Racesimcentral.com to make an "E3 Special Report" on GT5. IT'S OUT, watch @ 1st post

• Thread starter Coxis
  • 254 comments
It was... pretty good. Finding a few shortcomings here and there in Forza's handling compared to the TT demo, I don't see them as the same but different. I think where it's going to count is when they review the full game and then do a point by point shootout. Which I'm sure many will be debating.

That part i did not get Forza3 Physics compared to GT5P TT demo is not even close they feel like 2 different games.

Head tracking looked like it worked ok.

Only problem was with how close the eye camera was set.
I was hoping that the eye camera could be left by my tv.
Im going to have to rig up something to get the camera up close like it was shown.

So what did they say about standard, premium and cockpits? I have a bad connection and the video stopped just after the "standard cars will be like GT5 Prologue's" (??) or something like that....

They said that standard cars are similar to the cars in prologue. They could'nt get an answer regarding cockpits though.

Didn't bother watching it as I find their opinions crap. They once said GT5 was delayed due to the launch of FM3. Sorry but I find them biased towards Turn 10 because they are american.

Did they really say FM3 physics are the same as GT5 TT. If so then this proves they have no idea what they are on about, chalk and cheese springs to mind.

They said that standard cars are similar to the cars in prologue. They could'nt get an answer regarding cockpits though.

Well, if they're similar to Prologue and Prologue cars have interiors, wouldn't be safe to assume that the Standard cars would have interiors. Also, I assume the interiors aren't nearly as detailed as those we've seen at e3 and on the GT site...perhaps the standard cars' interiors would be similar to that as well...Also, if the Prologue cars are what the standard cars are gonna look like, then there should be no complaining.

they have no idea what they are on about, chalk and cheese springs to mind.

Which is the case with most of the news we get from E3... Think about it, website giants like IGN and Gamespot send people to report about all games in E3, covering a huge spectrum of genres. Their reports on GT5 should not be given any more weight than RSC's.

The way I see it, the more information we get, the more game footage and GT5 related interviews, the merrier. Information = good when it comes to a game by a company as secretive as PD.

The comment about the level of standard cars seemed very random to me. I mean standard cars were not shown on E3, and none of the officials wanted to give out any details, so how would these guys know? To me, it therefore sounded like what they think standard cars will be like, but nothing that is based on actual knowledge.

And I was a bit disappointed by the head tracking. I mean it does work, but it was not seamless in the video. Instead, it seemed to switch between the 0° and the 45° view in the game when the guy turned his head beyond a certain degree. So what it does is the same than what you can do with the controller, only automated by your head movement. Nonetheless, I would find it very disturbing like this since the view does not actually follow your head, but "switch" to the +/- 45° view when you turn your head.

They were invited to the private showing. Maybe they were shown then.
Like I said, I'm not so sure. At least they do not say they saw standard cars, and the information they disclose is what you can read on the GT website. I'd be extremely happy with standard cars being on the level of Prologue cars, but having seen the renders and the official video of standard cars from PD, I would not agree with the Racesimcentral guys. Therefore I questioned whether they have actually seen something we haven't.

Interesting to hear that manuractureres won't allow damaged cars to ever stop running.

That sucks. DNF's would have made things a whole lot better online.

Towards the end of the video, one of them mentions an in-game driving school, I wonder if this is different from the license tests?

That sucks. DNF's would have made things a whole lot better online.
That might be true for the first race ot two. Don't get me wrong, I would like the option, but for the general public it is a bad idea.

Maybe if you are damaged too much you are forced to go to the pit stop, and when you go out, you see everyone is done with the race... :lol:

They also said that the physics are the same of GT5p!!maybe because the setting was arcade,I guess!and they give a positive opinion about 3D version,that maybe push me to buy a 3Dtv!!

although we know alot more then what was revealed here , thats cause it was done @ start of E3. my heart sank when the corporate hyper said we are carrying over the tuning feature from prolouge. if that is the only tuning you can do to the cars in the full game then I will demand a refund, I would at least expect to see Gt4 tuning, springrate, dampers etc. camber, and also the performance tuning, like HKS big turbos all that jazz, at a level higher then GT4, but in that style, I mean I dont want it simplified. also another scary thing was when he asked about damage, he was asked if they will get as well as cosmetic damage, will the car degrade, meaning if the left wheel gets bent will you feel it, but he said we didnt want the cars to get badly damaged because we wanted to keep the game fun to drive, that seems like what an arcade game would say not a Real driving simulator!, so again I hope that was just him trying to hype the game, and keep young noobs and mums interested but I hope we get a little more because of nascar needs independant tuning of wheels in order to even limp around the track, other wise the outside tyre would just rub on the rim. so I really hope they hire people that actually know what they are talking about, and that they hire people that are allowed to say something, because all this crap about we cant release those details is uter BS.the game is only 5 months OR LESS away now is not the time to say we cant release the details, LOL This is the perfect time. it would take about 2 months to spread the world with full feature lists etc to help spread the hype hope fully at games con we will get
full track list
Full car list
Full tuning options (brands) hks DG5 etc
more detail in tuning car setup camber, damper adjustment. (my god if its only like prolouge then I will burn my copy, or something, because that really sucked big time in prolouge the quick tuning good for noobs, but pro's not good enough.
I know I sound cranky and grumpy, but I was just thawed out remember I said i was getting cryo genetically frozen cause gt5 was taking too long. well I was thawed out last week after the news, and now I have awoken with passion, watch out! :P
a full demo of the full game, meaning the garage, licences, I want to see a unrestricted preview at games con

I would find it very disturbing like this since the view does not actually follow your head, but "switch" to the +/- 45° view when you turn your head.

