on that.

This is cool,

you should probably just choose all cars from the recommended garage to make it a true ROC. Then it would be perfect.

yea.... dont count on that.

I agree with half of this message LOL

What Tyres?

Also, be a bit more specific on what Super GT we need to buy

Golfer, I think the cape ring inside is a great choice. It is fast, it only has 1 1st gear corner.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tyres will be stock..

I still think all cars should be in the recommended garage golfer

Recommended cars! 👍👍

Tuning only increases gaps between drivers and the highest skilled guy might not get distinguished, so that's great :)

The only thing I don't like about this idea of a race is the penalties however. I feel that we should leave the judgements to be done by whoever are the stewards and not the game.

Last edited:
Also if you insist on using the cars you are using now then atleast change the Minolta to a 908. Otherwise some people wont have it. I have it, but some may not.

Tyres will be stock..

I still think all cars should be in the recommended garage golfer

You do understand that there is an option to prohibit tuning right? So why should he limit the car choice to the ones that are in the recommended garage?

change the Minolta to a 908

I chose the Minolta as it is free from Like The Wind and thus much easier to get than the 908 although I will change it is must.

Recommended cars! 👍👍

Tuning only increases gaps between drivers and the highest skilled guy might not get distinguished, so that's great :)

The only thing I don't like about this idea of a race is the penalties however. I feel that we should leave the judgements to be done by whoever are the stewards and not the game.

I am prohibiting tuning which means nobody can apply a setup to their cars, even if they are race cars. This means that nobody gains an advantage through using setup. Also means that we get a more colorful field.

As for penalties, they don't kick in at Cape Ring Inside unless you deliberately cut a corner liek the chicane at the end. At Kart Space however, they kick in as soon as you run one wheel over the kerb onto the grey because speed is sooo low that it is counted as corner cutting so Kart Space + penalties is really really hard. However, penalties may still be removed.

Tyres will be stock..

Tyres will be a racing compound. At the moment I have been testing with softs but hards are not out of question.

Also, be a bit more specific on what Super GT we need to buy

Go to Nissan in the dealership. Any of the five Nissan GT-R Super GT cars can be brought and used. Calsonic, Mutel, Autech, Woodone, Yellowhat.

I agree with half of this message LOL

Clearly the bottom half.

Roc cars are provided..

I think the cars should be

Golf
Some gt500
NASCAR
A rally car
Gt300
Audi r8

I think all can be found in the recommended garage

Roc cars are provided..

Golf
Some gt500
NASCAR
A rally car
Gt300
Audi r8

:gtpflag::gtpflag::gtpflag:

I wonder if the V8 guys come here often...

Recommended cars are the same?

I think all cars should be from recommended that is all. I have all the cars on the list so far I believe I would just prefer recommended

Can i use my Stealth Nissan GT-R GT500. Same car, but its got a Stealth livery. If you prohibit tuning, will it remove the tuning and let me use it or not let me use it?

I do have to agree with Adam though, makes it fairer.

I think all cars should be from recommended that is all. I have all the cars on the list so far I believe I would just prefer recommended

Is there a real reason for that besides your previous claim, "In the ROC cars are provided." ?

Agreed, cars from the recommended list would be best imo 👍

Roc cars are provided..

Golf
Some gt500
NASCAR
A rally car
Gt300
Audi r8

Is there a real reason for that besides your previous claim, "In the ROC cars are provided." ?

Fairness things like engine cleaning and chassis stiffening

Just use recommended.

For once i agree with Adam. You dont see Vettel buying himself a ROC buggy to take part in the ROC.

We should also use a Muscle car. Like in the real ROC. They had that huge racecar.

Yeh a muscle car to...

To add the time together at the end you could use.two cars per group so everyone does the same amount of laps in the same cars if that makes sense

We also all need to practice in the chosen cars.

Dont want a repeat of the real ROC where 1 person has never driven 1 of the cars before

I am lucky i have tickets then.

@AMS:I wouldn't do that as the performance gains are minimal and i don't need them.

Back