Red Bull RB11 launch

qU7HoUK.jpg

From this image you can see they have changed the wheel to one with a full display.. kind of a shame I think, I loved the old X wheel they used... but changing times and all that!

Edit:

x17d2iD.jpg

slightly better angle on it

qU7HoUK.jpg

From this image you can see they have changed the wheel to one with a full display.. kind of a shame I think, I loved the old X wheel they used... but changing times and all that!

Edit:

x17d2iD.jpg

With the restrictions on radio conversation topics it was going to need to be a full display to relay all the info across

qU7HoUK.jpg

Edit:

x17d2iD.jpg

It's to compensate for the fact they don't have the ability to get as much engineering info over the radio. A Display is better suited.

Rocking the blown wheel-nut too?

frontwing1qul6.jpg

It should be a carry over of the entire blown wheel hub that Ferrari and Williams improved on last year that ^(RBR) innovated but banned from using in 2012 I believe. So it being back on the RBR in a better capacity...should worry some.

Since the hole is static the entire time, it is legal. So I'm sure many teams may start running this option if not already.

Why oh why don't people have the guts to run a livery like that all season, all kinds of awesome.
Probably because it would be hard to see.

Although it might work if it was white logos on a black base, with the camouflage detail in silver, blue and red.

Well in MotoGP the 2015 Repsol Honda will be running a Black and white bike due to the new Redbull sponsership, could be part of a new branding colour.

Bike in question:
honda-s-2015-motogp-bike-s-new-livery-and-sponsors-first-look-before-first-test-in-valencia-spain.jpg

Under the 2nd image at the lower part of the website it says

"The design is finalised, ready for the paint shop"

Back on the subject of the RB11, Red Bull have taken the unusual step of sending Daniil Kvyat out sans front wing.

Predictably, he's sixteen seconds off the pace.

Back on the subject of the RB11, Red Bull have taken the unusual step of sending Daniil Kvyat out sans front wing.

Predictably, he's sixteen seconds off the pace.
what do you mean sans front wing?

Nvm just saw he is using no front wing, very interesting

According to a post on F1 Technical, Christian Horner confirmed that the team currently has no replacement front wing at the circuit. There's some significant damage to the pylon seen here in the first photo:

Daniil-Kvyat-Toro-Rosso-Formel-1-Test-Jerez-2-Februar-2015-fotoshowImage-d12441c2-840722.jpg

Daniil-Kvyat-Toro-Rosso-Formel-1-Test-Jerez-2-Februar-2015-fotoshowImage-161e3fb7-840663.jpg

Last edited:
According to a post on F1 Technical, Christian Horner confirmed that the team currently has no replacement front wing at the circuit. There's some significant damage to the pylon seen here in the first photo:
That's a very unusual place to take damage, especially if the rest of the front wing is okay, which it appears to be. I'm guessing Kvyat's run it over a kerb at speed - somewhere like Turn 4 - and the vibrations have damaged the upright. It's more a construction fault than a driver error.

Probably because it would be hard to see.

Although it might work if it was white logos on a black base, with the camouflage detail in silver, blue and red.

I was thinking if they double the size of the black shadow area around the sponsors logos they will be very visible, possibly even more visible then on the normal paint scheme.

Back