Racesimcentral.com to make an "E3 Special Report" on GT5. IT'S OUT, watch @ 1st post

• Thread starter Coxis
  • 254 comments
Personally, I'd trust these guys more than the mainstream gaming sites like Gamespot, Edge, Eurogamer etc. although for interview, I much prefer auto journalists. We also have to remember these are also the same guys who thought Forza 2's physics exceeded that of GT5 Prologue which I find rather scandalous!

So their finding that GT5 is now on par with FM3 when it comes to physics is actually good considering that both Darin and Shaun are enamoured by the physics in FM3. It's not so good that they find it's not as hard as iRacing although that was to be expected.

A few things to consider are the tires these guys might have used for the demo. If it's the norm S2 for road cars and R2 and R3 (which is what everyone seems to be using at E3) for NASCAR and other race cars then their opinion isn't surprising (personally I prefer R1 for race cars and N3-S1 for road but I'm a bit of a masochist). Add to the fact that the demo doesn't include the complete tire modeling- tire wear/heat hasn't been implemented- which once added (once it's in the full GT5) will not only add more dynamic to the driving physics but add another element of difficulty and complexity.
I don't think so!Forza3 is easily playable with pad,gt5 isn't,you absolutely need a wheel!sorry but that prof that the gt5 physics are harder than Forza!!

Best review yet. 👍

Thank you to those guys at ISR. It looks like we will get the exact thing we are looking for from those guys.

I don't think so!Forza3 is easily playable with pad,gt5 isn't,you absolutely need a wheel!sorry but that prof that the gt5 physics are harder than Forza!!

Error. Found.

I'll beat you with a pad when GT5 comes out ;)

I wink but I'm actually serious.

I did just fine in the rankings in the TT demo without a wheel.

Error. Found.

I wink but I'm actually serious.

I did just fine in the rankings in the TT demo without a wheel.
From my experience its very hard to be smooth with the inputs using a pad on professional settings on GT5P or the TT demo. However with FM3 using a pad isn't a problem and you don't have to worry too much about being smooth. You have so much grip on FM3 understeer, oversteer are hardly ever experienced.

As I say to my friends on FM3 if your planning on buying GT5 and wish to play on professional settings then you ideally need the wheel.

These guys DO know what they're on about. They're the hardest of hardcore sim racers so when they talk about physics i listen. I do feel like they have the impression console racers are dumbed down a degree because of that fact though. I just hope they do the shoot out right.

Forza does have a 'professional' setting i'm sure, and dont forget these guys are of the lucky few who actually play xbox with a decent wheel peripheral, eg Fanatec. So they get the best out of it. Like I say, i just hope GT gets the same treatment. Pro physics, all assists off, TC 0, ABS 0, simulation tyres, THEN we'll hear what they say about how it compares ;)
Forza doesn't have a "Pro" setting...

This is the best of Forza 3 with a wheel and no assists:

How can we take these guys serious?

Last edited:

Is that a death threat or a race challenge? Sounds like you want to smash him to death with a Sixaxis. :lol:

Glad most of you liked the report, as did I. Forza Motorsport bias or not (it's painfully apparent), they said a lot of positive things about GT5 and like someone else said, I'd trust these guys over IGN, Gamespot, etc. any day.

wow!and some one said that gt5 physics are similar a Forza3!!game over:sly:

The best examples is when I run top 10 laptimes using unrealistic tunes. The AWD missile cars are a joke on FM3. The simple tuning technique is swap to AWD, add 1090HP, stock brakes, stock tyres.

Even better were the missile cars on FM2. You would have missile cars such as the Barracuda or Dodge Charger again with 1090HP. The funniest part is you would remain in the same gear for the entire lap.

I don't mean to sound arrogant to anyone but I have 250 top 50 times on FM3 & 2. Also had dozens of top 10 laptimes on GT5P. Now im saying this because you don't really test a physics engine properly until you participate in hotlapping. Now on GT5P even knowing when to change gear would make a difference to your laptime and we would spend at least 5 laps finding out. However on FM3 it doesn't matter if you change at 7000 or 8000rpm your laptimes remain around the same.

