Realistic horsepower levels

Are you satisfied with the current hp depictions?

• Total voters
I saw a photo of "turbo boost level" in one of the leaked threads.

Are you sure it was a boost level for the turbo? It looked like a carry over for the nitrous that we were given in GT4 I didn't see any wording of PSI/bar boost

Just tuned a SRT Viper GTS, 1390hp!!! Also tuned the GT500 and it has 1100hp!! Pics soon

I like this, it gives me some hope.

Just tuned a SRT Viper GTS, 1390hp!!! Also tuned the GT500 and it has 1100hp!! Pics soon
YES!!! Please post pics as soon as possible!!!

Edit: Also, if possible, build a Mitsubishi 3000gt mr and a supra to see if they've worked on the standard cars aswell. :D

Last edited:
Gran Turismo has had a habit of doing this both right and wrong. For cars with smaller engines, they make a "realistic" amount of horsepower fully built. But turbos in this game must be really tiny. They add absurdly low amounts of horsepower more often than not. I'm not saying everything should have 1500 horse or so, but at least let certain cars get over 900. This isn't the early 2000s anymore, 1000 horsepower cars are common. I mean, we have SSR7. Let us go nuts on it.
Good points. A perfect axmaple would be the cars that gain 5-10HP off of a "turbo" installation. Presumably they mean one of those little 1 PSI electronic superchargers? :lol:

Professional drag racing see that many ibs of boost all the time.

Can you please elaborate on the revamped drag racing you mentioned earlier?
We were just going off on an annoying tangent at that point haha but yeah. In one of the trailers, we see a mustang gt500 burning out on a designated drag strip with what appeared to be another lane and a light tree. The burnout seemed a lot more realistic than in GT5 probably due to the new physics and tire models.

SRT Viper GTS '13
20131130_201240.jpg
20131130_201451.jpg
20131130_201240.jpg
20131130_201451.jpg
20131130_201451.jpg

Uploading a video of the SRT Viper GTS Speed run. Will take a couple of hours.

That's pretty cool. Would it be possible for you to tune a car that was also in GT5, such as an old Challenger/Mach 1 Mustang? I'd like to see if they can get better than the 700-750 ish that they got tuned in GT5. Thanks if you get the time.

The problem is that earning money is alot harder than GT5. It took me a whole night just to buy 3 cars and tune them, the Nova, GT500, and SRT Viper.

Last edited by a moderator:
The problem is that earning money is alot harder than GT5. It took me a whole night just to buy 3 cars and tune them, the Nova, GT500, and SRT Viper.
Fair enough, don't worry about it. Was just curious if they'd changed any of the cars from the previous game, since the new cars that you've tuned seem pretty good on the BHP limits. Cheers for the info you've given us!

All we really need, is ECU mapping and Boost Controllers (with a realistic limit of maybe 40-45psi) to get bigger power levels.

But then we still have the problem of those "bolt-on" Stage1/2/3 parts, and there would have to be a limit on certain engines where you can't increase the boost any further until you upgrade etc.

Although, making the tuning more in-depth, no matter how much we would love it, would actually be a turn-off for younger players and the casuals. This is the only reason Kaz likes to keep it simplified, in my opinion.

You can buld just about any car for 1000hp if the money is right. You have to draw the line. We can't have 1000hp civics ramming the drag strips. a 1000hp viper sounds more reasonable.

You can buld just about any car for 1000hp if the money is right. You have to draw the line. We can't have 1000hp civics ramming the drag strips. a 1000hp viper sounds more reasonable.

Why not? You just said it yourself, you can just about build any car to 1000hp.

You're just being biased. ;)

If more cars were capable of that power in-game, it wouldn't be the boring same old 2 or 3 high powered cars that we see all the time.

Variation is good.

We absolutely need 1000 horsepower Civics. There's no reason that most of the two-liter (or less) engine cars get limited to like 300-400 horsepower. It's bonkers. If more cars could achieve worthwhile power levels, you'd see more variety on the drag strip and in SSR7. Forza suffers from the same thing and it's BS.

I think at the VERY least, a lot of cars should should receive a 2-300 peak horsepower bump. Possibly even more.

Those engines are producing their power pretty high in the rev range. Does that mean that high power tuning actually causes large upwards shifts in the RPM band again, like it last did in GT2?

Tuning the STREET cars to real world builds should be good if we're able to. Adding extra parts to the race cars is still out of the question for me. I would like to build a Super Snake in GT6.

Addition:

Are those numbers with the power limiter kept at 100% @GT'S BiG FaN?

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back