Racesimcentral.com to make an "E3 Special Report" on GT5. IT'S OUT, watch @ 1st post

• Thread starter Coxis
  • 254 comments
well from the interview there is still no confirmation fi all cars have cock pit view or side view not just tint dark glasses.

The interviewer is funny he really is insisting to fish about the premium versus standard.

Did they really say FM3 physics are the same as GT5 TT. If so then this proves they have no idea what they are on about, chalk and cheese springs to mind.

I used to think they were different, until my cousin (who owns a Fanatec wheel) showed me that the physics across both Forza Motorport 3 and GT5: Time Trial are almost exactly the same.

He explained it like this: In the Time Trial the tire temperatures are locked for fairness across laps. In Forza the tires start cool and warm up. After you've warmed up your tires the handling will feel very similar.

In the end, FM3 will feel more realistic because as your tires get too hot from spinning out you have to be extra gentle on the throttle as you exit turns. This isn't a fault of the Time Trial's physics, just the settings it was set at where it locks your temperatures.

I tried it out once with the wheel with the same car in both games and did see that after the tires were warmed up it handled similarly in both games.

And that, should be fantastic news to everyone because it means GT5 will have the improved physics we see in the TT and not the sterile feel of Prologue when it came to tire behaviour.

To hear that GT's physics is as good as Forza's should be music to everyone's ears here. The big draw for Forza is the tire physics model which feels excellent. It has issues in other departments such as weight distribution, something that GT does not. This means in the end GT5 could have everything there needed. Though personally I still don't think they will match the tire model of Forza or iRacing, but in the end like I said it could be very comparable to both games.

To the one guy who posted the video of the cars flipping over a curb in Forza, those physics seem very reasonable. My background is in stunt driving and when going downhill like that and hitting a 5 inch curb you can get your car on two wheels rather easily. Seems like a lot of people slagging off Forza and don't know what they are talking about. FM3 has a ******** of legit problems and you guys are going off on stuff that aren't even real issues.

Anyways, with that stuff out of the way, the ISR guys did a great job and gave me some details I was unaware of. I didn't fully realize that others can be watching our races as they happen. That feature is incredible.

It looks like Polyphony Digital are making up for the poor online mode in Prologue with what could be called the best online mode seen on console sim racers.

I especially loved seeing more footage of the Top Gear Test Track. I certainly hope that we have some premium "reasonably priced cars" from the previous season of shows. Apparently the new car is going to be a Kia Cee'd, that would be nice to have as well.

Unfortunately for ISR and us, Polyphony Digital isn't ready to answer all of our questions. I can't understand why they'd want to hold this information back, on the console front the competition is probably already working on the next game and can't pop in new features at this point.

I wish these guys could make it to GamesCom.

i agree with grant U., but, as Fanatec owner, the biggest problem in f3 is steering aid which can not be turned off, and i so annoying, you can drift any car,correct any mistakes you make. If there was F1 car in F3, i could safely bet that we would see F1 drifting. F3 has good physics and so will GT5.

I used to think they were different, until my cousin (who owns a Fanatec wheel) showed me that the physics across both Forza Motorport 3 and GT5: Time Trial are almost exactly the same.

He explained it like this: In the Time Trial the tire temperatures are locked for fairness across laps. In Forza the tires start cool and warm up. After you've warmed up your tires the handling will feel very similar.

In the end, FM3 will feel more realistic because as your tires get too hot from spinning out you have to be extra gentle on the throttle as you exit turns. This isn't a fault of the Time Trial's physics, just the settings it was set at where it locks your temperatures.

You're basing your understanding of the physics on tire temperatures? :ill: The reason you couldn't warm up your tyres in Prologue and the TT is because, well it wasn't included. You can't compare FM3's physics with tyre warming with another game without tyre warming... it doesn't really work. Try it when GT5 actually comes out.

To the one guy who posted the video of the cars flipping over a curb in Forza, those physics seem very reasonable. My background is in stunt driving and when going downhill like that and hitting a 5 inch curb you can get your car on two wheels rather easily. Seems like a lot of people slagging off Forza and don't know what they are talking about. FM3 has a ******** of legit problems and you guys are going off on stuff that aren't even real issues.

Sorry but, that is unrealistic no matter what you tell me. And it's not a 5 inch curb, it's called a rumble strip which is sloped to allow cars to drive over them without being launched in the air. Not a real issue? Erm, alright then. It seems you are the one that doesn't know what they are talking about.

