Racesimcentral.com to make an "E3 Special Report" on GT5. IT'S OUT, watch @ 1st post

• Thread starter Coxis
  • 254 comments
Mexico
GTP_Coxis
Coxis
EDIT: It's out, I've embedded the video below.

From racesimcentral.com:

After a small break due to our week at E3, we’re back with episode 69 of Inside Sim Racing. This is our first of four E3 special reports and this one is exclusively about F1 2010 by Codemasters. They invited us to a private demo and while we were there, I interviewed Paul Jeal and Stephen Hood and asked all the questions you’ve hopefully wanted answered. You can call this Dev Diary # 3.5 ..

Besides the interview, we got a ton of footage from the E3 demo. We actually got to try a full build, but they wouldn’t let us show it yet. Maybe soon though and before they launch in September !

Our E3 Special report #2 is on GT5 and should be done within a few days. Hope you enjoy this one as much as I did meeting the guys at Codemasters and doing this interview.

Source: http://www.racesimcentral.com/news/2010/06/f1-2010-e3-special-on-inside-sim-racing-episode-69/

So, judging by this we can expect episode 70 to be exclusively about GT5, just like this episode is exclusively about F1 2010. These guys also had access to the private showing of GT5 at E3, so something good could come out of this. :)

I also happen to like their reviews overall.

Last edited:
There is no date, only "Our E3 Special report #2 is on GT5 and should be done within a few days."

To be honest, these are episodes from info and footage they gathered from E3, I don't think it'll be more than 10 days.

I'm sure they will find a way to reference Forza/Turn 10 and/or Microsoft.

Their reviews are usually full of hot air and of course a girl with her you know whats almost hanging out, desperate or what? (even if they are rather nice "you know whats")

I'm sure they will find a way to reference Forza/Turn 10 and/or Microsoft.

Of course they will, it is after all GT5's most direct competitor. It's the flagship racing simulator game of the PS3's direct hardware competitor, the XBox 360. Regarding the you know whats... No complaints there.

Will watch only for Jessica's boobs as usual.

:D

Sad :guilty:, but true :sly:

Lets just hope they lay off the:

haterade-2363.gif

Will watch only for Jessica's boobs as usual.

:D

It's kinda sad. Cuz witout her they probably might not be on the air anymore, cuz 2 middle aged dudes talkin about sim racing...yahhh... but at the same time shes not like super knowledgeable, so shes clearly eye candy.

It would really kick ass if Jess was like the equivalent of Kari Byron from Mythbusters, cuz shes hot and adventurous but she knows wtf shes talking about and is as much into what theyre doing as anyone else.

Has anyone seen Jess try to race, its like watching a baby squirrell learning to climb trees.

Insidesimracing is something everyone got to see in the past I guess, but they are not the ones I would trust as far as physics and stuff like that goes. They are judging games based on the physics sound and visuals, which is fine, but the way they talk about the physics is awkeward. I bet none of those guys has ever driven a race car, let alone a roadcar on a real race track, but they think they know which game is more realistic (by 0.1 points or something).

They didn't even notive the steering aid in Forza 3. The Porsche from Forza 3 ranks among the "top 10 sim cars", even though the steering aid is present.

What they are laking in credibilty, they make up with Jessica's "you know whats".
At least they stoped beeing "PC sim elitists" and give credit to the consoles, which redeems them in some way.

Insidesimracing is something everyone got to see in the past I guess, but they are not the ones I would trust as far as physics and stuff like that goes. They are judging games based on the physics sound and visuals, which is fine, but the way they talk about the physics is awkeward. I bet none of those guys has ever driven a race car, let alone a roadcar on a real race track, but they think they know which game is more realistic (by 0.1 points or something).

They didn't even notive the steering aid in Forza 3. The Porsche from Forza 3 ranks among the "top 10 sim cars", even though the steering aid is present.

What they are laking in credibilty, they make up with Jessica's "you know whats".
At least they stoped beeing "PC sim elitists" and give credit to the consoles, which redeems them in some way.

Both guys own sports cars and have been on track with them and various other cars. They have gained serious access to developers in the past few years. They do lean toward the sim side of the spectrum but will voice their love for games like DIRT2 as well.

The people who have little perspective on physics (ie never driven cars on tracks etc) are the ones filling forums like this one...

Both guys own sports cars and have been on track with them and various other cars. They have gained serious access to developers in the past few years. They do lean toward the sim side of the spectrum but will voice their love for games like DIRT2 as well.

The people who have little perspective on physics (ie never driven cars on tracks etc) are the ones filling forums like this one...

It just goes against what many other people in the know have said about Forza is all.

Our E3 Special report #2 is on GT5 and should be done within a few days. Hope you enjoy this one as much as I did meeting the guys at Codemasters and doing this interview.

LOL I wonder what interesting new things Codemasters told them about GT5 that we didn't learn from Sony!! :dunce:

Never knew they actually did drive racecars.

Even I was on the track with some sports cars, even on the Nordschleife twice, but I would never judge games for their realism and state it as fact. Though I did drive them pretty fast (as fast as it gets with tourists on the track) I never experienced the limits of the tire grip (I would never risk to wreck an expensive car, that i don't even own and is not covered by insurance on the track). As long as you stay within these limits in a sim game, nearly every game comes quite close to the real thing. So in case they did actually race those cars, they sure have some knowledge.

I just thought they were a bunsh of sim videogame nerds talking about games and what they think is actually realistic. So I might have been wrong.

Last edited:
Read the first post please....

But I did! It says:

I know it's just a word order/grammar thing, but it's still funny!

It was... pretty good. Finding a few shortcomings here and there in Forza's handling compared to the TT demo, I don't see them as the same but different. I think where it's going to count is when they review the full game and then do a point by point shootout. Which I'm sure many will be debating.

Back