I think that is about the best it can get as you would would have to have multiple TV's for 1:1 tracking. Also PD won't do even steering wheel movement 1:1 so it kind of follows the theme :)

I just finished watching it. I think it was pretty good, I don't know why people complain so much.

Sure, they said a couple of things we GT fans will obviously disagree with (i.e. physics being similar to Prologue's, similar to FM3 and those too many comments about the "delays" for the game when it was just one, for Japan) but overall I think it was very good. I was happy to hear Darin say they were going to do their "shootout" with FM3, about time GT gets some justice because on the previous installment they compared a full-fledged game to a prologue, or glorified demo as I like to call it.

I just finished watching it. I think it was pretty good, I don't know why people complain so much.

Sure, they said a couple of things we GT fans will obviously disagree with (i.e. physics being similar to Prologue's, similar to FM3 and those too many comments about the "delays" for the game when it was just one, for Japan) but overall I think it was very good. I was happy to hear Darin say they were going to do their "shootout" with FM3, about time GT gets some justice because on the previous installment they compared a full-fledged game to a prologue, or glorified demo as I like to call it.
Yep,in the whole they give a very positive opinion on gt5!!but they didn't say any thing about engine sound or AI!!

Last edited:
I think that is about the best it can get as you would would have to have multiple TV's for 1:1 tracking.
How so?

When they said "head tracking", I was thinking of something like this:

That is one sensor and one screen. I don't know whether PS3 pheripherals are capable of doing this, but I don't see the complicated thing about implementing it.

Which is the case with most of the news we get from E3... Think about it, website giants like IGN and Gamespot send people to report about all games in E3, covering a huge spectrum of genres. Their reports on GT5 should not be given any more weight than RSC's.

The way I see it, the more information we get, the more game footage and GT5 related interviews, the merrier. Information = good when it comes to a game by a company as secretive as PD.
I take little notice of Gamespot, Gametrailers, IGN.

This might make me unpopular but these american websites are excellent when it comes to FPS games but rather poor when it comes to racing games with the exception of arcade racing games. I much prefer someone who knows what their on about.

Didn't bother watching it as I find their opinions crap. They once said GT5 was delayed due to the launch of FM3. Sorry but I find them biased towards Turn 10 because they are american.

Did they really say FM3 physics are the same as GT5 TT. If so then this proves they have no idea what they are on about, chalk and cheese springs to mind.
This.

I don't know why people are so serious about these guys opinions.

This might make me unpopular but these american websites are excellent when it comes to FPS games but rather poor when it comes to racing games with the exception of arcade racing games. I much prefer someone who knows what their on about.

These guys DO know what they're on about. They're the hardest of hardcore sim racers so when they talk about physics i listen. I do feel like they have the impression console racers are dumbed down a degree because of that fact though. I just hope they do the shoot out right.

Forza does have a 'professional' setting i'm sure, and dont forget these guys are of the lucky few who actually play xbox with a decent wheel peripheral, eg Fanatec. So they get the best out of it. Like I say, i just hope GT gets the same treatment. Pro physics, all assists off, TC 0, ABS 0, simulation tyres, THEN we'll hear what they say about how it compares ;)

By the way, anyone a member at race sim? I'm sure they will, but it couldn't hurt for someone to remind them to test in full on sim mode :sly: He took the NASCAR round the top gear track on R3's for christ sake. Which in my opinion, simulate racing slicks at optimal temperature and grip. Theres no way you could get enough heat in those tyres at top gear. R1 would of been the better choice.

Also, they sucked at rally driving :lol:

Personally, I'd trust these guys more than the mainstream gaming sites like Gamespot, Edge, Eurogamer etc. although for interview, I much prefer auto journalists. We also have to remember these are also the same guys who thought Forza 2's physics exceeded that of GT5 Prologue which I find rather scandalous!

So their finding that GT5 is now on par with FM3 when it comes to physics is actually good considering that both Darin and Shaun are enamoured by the physics in FM3. It's not so good that they find it's not as hard as iRacing although that was to be expected.

A few things to consider are the tires these guys might have used for the demo. If it's the norm S2 for road cars and R2 and R3 (which is what everyone seems to be using at E3) for NASCAR and other race cars then their opinion isn't surprising (personally I prefer R1 for race cars and N3-S1 for road but I'm a bit of a masochist). Add to the fact that the demo doesn't include the complete tire modeling- tire wear/heat hasn't been implemented- which once added (once it's in the full GT5) will not only add more dynamic to the driving physics but add another element of difficulty and complexity.

Let's go to commercial guys...

x2_15ba2e3

:dopey: i hope i don't get trouble for this :lol:

Back