Rapid Tire Wear after update

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the "Real Driving Simulator",right ? So be it. They're making it as close to real as possible. If you want arcady-type of grip and racing, go buy Forza. :P

So, no more 50 lap no pit NASCAR races at Daytona on soft tires uh? Will have to check this whole tire wear thing out later and see what it has done to my NASCAR endurance settings. My record is 54 laps but I haven't done any Daytona endurance races in a while so I'll have to check this out.

Racing 101:

Racing Soft = Max Grip, Less Life.
Racing Hard = Less Grip, Max Life.

As long as RS have SHORTER life and RH have LONGER life, I and many many many others will be happy.

Racing Soft should always be for hotlapping.... My God, first people complain that RS last longer than RH or the same, now they complain they last for shorter period of time, which it should be in first place. God help us...

I concur.

Softs wear faster than hard. That makes sense to me.

Tire management plays a significant factor in terms of race strategy for most top-tier professional racing environments - so this change is a positive one in terms of added realism.

I cant believe Pd is too stupid.i havent tested yet but if the tires is wearing out quicker than before 2.02 its a shame.lmp1 cars can do over 50 laps at la sarthe irl .in gt5 before 2.02 10 laps

I don't have a problem with Tyre wear and softs lasting less than hards. But the new rates are going to make it more frustrating for clunky ds3 controls.

So, no more 50 lap no pit NASCAR races at Daytona on soft tires uh? Will have to check this whole tire wear thing out later and see what it has done to my NASCAR endurance settings. My record is 54 laps but I haven't done any Daytona endurance races in a while so I'll have to check this out.
I think we'll have to use Race Hard tires in future. Wouldn't be too dramatic, the laptimes are almost the same.

Racing softs? That's arcade handling isn't it?

Anyone been bothered to work out how many pitstops are needed for 9 hr Tsukuba race on those tires?

Racing softs? That's arcade handling isn't it?

Anyone been bothered to work out how many pitstops are needed for 9 hr Tsukuba race on those tires?
No, but theoreticaly one set tires could be enough.

Anyway, has anyone ever tried to run an endurance race (same speed as IRL) with the same number of tire sets as used in real life? ---> impossible

I think we'll have to use Race Hard tires in future. Wouldn't be too dramatic, the laptimes are almost the same.

I agree. Not a big deal to me either. I'll just have to change my setup a little for the hard tires.

Have you guys actually used race softs with a GT500 car. 6 laps of a large track and there is no rubber left...0 rubber, hardly like real life.

Even hot lapping on a large track is not possible as half way through the first hot lap and your tyres are past there best.

Maybe racing 5 lap online races is ok, but for us that race in clubs and do 40-50 lap races, race softs are good for 3 laps pushing it before you have to pit.

Race hards will be the new race soft, but actually lasts less then race softs prior to the update.

Soft tires should only be good for 1-2 in laps before falling off. Everyone wants realism, there you go.

Soft tires should only be good for 1-2 in laps before falling off. Everyone wants realism, there you go.

Soft tyres don't run on rims after 3-5 laps. Qualifiying tyres are good for more laps.

They should have kept the wear rate the same as before on softs, but upped the wear rate on RM's and RH's.

Or failing that, a slider bar so we can adjust how quickly each tyre wears.

I like the new tyres I've been racing online NASCAR, its a strategic race now depending on laps do you go for softs, mediums or hards, or do you mix and match compounds, its a lot of fun, some get it right others don't (you can see that with the pitlane queue!)

It's nice that they will no longer have the same tire wear, but the lifetime is just way too short.

PD should rename the tires:

Race Hard ---> Race Soft
Race Medium ---> Race Supersoft
Race Soft ---> Qualifier

I was actually going shorter distances on RH than before the update. However, the AI, on RM tyres, pits a lot earlier, so at least they now know what order the tyres should wear in. And not have them go the other way round.

Soft tyres don't run on rims after 3-5 laps. Qualifiying tyres are good for more laps.

They should have kept the wear rate the same as before on softs, but upped the wear rate on RM's and RH's.

Or failing that, a slider bar so we can adjust how quickly each tyre wears.

Dude, you sound just like my little brother. Quit whining and go play with your Legos.

I'm really glad that they fixed them. :tup:PD. :)

I am so psyched for my next endurance race. I can't wait to start experimenting with # of laps and lap times. I think every track will be different and I think this will force tuners to rethink some of their setups.

xX2Fast_4_YouXx
Dude, you sound just like my little brother. Quit whining and go play with your Legos.

I'm really glad that they fixed them. :tup:PD. :)

If it wasn't for blokes like him you probably wouldn't have a reason to be glad.

I cant believe Pd is too stupid.i havent tested yet but if the tires is wearing out quicker than before 2.02 its a shame.lmp1 cars can do over 50 laps at la sarthe irl .in gt5 before 2.02 10 laps

quite, looking forward to my upcoming Nurburg 24 hours, I'll be in the pits every lap ! Whilst I can see the point it gives you more options in the endurance races, doesn't it lead to some other questions now, like what tyres/strategy is the other guy on, what lap times is he doing on his tyres etc, that info added to the tyre degradation would enhance the game play ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back