Relaxed, General FH3 Chat

• Thread starter RacerPaul
  • 8,220 comments
Paused the download at 77%. Will resume tomorrow evening after I get home from work.

Ok, so it's officially a race now. I get home in 30 minutes(3 hours flew by :lol:), so lets see how this goes!
I just passed 8 GB download...

I doubt i will win anyway, after all my xbox is connected to a router upstairs via wifi.

I'm a little jealous you guys get to play the demo right now...

If you haven't seen the front page, I highly recommend it. You guys can have a say in what I do tomorrow: either drive up a mountain in a Jeep, our stretch the legs of a McLaren on an airfield.

This is just the beginning, there's other events coming as we make our way East across Canada.

Demo Impressions:

• FH2 was already a good looking game. FH3 makes it seem bad in comparison. PG are wizards. Easily the best looking game on the XB1 to date, although they may have sacrificed a bit of performance (bigger LOD pop ins, less AA) but the trade-off was worth it, definitely.
  • The physics feel refined; even more responsive than FH2 and just fun to drive. The feeling when you go through a body of water is a nice touch.
  • Drone Mode is awesome. Wish you could go a little higher though.
  • SKYBOXES
  • Sounds are amazing. Even things like crash and bump sounds are better than FH2.
  • The map feels way more open and alive than FH2. I feel like there's definitely more of an element of "I can see it, I can go there". (Atleast more than FH2). The varied terrain is going to add wonders to replayability
So far its such a huge step-up from FH2 in so many ways. I'm loving it and can't wait for release. Hats off to PG/T10 again.

Not being at home when stuff like this initially drops is the most infuriating feeling in the world. Downloading now.

Looking forward to seeing how my wheel feels with this.

I'm not going to bother with the demo. I won't risk getting an appetite as I'm better off without the game during the busy months ahead. I look forward to seeing the monthly car packs they'll reveal, and I'll probably grab it if sold at a discount somewhere nearby.

I just watched this first 12 minutes video... This may sound like a nitpick but seeing that helicopter in between the trees of a tight rainforest makes me wonder why they didn't settle for something a little more believable. I know it's just some gleeful action but still.

95%...
1457227233458.jpg

Back