Relaxed, General FH3 Chat

• Thread starter RacerPaul
  • 8,220 comments
Fully downloaded!!!! But I havto go to work arrgghhhhggg

Wow some of the dl speeds I see here are upsetting :(

I finished 18gb in less than an hour, start download, go for walk with dogs, back home, 16gb done... Shower and change for work, all in, but havto turn it off :(

I didn't get to play long enough to do everything in the demo today but you don't need to in order to tell this game is an improvement over Horizon 2 in every way. Playground really outdid themselves. My excitement has increased tenfold and I'm just glad the wait is almost over. :D

Can't wait to give the demo another run when I have more time.

Thank that you say the 6gb model. The 1060 3gb is nowhere near a 1060.

1060 6GB are very good cards for the price. Only when the prices normalize, though.

I got my 1060 FE for like 320$ after shipping, and with an over clock i do 80FPS give or take on Forza 6 Apex, on max everything.

and arg why does the PC Demo have to be after release :(

Ok, done with the demo for today, i will continue tomorrow(i'm not sure if i'll be able to decide which car to take then :D)

To keep it simple, the game is beautiful, had some real fun trashing the Maloo on the part of the map. Just driving normally feels fantastic.

1.png
2.png
3.png
4.png

And while i was driving i found maybe one of the first if not the first easter-egg in the game :D

In front of the houses there's a mailbox that you can destroy and when you drive over it, letters/pictures flying around. While the pics are blurry and it's hard to tell what it is, but i've seen some that were easier to see:
Easter Egg.png

A piggy bank with sunglasses and a plane :lol:

Update:
Call son to start download - Check!
Son starts download while dad at work - Check!
Dad comes home and demo is fully installed - Check!

Dad forgets it's season premiere of Dancing With The Stars! Should've checked with Mrs. Ykiki. Ugh.

Game is impressive, but for some reason ffb is really low. Cranked it to 100 and all is good. Cars handle better in corners but will still spin out if pushed to hard. Cant make the trans slip(although you could in one), and not clutching has almost no penalty(slight penalty in one). Overall driving feels natural. Should be able to get the drifts down before launch. Are we able to paint or upgrade the demo car, i can't find it

Last edited:
Okay, I decided that I'll just start the download tomorrow morning and the game should be ready when I at least finish my first class. I could come back for some playtime before heading to my second one.

The good news: My download has finished
The Bad news: I need to go to bed.

At least I'll have something to look forward to tomorrow as I'll need the motivation.:lol:

While it's a small thing, possibly my favourite addition to the map so far is the small dotted 'trails'. The trails are much thinner than the dirt roads in previous games so it makes it seem a heap more realistic. And will be great for some rally driving 👍

How long is the day/night cycle? Mine doesn't seem to be changing.

I've gotten used to FH1 physics the last couple of weeks so i keep flying hard into the turn thinking i can brake at the apexes and thinking I can make it :lol:

I think I've done everything I can,Robot the day-night cycle is far too quick in mine..:lol: I'm halfway up a hill and suddenly it's like where the hell am I?! 111 roads I discovered,does anyone know if thats all of them?

I think I've done everything I can,Robot the day-night cycle is far too quick in mine..:lol: I'm halfway up a hill and suddenly it's like where the hell am I?! 111 roads I discovered,does anyone know if thats all of them?
I wonder if i just have to progress a little bit more, hmm. I'll have to try again once i get home.

So now that down on the d-pad brings up ANNA, does that mean we've lost the ability to see our telementary?

Played up to where you get to pick a car.

I would say two words to express myself on here, but my mother and the AUP would hit me over the head. So...

Holy crap.

This game is amazing! I do feel bad for the dude that got airlifted in the Jeep in that exhibition event...:lol:

Still waiting on mine to finish downloading so I'll probably try it tomorrow, but I was watching a few videos on YT and it appears when you drive in tunnels, the radio stations go down, just like in the real world. That's a nice little detail. :lol:

Well I have now had my Xbox one exactly one 1 week, It has been switched on for one week, FM6, FH2, FH3 + Demo, BF + all DLC and 240GB later all downloaded now I have good internet. I am so glad I have brought the Xbox one as you can get tied up reading this and reading that about the power/screen rates and games.. but wow I am really liking all the Forza Series this time round and the Xbox one. I think the delay of GTS and with FM6/FH3 and the new Xbox one S out this month it may turn things around and equal or even outsell the PS4 S/Pro this time round. I can't wait to see what next year brings and have no regrets at all if anything I can see my PS4 slowly gathering dust....

FH3 is beautiful, I love the detailed saturated coastal roads, the dirt tracks and lighting, it is all the roads you want when you feel you have had enough of race tracks on FM6..They fit really nicely together.

The one thing I do love on the Xbox that PS4 doesn't have is the rumble/vibrate triggers (Awesome!) but miss the touch screen pad of the DS4 for handy things.

Back to the demo..more pics to follow ;) It was great of Turn 10 to throw in the full photo mode in the demo (even if the menu is now on the left after getting used to it on the right in FM6/FH2) and the full game having no delays at all and feeling finished even the demo. Well done Turn10/Playground 👍

Last edited:
Followed a blue XR8 around for a bit in tlmy "Hulk" plated Maloo. That thing kept pulling away. Love it. Can't wait for the completed game.

Back