Rear-Wheel-Drive Non Racing Car Super Lap: Apricot Hill Raceway

• Thread starter JogoAsobi
  • 125 comments
I spoke of having this same problem in the current Academy TT but everyone thought I was crazy. I guess now that a more respected member of the community has experienced this same problem it will be taken more seriously or given more thought.
I thought I was crazy to and I thought it my driving was going off until I reset the game and it was fine but if you do not take TTs seriously you may not know if this is happening. Hey GTP_CargoRatt did you remember you and I had similar problem after an update.

I thought I was crazy to and I thought it my driving was going off until I reset the game and it was fine but if you do not take TTs seriously you may not know if this is happening. Hey GTP_CargoRatt did you remember you and I had similar problem after an update.
I thought the same :lol: Well i'm glad i'm not the only one experiencing it. It feels like the ballast weight shifts from the rear to the front and the car will just not turn as good.
I remember stiffening the rear suspension a little just to get a bit of understeer and the bug happened there too because it was way over exaggerated. I couldn't turn the bloody thing.

Haven't noticed a difference in feel between sessions but only done about 3-4 on this one.

129.276 with slightly modded Crank tune. 👍

Newish track for me so still struggling for consistency in some areas. Probably a 128.9xx is achievable though.

I thought the same :lol: Well i'm glad i'm not the only one experiencing it. It feels like the ballast weight shifts from the rear to the front and the car will just not turn as good.
I remember stiffening the rear suspension a little just to get a bit of understeer and the bug happened there too because it was way over exaggerated. I couldn't turn the bloody thing.
There is a bug somewhere at PD hardware.

Yep, I remember. Unfortunately for community members like you and I, (non-aliens or otherwise "popular" members) such claims usually just get dismissed as crazy or irrelevant until a member with more "clout" comes along and makes the same claim. Only then does it become relevant. No offense Crank, but that's just the way these forums seem to roll.

Non taken :P I asked a friend about this bug and he says it has been active for quite a while now though he hasn't experienced it himself, he said some members on GTRP have.
Somebody needs to make a thread about this to get the word out to PD, otherwise it'll never get fixed.

Non taken :P I asked a friend about this bug and he says it has been active for quite a while now though he hasn't experienced it himself, he said some members on GTRP have.
Somebody needs to make a thread about this to get the word out to PD, otherwise it'll never get fixed.
And whoever does make the thread, don't forget to mention that ones best ghost won't load either when a session is started.

Yes chasing my own ghost is not much fun, especially when it's behind me as I have to slow down to let it pass :D

Just a tip (most of you probably know this anyway) but important to change gear around 10,000 rpm (before redlining) otherwise you lose some speed on the straights.

Had another go in the Suzuki this afternoon and did a bit of work on the tune.

Improved to 1'28.807 for 6th

Here's the tune...

Suzuki GSX-R/4 '01
Ride 100 100
Spring 4.00 5.00
Bound 4 4
Rebound 3 3
ARB 5 5
Camber 0 0
Toe 0.00 +0.05
Brakes 7 3

Gears (set max speed to min, then set individual gears)
1st 5.149
2nd 3.565
3rd 2.857
4th 2.377
5th 2.029
6th 1.770
Final 3.371

LSD 10 10 5

Power 98.5%
Racing exhaust
Catalytic Convertor

Ballast 200kg at pos 0

Chassis strengthening

Had another go in the Suzuki this afternoon and did a bit of work on the tune.

Improved to 1'28.807 for 6th

Here's the tune...

Suzuki GSX-R/4 '01
Ride 100 100
Spring 4.00 5.00
Bound 4 4
Rebound 3 3
ARB 5 5
Camber 0 0
Toe 0.00 +0.05
Brakes 7 3

Gears (set max speed to min, then set individual gears)
1st 5.149
2nd 3.565
3rd 2.857
4th 2.377
5th 2.029
6th 1.770
Final 3.371

LSD 10 10 5

Power 98.5%
Racing exhaust
Catalytic Convertor

Ballast 200kg at pos 0

Chassis strengthening
sorry what is chasis strengthening)

sorry what is chasis strengthening)
I think that's Body Rigidity improvement (find it in Pit Service)
...And thanks for the tune Stotty. Will try to improve on my 1.29.531 with it!

EDIT: As Stotty hasn't mentioned rear wing, i suppose it isn't installed. But i already had it installed, so i set it to minimum (5), but found it harder to drive than my previous setup (i'm on a DS3) -So i went back to max downforce (20) and then it took less than an hour to make a small improvement to 1.29.478 -Considering there is no ghost to follow on this TT, i'm impressed; so thanks Again Stotty!:cheers:

Last edited:
hmm, got 1:28.371 and lost about a tenth in the hairpin, maybe more in fact...
I think I'll go for gold anyway, even tho I said to myself I would'nt.
Will post my setup later, but its close to cranks setup...

et_
hmm, got 1:28.371 and lost about a tenth in the hairpin, maybe more in fact...
I think I'll go for gold anyway, even tho I said to myself I would'nt.
Will post my setup later, but its close to cranks setup...
Try and get it without using Active Steering, i dare you :sly:

Thanks for the tunes guys, they were a massive help. Gave it my first bash today and down to a 1:28.970 which puts me currently p16.......This was done on a pad, with no aids apart from ABS set to 1.

Think I may have a couple of tenths left on this current setup.

As Stotty hasn't mentioned rear wing, i suppose it isn't installed. But i already had it installed, so i set it to minimum (5), but found it harder to drive than my previous setup (i'm on a DS3) -So i went back to max downforce (20) and then it took less than an hour to make a small improvement to 1.29.478 -Considering there is no ghost to follow on this TT, i'm impressed; so thanks Again Stotty!:cheers:

Yeah, I'm not using the wing.

I tried a number of combinations of wing, rear toe & LSD decel to manage the rear end on entry, but found chassis strengthening/reinforcement to be the most effective modification - allowing me to run much less rear toe and LSD decel.

Compared to some cars, this one is not a really tricky car to drive with the pad (I'm pretty rubbish with the DS3 and ran mid 29's when I tried it briefly), but a wing would help further manage the rear under braking/turning.

I tend to like cars that rotate very quickly.

Crank, I couldn't try your set up as the photos of your setup was a little blurry on my phone, what have you got installed ?:-)

What a joy, there's no cone in site, and you can exploit the track freely :lol:

What an flow of endorphin :P I'm actually kinda surprised of my own reaction...

If you have the time, that would be great :) did I notice an earlier post saying you had an old change as well?

Very nice lap by the way :)
It's no problem, i'll edit it over the current one. And thanks :)

EDIT: Reposted.

Last edited:
Down to 1.28.333 and I'd say I'm done now. there are other seasonals to do:)
Congrats @CRANK_U1 I think you'll take this one because rajman usually dont come back towards the end. maybe eddy will make a run for it. we'll see.

My setup is pretty much Cranks tune, just slightly modified to suit me:P

et_
Down to 1.28.333 and I'd say I'm done now. there are other seasonals to do:)
Congrats @CRANK_U1 I think you'll take this one because rajman usually dont come back towards the end. maybe eddy will make a run for it. we'll see.

My setup is pretty much Cranks tune, just slightly modified to suit me:P
Thanks Elias 👍 :) Yeah, i think he's done too. He messaged me "respect :)"

Latest Posts

Back