To hear that GT's physics is as good as Forza's should be music to everyone's ears here.

lolwut?

lolwut.jpg

So GT5 is going to have permanent steering aid?

Yup mention forza 3 and they are totally biased and wrong. Also because this is GTPlanet all the GT Fans are right and anybody that compares GT5 to its Rival are wrong. How dare they like other racing games other than GT.

Im just curious , but out of all of you guys that claim to have played Forza 3 how many of you realy did play it instead of picking videos off Youtube showing Forza 3 BUGS and then claiming how much it compares to GT5 Prologue? I own both games and there isnt much difference in Forza 3 to GT5 Prologue handling wise. Ive played GT5 Prologue with my G25 on Pro handling and Ive played Forza 3 with a wheel and they are very similar.

Last edited:
Hi guys
I wanted to open a thread about ISR because i wanted to know what you guys think about ISR
I think iam right here to talk about ISR
1.I agree with the most of them what they said
2 1.) You can't compaire forza 3 with gt5, gt5 is a completely different game
graphics,details (i heard that they had need 2 years to make the Nordschleife and over 3 months for ! 1 ! car )physics,features like headtracking ,3d...and much more
F3 is the same game like NFS Shift only with a sim touch
tracks,cars,physics... have nothing to do with the reality
In F3 you can drive with 300kmh on a road where normaly its impossible to drive 180kmh
I can say more about that but its not a important topic for a SIM driver
2.) That's the reason why i disagree at this point
I thought ISR play games like iRacing,rFactor,GTR2,GT5 ...=real Sims and I thought they know what a SIM is but if i hear what they say about F3 its just...
NOTHING IN F3 IS LIKE IN THE REALITY
I hope ISR will read this
ICEMAN_ZIDANE,sry for my english

Last edited:
I post this in GT5 general news.

http://www.virtualr.net/tech-stuff-physic-engine-rates/

That says that the physics of GT is somewhere like rFactor.
HAHAH....this is my post yesterday!
wajdi1977 View Post
Ok,thanks!I don't know if we should believe this guys(Racesim..)when they say that the Physics of gt5 are more easy than Iracing physics!
I played Rfactor for 2years and I also tested the TT!I really found the TT physics very similar to Rfactor !just my personal opinion
Ps:I root for Germany !!

I think people are forgetting with SRT creating such debates and controversy with GT Vs FM3 comparisons it only does one thing and that promotes their show and its sponsors.

Darin is no fool he knows full well they will get love/hate from those in the community but gamers will always prefer one or the other regardless.

GT5 I would say will be trickier to control for some players and if they cant race as well in one game as they can in the other guess what then happens. This already has been evident with the 370 TT and already Ive seen lots of comments on various forums how the handling in that sucked but did it really or was it more of a case some players found it harder to control therefore go against the game they cannot do so well in?

I dont agree with the comment made in the video that both games feel similar. If you believe this then why can so many people like the feel of one game and dislike the other. SRT please do me a favour and take 1x Civic Type R ---- 1x Nissan GT ---- 1x GT40 around Suzuka on both games and come back to tell me they feel the same. Thats a good example of comparing FWD / 4WD and RWD in both games.

The comment was made I believe as not to offend or at this stage show a preference to GT5 with all the E3 hype and nothing more.
They cant of given FM3 all this praise to now and then say something that would go against that and lets not forget the commerical aspects involved in SRT from a business/online sales perspective.

At the same time you have to give credit to SRT for getting into the private function and also the Merc PR evening.
Who represented GT Planet at those? They also do get hardware exclusives and have now covered some great hardware in reviews with more to come like the Renn Sport Cockpit. Why I ask has Jordan or no-one at GT Planet went down this commercial avenue gettting involved in doing such reviews or being more involved with industry games shows?

I really think its a missed oppertunity that Jordan / GT Planet could get more involved in but perhaps he isnt interested in this side of things?

Last edited:
Mr Latte
You are right guy
I wanted to say this too and i explained why i think so ( read my post )

Its not possible that they say its the same like in F3 OMG , they know that GT5 is better but they don't say

They (SRT) say: "really good physics." What more can they say to make you all (well, some) happy? :lol:

Oh, do you mean as they also said good things about FM3 (what many of you disagree with) and now say good things about GT5, that basically they can't be telling the truth? :P I think few of you guys are quite funny. Wait and make up your own mind. The more they say bad things about ANY game, the less there will be punters online 👍 ;)

They use different methodes for creating tracks. One these methodes is scanning. Did Chris mean laser scanning? Or is there another way of scanning tracks?

