Registration page on eu.gran-turismo.com to be re-opened

Ireland
Dublin, IRL
PR1VATEJ0KER
na
Exact Quote from GT Academy Facebook Page
GT Academy Facebook Page
**IMPORTANT UPDATE ON GT Academy 2012 Registrations!**

Hello to all GT Academy 2012 entrants and well done on a very hard-fought Qualification.
We have received reports that some people had difficulty in registering on gran-turismo.com towards the end of the qualifying period. We are concerned that there may be players who finished with a quick enough lap time around the Motegi East course to qualify for their country or territory final, but were unable to register their details in time.
To ensure that we do our utmost to rectify the situation, the registration page on eu.gran-turismo.com has now been re-opened from 13:00GMT on Wednesday, 27 June until 16.00GMT / 17.00BST / 18.00CEST on Thursday, 28 June. (Note: Due to the proximity of the Spanish national finals, this does not apply for Spain. Any competitor in the top 16 who had not registered should have been contacted directly. If not, please message us as soon as possible via Facebook).
If you finished within the top 25 in your country/territory group, you fulfil the eligibility criteria for the GT Academy 2012 competition (see below) and you would like to have the chance to compete in the National Finals events, then we suggest that you register your details on eu.gran-turismo.com. While less than 25 people will proceed to the National Finals, in the event that some players do not register or do not wish to progress further in the competition we shall contact the next fastest finisher on the list until we have the right number for the National Final event.
We do appreciate that some people who were on the leaderboard may have chosen not to register as they do not wish to proceed further or are not eligible. Full terms and conditions remain online at eu.gran-turismo.com, but the main points are as follows:
• Entrants must be over 18 years of age, resident in the country in which they entered GT Academy, have a full driving licence and a valid passport
• Entrants who have previously attended the GT Academy Race Camp at Silverstone are not eligible
• Any player that has an existing race licence or who has raced regularly in any form of national four-wheeled motor sport is not eligible
There are other eligibility criteria included in the full terms and conditions and so, if in doubt, please check these thoroughly.
If players have not registered by 16.00GMT/17.00BST/18.00CEST on Thursday, 28 June, they will not be eligible to participate in the National Finals.
If you were in the top 25 for your country and chose not to enter, then please feel free to drop us a line via messages on the Facebook page (www.facebook.com/gtacademy ) to let us know why.

Source: http://www.facebook.com/GTAcademy

Until now I still have not got the email from them. Anyone in the top16 already got the email? I've already registered last week so should I register once again?

No I haven't. But I expect we won't get an email for a while. The second newest post on the facebook page says

"If your were quick enough to make it into the top 16 in your territory, you will be contacted in the forthcoming weeks."

Edit: did you receive the confirmation email which was sent as soon as you registered?

No I haven't. But I expect we won't get an email for a while. The second newest post on the facebook page says

"If your were quick enough to make it into the top 16 in your territory, you will be contacted in the forthcoming weeks."

Edit: did you receive the confirmation email which was sent as soon as you registered?

Good to know I'm not the only one :D I did receive the confirmation email for my registration earlier though

I was contacted this morning. No information yet though. Also, Poland has already had it's national final and Spain's is this weekend.

I was contacted this morning. No information yet though. Also, Poland has already had it's national final and Spain's is this weekend.

Blimy that was quick with the polish national and spanish national!! Not been contacted yet myself I won't panic till Friday haha :P. Any news on dates of our national Des?

Blimy that was quick with the polish national and spanish national!! Not been contacted yet myself I won't panic till Friday haha :P. Any news on dates of our national Des?

They contacted me to say they had re-opened the registration so couldn't confirm whether I was in the top 16 eligible people yet.

Any news on where the final will be held Tidgney? (Martin I believe?) :)

They contacted me to say they had re-opened the registration so couldn't confirm whether I was in the top 16 eligible people yet.

Any news on where the final will be held Tidgney? (Martin I believe?) :)

It is Martin ;), I have no idea, still waiting for the confirmation I'm in at the moment :P!

I registered the day it was open and got the confirmation email. However I went on to register today to see if it would say you have already registered or something like that but it didn't. Do you think I should do it again?

I registered the day it was open and got the confirmation email. However I went on to register today to see if it would say you have already registered or something like that but it didn't. Do you think I should do it again?

That is what I was worried about and was going to try the same thing, I did the same as you on the day, so I might just see tomorrow otherwise might post a message on GT Academy wall or something.

That is what I was worried about and was going to try the same thing, I did the same as you on the day, so I might just see tomorrow otherwise might post a message on GT Academy wall or something.

I registered again. Can't hurt can it. Thinking they won't contact us tomorrow seeing as the registration has been extended. Maybe Friday?

I registered again. Can't hurt can it. Thinking they won't contact us tomorrow seeing as the registration has been extended. Maybe Friday?

Your right with that, although I don't remember typing in my address last time I thought they were in seperate text boxes may just be me getting muddled up but done the same :). Nice call mate :D! 👍

They contacted me and I didn't even register or bother to put myself in the top 16 lol how ironic.
I wonder how they got your contact details, hope they haven't skipped me, can't remember which number I gave, landline or mobile so might have missed them if it was landline. Luck is on your side, with the Gridsters and now being called about GT Academy spot randomly ;).

They e-mailed me @ around 11am on 27th/Jun

Thanks for taking part in this year's time trial. It was a closely fought one and whilst you didn't make it into the top 16 qualifiers, there is always a chance you may still make it into the National Final if people are ineligible or unable to make it to the final.

As you might have experienced, there was a slight glitch with the GT Academy registration. To make sure we have a full list of competitors ahead of the National Finals, we will be reopening registration on eu.gran-turismo.com from 14:00 today until tomorrow (Thursday) afternoon 16:00GMT/17:00BST/18:00CEST. If you do not register by this time, you will no longer be eligible for the National Final.

Last edited:
No, what's happened?!

And I think I might register again seeing as I think I'm right in saying everyone else is getting contacted who has registered the second time!

The UK & Ireland finals are happening in Silverstone. Makes a lot of sense since there's 32 of us this time. The Mansell suite in Brands would have struggled to accommodate those numbers with guests and crew.

Very interested to see what they have planned for us once we get there.

Awesome. Yeah it does make a lot of sense. Right I'm registering again lol.

Edit: 2 minutes after I register a second time and I receive a phone call!

Last edited:
Or dessy how they are going to word any future GT Academy event as they usually say 'not been to silverstone' :P.

But I got the phonecall in a meeting, so gave em a rang back after. Will be great to see everyone at the finals :D!

Latest Posts

Back