Rapid Tire Wear after update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Canada
Okanagan BC
speed_racer_girl
Today before the update, we were running on LaSarthe. Tire wear normal on all types of tires, since the game came out.

NOW:

LaSarthe 3 laps on racing soft's, tires less than 10% left, 6 laps with racing hard's, tires less than 10% left.

Car Used: Benz SL600

Anyone notice the same rapid wear online?

This is great news, they have fixed the compound issue!
One of my friends just posted they have noticed the following
DrifterJoe
I've found out about the new tyre wear so far. My test was done with a 502BHP NASCAR at Indy speedway. I found that racing hard tyres wore about 9% quicker than before (35 laps vs 38 laps), and that racing softs wore out 50% quicker than before (19 laps vs 38 laps). Haven't tested racing mediums, but they'll probably be right in the middle at about 30% quicker wear than before

I dont know how this will affect drifters but for organised grip racing online its got to be good news.
Nice one:D

I'm in the middle of churning on the indy 200 race on the way from lvl 309, I was getting 35 laps out of a set of softs, now getting 12 ! Think it may be affecting the other cars as well (currently on lap 120), tried a couple of reboots to no affect.

Is that online? Says there should be a setting. Thought I read that in the update on the game. Top right corner of main menu. Don't know how to set it though if you can.

We just did a bunch of R&D on Spa online, and no doubt tire wear has changed, but also the dynamics of the cars too-for the good. We are pretty sure the tire wear reflects more true to life than before. The cars handling seem to be better as well. Soft tires on a Viper wore down quicker than the Honda S2000. Makes sense when you think about it. I like the change. Back to racing hard or medium tires it is!

This will affect the pit strategy for online competitions massively I think this is great news :)

This is absolutely game changing news, wtf I'm too excited, we have much more of a sim going now!

Mine was "in game" as opposed to online, I'd "suspended" the game overnight. Completed and won, albeit a much narrower margin that usual but a bit of a surprise mid game. Tyre wear seemed consistent across race hard and soft, so not sure what this will add. Is it adjustable ?

As I have just started my endurance races, this is something that interests me muchly - will follow this thread hoping for good info :)

Thanks

As I have just started my endurance races, this is something that interests me muchly - will follow this thread hoping for good info :)

I've just got Nurburg 24 hour to do, think I'll see how this pans out !

👍 Finally
So far all I've done is the new seasonal.
I'm using Sport Soft for the 1st time, instead of my usual RS.
Lot's of fun with a new challenge.

Big question.

Can guy/gals that dont update still play online?

Will the tyre wear be the same for Player A on ver 2.01 VS. PLayer B on ver 2.02?

I dont think that would be fair, any thoughts?

Big question.

Will the tyre wear be the same for Player A on ver 2.01 VS. PLayer B on ver 2.02?

I dont think that would be fair, any thoughts? This needs to be tested quickly for series runners.

GT Updates are mandatory to play online.

Big question.

I dont think that would be fair, any thoughts? This needs to be tested quickly for series runners.

No, you can't. Always have been like that on any game.

Sounds great. Would be nice o have options. Like excelerated wear and normal. That way short races can have pits, for people that dont want a super long race just to get pits in there.

Race Softs with a GT500 after 4 laps are at 50% on trial mountain

R Med's wear faster than the R soft on spec 2.01 and Race Hard last about the same as RS of Spec 2.01.

So effictively, Race soft and Race mediums are unusable tyres now.

How difficult is it PD?

Racing Soft should always be for hotlapping.... My God, first people complain that RS last longer than RH or the same, now they complain they last for shorter period of time, which it should be in first place. God help us...

PAPPACLART

R Med's wear faster than the R soft on spec 2.01 and Race Hard last about the same as RS of Spec 2.01.

How difficult is it PD?

Thats a pretty contradictory statement. Do you like that RS wear faster than the other tires or not?

PAPPACLART

How difficult is it PD?

You mean they now wear like they are supposed to in real life?

This is a dramatic improvement to me. I bet a lot of online lobbies will be turning tire wear off...:sly:

The rate of grip degradation may not be 100% accurate, but I do believe the new tire wear model is now more realistic. Both tire compounds combined with driving style should be huge factors in a competitive race.

Alas, we can now appreciate Jenson Button's driving style all the more :)

This new tyre wear is more akin to real-life than previously, the Racing Soft tires should be purely for last-ditch eforts and hot lapping.

They haven't ruined the tires, they simply made wear the way they should be.
So now durability is a factor when choosing tires, not just what tires give the most grip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back