ICEMAN_ZIDANE
Mr Latte
You are right guy
I wanted to say this too and i explained why i think so ( read my post )

Its not possible that they say its the same like in F3 OMG , they know that GT5 is better but they don't say

They said they would do a comparison before the end of the year. When they have the full game.

Geez.

They said they would do a comparison before the end of the year. When they have the full game.

Geez.

What if you had the best meal of your life?

Then some slightly chunkier people come over and tell you all the shortcomings and faults of the meal and the preparation techniques.

Would it automatically make you think it tastes like ass despite the fact that before they came, it was the best thing you ever ate?

Not me.

Bon Appetit.

When isr compared prologue with forza people moaned because prologue's not a full game.

Now because isr aren't saying the demo's they've played trounce forza their bad reviewers. Atleast prologue was a self contained package.
Let PD release the game, then start the flame wars.

I'm not sure about other videos we have seen, but I have only just realised the Citroen GT has gears instead of the 1 massive gear (D) in Prologue. You can see it at 28:04 and in a few other places in the video.

I'm not sure about other videos we have seen, but I have only just realised the Citroen GT has gears instead of the 1 massive gear (D) in Prologue. You can see it at 28:04 and in a few other places in the video.
I haven't seen the video but it's definitely the V8 engine version! So that would probably mean we'll get both in the final game.

I hope we'll get the same sound too:dunce:

When isr compared prologue with forza people moaned because prologue's not a full game.

Now because isr aren't saying the demo's they've played trounce forza their bad reviewers. Atleast prologue was a self contained package.
Let PD release the game, then start the flame wars.

Ah, I see.

It's ridiculous that some people are complaining about it, isr can only comment on what they have seen; a game which looks good, but obviously a lot of the substance (bar the physics) is relatively unknown. It's impossible for them at this stage to say much on how good it is.

ISR's review seemed well balanced and they can't comment on what they have seen little of. Give the guys a break.

My thanks to the ISR guys for a great video on GT5.

The ISR guys give us a great, detailed review of the GT5 E3 demo but only about half of the people who post here appreciate it. The other half are so anal that they can't overlook a few early, comparative comments to Forza 3.

ISR should be given credit for going into more depth than anyone else, pushing the Sony guys harder to answer questions than anyone else and giving us more time focused on GT5 than anyone else. The fact that they didn't say GT5 was the best in every category imaginable doesn't make them biased. If you were expecting to hear that, it makes you biased!

There is no way GT5 can have the most realistic physics if you compare it to IRacing...which is totally focused on the sim market and only works with a few cars until they get them as close to real as possible. GT5 isn't trying to compete with that...it has to appeal to a very mainstream audience that doesn't want a true simulation--they want a game with lots of fun cars to drive. GT does a very nice job catering to both audiences but you have to realize their biggest audience is not the one reading this forum. That means they will never be as sim-like as the hardcore PC choices. Go back to GT5P and drive the F1 car again and then try out a similar car on the PC sims and you will see what I mean.

GT5 is shaping up to be a fantastic game with the best car selection and the best graphics. It is not the 'be all and end all' of racing simulations though. GT doesn't even have races where you qualify or realistic race starts! (unless that changes in GT5). Except it for what it is--a terrific console sim that will be worth every penny and a lot more but don't bash knowledgeable people who see that GT5 isn't the best in every way.

ISR's review seemed well balanced and they can't comment on what they have seen little of. Give the guys a break.

👍👍

On top of that, at least in comparison to everyone else, at least they tried like 5,000 times to get an answer about the standard and premium cars....plus a lot of other good questions that the Sony rep was tight-lipped about.

Can't wait for November...good preview overall though in my opinion.

I shall quote a wiki article since this is actually accurate on the page.

"The car in the game features a fuel cell powering four electric motors delivering 780bhp, however the real car has a V8 petrol engine.[11] [12] The car's weight is 1,400 kg."

This is off the Citroen GT wiki page.

"The car in the game features a fuel cell powering four electric motors delivering 780bhp, however the real car has a V8 petrol engine.[11] [12] The car's weight is 1,400 kg."

Cant anyone edit a wiki page?

Could I not change it to say it has 780 hamsters in the trunk on a big wheel?

Cheers. I didn't know that. :D Glad to see they put the real engine into the car this time.

Back