I would love to challenge those on insideracing to either a race on FM3 or a hotlapping competition!

another scary thing was when he asked about damage, he was asked if they will get as well as cosmetic damage, will the car degrade, meaning if the left wheel gets bent will you feel it, but he said we didnt want the cars to get badly damaged because we wanted to keep the game fun to drive, that seems like what an arcade game would say not a Real driving simulator!

If you actually listened to the sony guy you would have heard him state that they are only allowed to do certain types of damage to the cars because they are told by the car manufacturers what kind of damage they are and arent allowed to do to the cars in GT5.

although we know alot more then what was revealed here , thats cause it was done @ start of E3. my heart sank when the corporate hyper said we are carrying over the tuning feature from prolouge. if that is the only tuning you can do to the cars in the full game then I will demand a refund, I would at least expect to see Gt4 tuning, springrate, dampers etc. camber, and also the performance tuning, like HKS big turbos all that jazz, at a level higher then GT4, but in that style, I mean I dont want it simplified. also another scary thing was when he asked about damage, he was asked if they will get as well as cosmetic damage, will the car degrade, meaning if the left wheel gets bent will you feel it, but he said we didnt want the cars to get badly damaged because we wanted to keep the game fun to drive, that seems like what an arcade game would say not a Real driving simulator!, so again I hope that was just him trying to hype the game, and keep young noobs and mums interested but I hope we get a little more because of nascar needs independant tuning of wheels in order to even limp around the track, other wise the outside tyre would just rub on the rim. so I really hope they hire people that actually know what they are talking about, and that they hire people that are allowed to say something, because all this crap about we cant release those details is uter BS.the game is only 5 months OR LESS away now is not the time to say we cant release the details, LOL This is the perfect time. it would take about 2 months to spread the world with full feature lists etc to help spread the hype hope fully at games con we will get
full track list
Full car list
Full tuning options (brands) hks DG5 etc
more detail in tuning car setup camber, damper adjustment. (my god if its only like prolouge then I will burn my copy, or something, because that really sucked big time in prolouge the quick tuning good for noobs, but pro's not good enough.
I know I sound cranky and grumpy, but I was just thawed out remember I said i was getting cryo genetically frozen cause gt5 was taking too long. well I was thawed out last week after the news, and now I have awoken with passion, watch out! :P
a full demo of the full game, meaning the garage, licences, I want to see a unrestricted preview at games con

Don't worry, Im sure the tuning will be just as in depth as previous titles.

I suppose using the pad depends on what you describe as a decent lap. Some people are very happy to post a laptime within the top 500. However when GT5 comes out my target is always within the top 20 or even better the top 10.

Now I know for a fact you cannot post a top 20 laptime on professional setting using the pad!

Also worth highlighting that with the G25/27 you can drop from 6th to 2nd in an instant and use engine braking. This can result in shaving time off your laptime.

The best examples is when I run top 10 laptimes using unrealistic tunes. The AWD missile cars are a joke on FM3. The simple tuning technique is swap to AWD, add 1090HP, stock brakes, stock tyres.

Even better were the missile cars on FM2. You would have missile cars such as the Barracuda or Dodge Charger again with 1090HP. The funniest part is you would remain in the same gear for the entire lap.

I don't mean to sound arrogant to anyone but I have 250 top 50 times on FM3 & 2. Also had dozens of top 10 laptimes on GT5P. Now im saying this because you don't really test a physics engine properly until you participate in hotlapping. Now on GT5P even knowing when to change gear would make a difference to your laptime and we would spend at least 5 laps finding out. However on FM3 it doesn't matter if you change at 7000 or 8000rpm your laptimes remain around the same.

I would love to challenge those on insideracing to either a race on FM3 or a hotlapping competition!

