Relaxed, General FH3 Chat

• Thread starter RacerPaul
  • 8,220 comments
Horizon 3 will get a free demo available on September 12.
11f3b4cf05e204d630af3753553b3a29.png

I believe they revealed the Barn Find cars prior to release, but never specifically stated which ones you had to find.
I think it would be better if they did not reveal the barn find cars. That would make it more exciting to find them, not knowing what it could be.

Hate to sound mean but quite honestly, who cares? Not missing much imo
You honestly want to know who cares? I do. I'm a lifelong VW fan. Losing VW is a huge loss to me.

Maybe VW wanted a bazillion dollars
This is the only explanation that makes any sense. People can concoct all the conspiracy theories they want that justify their own beliefs but almost always require impossible hoop jumping to make work, but in the end, the simplest answer is usually the right one. VW almost certainly wanted too much money.

This is the only explanation that makes any sense. People can concoct all the conspiracy theories they want that justify their own beliefs but almost always require impossible hoop jumping to make work, but in the end, the simplest answer is usually the right one. VW almost certainly wanted too much money.

Did Chevy also want too much money to put the SS badges in? What about Toyota?

Did Chevy also want too much money to put the SS badges in? What about Toyota?
I think it's entirely a PR decision. I remember it being mentioned that SS badges were removed due to a complaint, so I don't think it'd be too big of an assumption that VW was removed to avoid any potential controversy. There's never been problems licensing their cars before and a good number of VAG companies are licensed minus Porsche though we know that Porsche is due to licensing.

I think it's entirely a PR decision. I remember it being mentioned that SS badges were removed due to a complaint, so I don't think it'd be too big of an assumption that VW was removed to avoid any potential controversy. There's never been problems licensing their cars before and a good number of VAG companies are licensed minus Porsche though we know that Porsche is due to licensing.

SS badges are in every single other game. Also, Chevy keeps selling their cars as "SS". And why drag a Celica into it?

SS badges are in every single other game. Also, Chevy keeps selling their cars as "SS". And why drag a Celica into it?

I think it's from Microsoft's side that all this is coming from. A case of super duper over the top political correctness and not wanting to offend the 1% that would be offended by the automotive term 'SS'.

Streisand effect. If Microsoft didnt remove the SS badges there wouldnt be any talk. By removing it, they get this constant 'buzz' and together with the "Stormfront" races....

ABout VW. I'm of the opinion that they will do a Porsche pack and a VW pack or maybe even roll them together.

Given the financial mess they're in, exorbitant licensing fees might be the true answer to the loss of VW. It'll be interesting to see any games from now on if they're included. GT Sport's licensing deal could've been in place before this scandal.

Yeah, but like what that guy said in the comments of the news article: Microsoft couldn't afford VWs but Sony could?

Yeah, but like what that guy said in the comments of the news article: Microsoft couldn't afford VWs but Sony could?

This could easily be the case.

Horizon 3 is licensing from over 70+ manufacturers, and over 200 more cars than GT Sport is. Not only is it licensing cars, but we've got new widebody kits, rims, hundreds of songs etc that all need to be licensed. VW simply might have been out of Playgrounds budget. I think some people tend to forget these games do have a budget and MS don't have endless revenue to burn on licensing fees for just one of their franchises.

This could easily be the case.

Horizon 3 is licensing from over 70+ manufacturers, and over 200 more cars than GT Sport is. Not only is it licensing cars, but we've got new widebody kits, rims, hundreds of songs etc that all need to be licensed. VW simply might have been out of Playgrounds budget. I think some people tend to forget these games do have a budget and MS don't have endless revenue to burn on licensing fees for just one of their franchises.
Fair point.

GT Sport's agreement might well have been signed before VW had a final figure on its legal bill or even before that on a multi-game deal. Given the VWs added to DLC in Horizon 2 and the latest R being added in FM6, it makes me think the latest round of negotiations were hiked to get as much for their license as possible.

Otherwise there's no sense in them staying away from one of gaming's most consistently regarded franchises.

VXR
Otherwise there's no sense in them staying away from one of gaming's most consistently regarded franchises.

VW's licensing advertising whatever dept. is probably in a state of crisis right now.

And coupled to this is that maybe the VW "fan base" isnt as rabid as other brands... eg. Lamborghini is full on commericial and it would be a huge blow for Lamborghini to not be in these marquee games but VW? Eh...

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back