Realistic horsepower levels

Are you satisfied with the current hp depictions?

• Total voters
United States
South Florida
I haven't heard anyone mention the fact that in GT5, a fully built 2jz Supra topped out at around 735hp. We all know that the 2jz is capable of producing 1200+hp. Hopefully it has been addressed this time around. Car sounds are a bonus in my humble opinion. I just want to tune/build a car and have it reflect real life gains.

I'm interested to see how you guys feel on the matter.

With 700 horses and 730 torque right off the bat, i'm predicting the Huayras will become some of the most fearsome drag racing cars in this game. What do you guys think?

With 700 horses and 730 torque right off the bat, i'm predicting the Huayras will become some of the most fearsome drag racing cars in this game. What do you guys think?
Amongst the exotics sure, but I prefer racing sports cars like the new GT 500 vs a CTS-V. I hope they increase the power of these cars so we can make things interesting and build some of these sports cars to run against exotics like in real life.

Meh. I presume with 1200hp Supras come 2000hp Vipers?
Fun to play with, but unless we have proper drag racing it'd be fairly useless for me.

Yes. I hope we can build car more realistically. A Toyota Supra can easily get above 1000hp. The same for muscle cars. Muscle cars are beasts on the drag strip but not if they put a limit on them like in GT5. They should be able to at least compete with supercars.

Amongst the exotics sure, but I prefer racing sports cars like the new GT 500 vs a CTS-V. I hope they increase the power of these cars so we can make things interesting and build some of these sports cars to run against exotics like in real life.

It'd be pretty cool to see the GT500 keep up with and beat a Ford GT.

Nitrous making a return is also a sign of things to come, though it's extremely expensive now.

Fun to play with, but unless we have proper drag racing it'd be fairly useless for me.
Exactly. From what I've seen, they've revamped the drag racing system.
Yes. I hope we can build car more realistically. A Toyota Supra can easily get above 1000hp. The same for muscle cars. Muscle cars are beasts on the drag strip but not if they put a limit on them like in GT5. They should be able to at least compete with supercars.
Right, but we shouldn't have to settle for that.

It'd be pretty cool to see the GT500 keep up with and beat a Ford GT.

Nitrous making a return is also a sign of things to come, though it's extremely expensive now.
I agree 100%. In one of the previews, we see a mustang burning out at the strip. That's also a reassuring sign. And I'm glad the nos is expensive. That way people won't be cheating in the lower levels of the career mode.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think PD needs to at least get close to what's out there in real life. 1000+ HP cars are not the normal, but there are quite a few. A guy I know just got done with a 1400HP supra build, and I know there are others that put down more. It would also be great if in the future we had actual tuning so we can push these cars to the ragged limit, and possibly blowing the motor if it's done to far. That would put an interesting twist in drag racing.

Yes, that would only be fair.

A Golf with original 1.8 16V KR engine can be tuned to have over 1000hp.

Would it make sense to have this in GT6? I doubt it.

A Golf with original 1.8 16V KR engine can be tuned to have over 1000hp.

Would it make sense to have this in GT6? I doubt it.
Yeah well I'm talking about the obvious cars. I'm sure they don't have time to comb through all the dupes on the car list. It doesn't have to be exactly like real life, but should be somewhat close.

Edit: but wouldn't it be fun destroying some ricer in one

Last edited:
Yeah well I'm talking about the obvious cars. I'm sure they don't have time to comb through all the dupes on the car list. It doesn't have to be exactly like real life, but should be somewhat close.

Edit: but wouldn't it be fun destroying some ricer in one?
You can tune civics to over 1000hp as well...

You can tune civics to over 1000hp as well...
Where did I mention civics?

Edit: if you're referring to my use of the word "ricer", it has absolutely nothing to do with honda. I mean it as anyone who goes and buys the most expensive car in the game and brings online to drag only to have it dusted by a monster vw golf.

All the parts you can put on cars in the GT series have always been bolt-on, you can't really "tune" them.

Never seen a single Calvalier here in Switzerland.
Lmao... Haven't seen a civic this bad
image.jpg

lol haters gonna hate. But i happen to lice riced up cars like that. Im going to do it to my car too depending on what i get next.
I don't doubt that at all. There's a kid at my school that bought the fwd eclipse, painted it neon orange and green, then threw on some Lambo doors. It came complete with a huge fake tank of NOS. Now for the icing on the cake.... He's about 6 foot 6 :lol:

i actually like that car a lot. lol
Can't say I like it a lot, but I've seen (and likely heard) much worse coming out of the tuning shop across the street from my house.:drool:
How anyone can think a teeth grinding whine that can be heard a mile away is cool is beyond me. Especially when such "mods" rarely include any real performance boosts.

Back