Great post!!👍

hahah!!!see you in November......:sly:

I'll hold you to that too, with my trusty pad at my side. It's hard but it's doable with practice, just like a wheel. (Providing they don't 🤬 all over us like they did in the time trial with permenant traction control...)

These inside sim guys... They have a lot of experience racing sim games. You only truly test the physics when you begin to overdrive the car. For that you need amateurs. So I compliment them on their ability, but they're saying the physics are about the same as Forzas because they probably are when you're driving in exactly the same way. Push the car a little too hard and really see how Forza is behind GT.

These inside sim guys... They have a lot of experience racing sim games. .

I have alot of experience with women but I still don't understand them.:sly:

Let me give you all another example and im pretty sure those muppets at insidesim haven't done this.

Decided a few weeks back to hotlap on maple valley short in S class using the Dodge Viper. Now due to this track being more suitable towards handling than speed I decided to upgrade my viper using race brakes, race tyres, race weight reduction. After several laps I was 3 secs off the pace and knew my set up was wrong. So I changed to stock brakes, stock tyres and added HP. The result was 3secs quicker and a top 50 position.

The developers at Turn 10 made FM3 more arcadey to entice the casual racers. The golden rule of tuning is add HP whatever track your hotlapping on.

II IVORBIGUN II
Also worth highlighting that with the G25/27 you can drop from 6th to 2nd in an instant and use engine braking. This can result in shaving time off your laptime.

Which is why full sim or damage should be a requirement for leaderboards IMHO.

Who drops into second gear from top speed in the real world.

The real driving simulator. Ha ha.

I'll hold you to that too, with my trusty pad at my side. It's hard but it's doable with practice, just like a wheel. (Providing they don't 🤬 all over us like they did in the time trial with permenant traction control...)
Some times I tried to play GT with pad but it's simply impossible for me,I really admire you guys!! I always do it with the wheel(tc=0,prof' mode) and I had a very good position in TT classification (Italy):sly:

You only truly test the physics when you begin to overdrive the car. For that you need amateurs. So I compliment them on their ability, but they're saying the physics are about the same as Forzas because they probably are when you're driving in exactly the same way. Push the car a little too hard and really see how Forza is behind GT.
Exactly.

From 3:10 to 5:22

...and not a single spin.

Well, the special report was biased, but who cares about what they think? Screw up ISR, they even mentioned GTP so when it comes to Gran Turismo, WE are the greatest fan authority. :grumpy:

Also, the comparations with Forza are just dumb, no matter what arguments each side uses, both games have positive features and turndowns, so nitpicking on the other title won't lead anyone to a better understanding of one or another game. Disguting report. 👎

EDIT: Oh crap, I just wrote up the 👍, instead of the intended 👎..... :dunce:, corrected now.

Well, the special report was biased, but who cares about what they think? Screw up ISR, they even mentioned GTP so when it comes to Gran Turismo, WE are the greatest fan authority. :grumpy:

Also, the comparations with Forza are just dumb, no matter what arguments each side uses, both games have positive features and turndowns, so nitpicking on the other title won't lead anyone to a better understanding of one or another game. Disguting report. 👎

EDIT: Oh crap, I just wrote up the 👍, instead of the intended 👎..... :dunce:, corrected now.
👍👍👍

I hope they see this comment since they visit gtplanet.

I thought it was a great report, I was a little disappointed with the physics point they made, that's meant to be their speciality. But the rest of it was good.

Forza Motorsport is a kids game filled with gimmicks. Give me Gran Turismo any day.

Ex-racer here by the way.

What's happening in that video? Is it a glitch or something? I've never encountered this.

Do you ride the kerb on the apex? It happened to me when I played it. I didn't exactly play it for very long either.

But they have to bash them. ISR said GT5 isn't the greatest thing since sliced bread. They must be crucified for it.:rolleyes:

Gangi does sound like a forza loverboy a bit though.

Back