Renown Tuning ™ Time Trial World Tour Competition

Status
Not open for further replies.
9 second is not "that close" I have the experience and know this track like my own hand, but believe me, 6:11 at this track is called the transferring of matter from one point to another in one word Teleportation

Which cars are classified as Tier 5? Isn't Tier 4 like the highest ?

No, the ALMS-spec cars are all Tier 5. The only one that isn't would be the Zonda R, but considering it's not an actual entry to any series there's no loss there.

What exactly do you mean by that first half of your statement?

In first have i mean. If someone did 6:11 in a stock car without any changes that means fast as hell, i did 6:13 with a lot of hard work and days of experimenting with the car. My time 6:20 is my average time at this track, this is what I'm taking as a start point maybe after long practice i could cut a two seconds but i prefer make some changes in the car that gives my quicker time at the Finnish line. So in a stock Zonda R 6:20 / 6:21 is my time when I'm driving miss Daisy, no drama, just an exercise.

-----------------------------
I'm not posting this as an official time attack. Just when i saw that OZR-MrB52 used Zonda F i decided to give my self a try and did 6:51. This is a night time driving and because of that not my best productivity, but still i think a clean lap. Tomorrow i will make Zonda R lap just like i promised, but i want to go in a day time, now too tired after long day at work.

My 3rd Time Trial was run and you probably think I'm mad, But I did it in the Bugatti Veyron. Not a bad car if you don't put your foot down to hard.

My Final Time is 6.54.580

My 3rd Time Trial was run and you probably think I'm mad, But I did it in the Bugatti Veyron. Not a bad car if you don't put your foot down to hard.

My Final Time is 6.54.580

I was considering trying the Veyron, but then I said to myself... "Are you mad?!!" :lol:

I'm nerving myself up for another charge in the Zonda R :scared:

Drove a decent single lap in the stock Zonda R, again with the accelerator sensitivity dialed back.

I tested on the Nordschliefe in the McLaren F1, :P because it and the stock Zonda R have a lot in common. There are some places that I just had to slow down for fear of the front-end jumping, but it was a solid lap for me.

I've got one more Trial to run tomorrow. I might as well make a hair-on-fire-Banzai-charge of it. :lol:

Hm. I hadn't anticipated how tedious this would actually be, so I'm extending the deadline to 12:01 January 18th.

I did three runs today and first was 6:17 but i did clipped grass like 3 times, still that was fast run i really pushed. So i decided to back off for my own safety, i went to options and TURN ON best line to just slow my self a little so i could just make a video of run close to 6:20:520

This time i used curbs and stone parts of edges at the track so I'm not posting this as record time. The time is at the end of movie as well as option view with PRO setting. No more runs for me ! i already used 3 chances and sorry for bag quality, but most important things are included in video.

6:35.802 my best So Far
i can do better
and i will :)

I think you and I are at about the same place on this one. My first time was 6:35 too. Driven cautiously.

My second run was a little braver, but I still slowed down at the three or four spots I most often have trouble with, even so there was one really hairy moment, but I didn't go off track luckily.

The third will be the "Go for Broke" run...:)

You can enter this one, but you have until the 18th.

Read the rules for round five and attack the track!

Best time i could set so far was 6.35.440, dam it was hard going from a tuned Zonda to a stock setting Zonda, i think the time is the same as my best or maybe a few seconds out give or take.
I will give it another go tomorrow as now i need to get some last laps in on tonight's tracks.

DSCF0055.jpg

second run was worse than first, for some reason i cannot get to grips with the standard tune Zonda i keep spinning it on the curbs but no worry all i need to do is hit the corners a bit wider

DSCF0052.jpg

second run was worse than first, for some reason i cannot get to grips with the standard tune Zonda i keep spinning it on the curbs but no worry all i need to do is hit the corners a bit wider

I've learned very quickly that applying throttle with drive wheels on the curbs in any high powered machine will quite often end up with you facing the wrong way.

I've learned very quickly that applying throttle with drive wheels on the curbs in any high powered machine will quite often end up with you facing the wrong way.

yea tell me about it i could beat this time by far a while back with the Zonda but then T12 spoiled us with his Zonda tune so now i am finding it hard to adjust back to the Zonda and its fury and anger when you nail that throttle in a corner, but what makes it worse is that i carry a lot of speed into corners leaving me with little room for error.
Maybe if i entered the competition a bit sooner i could post a better time but a well there is always the next round.

I ran my final Time Attack this morning (after 2 cups of coffee), and I don't think I've run a better lap of any track, in any car in this game. By the end of the lap I didn't even care what time I ended up with, I was so charged up. My Final Time is 6:25.41
So in honor of the rare event I videoed the replay, and of course set it to music, just cause I like to do that...:)

No, the time wasn't good enough to win, but it was a blast giving it such a good try! :D

I ran my final Time Attack this morning (after 2 cups of coffee), and I don't think I've run a better lap of any track, in any car in this game. By the end of the lap I didn't even care what time I ended up with, I was so charged up. My Final Time is 6:25.41
So in honor of the rare event I videoed the replay, and of course set it to music, just cause I like to do that...:)

No, the time wasn't good enough to win, but it was a blast giving it such a good try! :D

Great racing,great lap and in the cockpit like truth sim racers do...
CONGRATULATIONS:tup:

I'll post the results for the final round before the week is done.

Congrats to darkos. 👍

WTC 2 - January 27th-ish. :lol:

Great time Manny good job 👍
Thanks to TERRONIUM for hosting this competition, really enjoyed it had a good time.👍:)

Great time Manny good job 👍
Thanks to TERRONIUM for hosting this competition, really enjoyed it had a good time.👍:)

Thanks, it was as good as I could possibly do with that stock tune. Later I switched back to the T-12 tune (slightly adjusted) and beat the stock tune on the first attampt.

I'm already bored, not having a contest to practice for!!:(

You won't have much longer to wait. :P

I'll be closing this thread on the 22nd and opening a brand new one for Season 2.

Here's the current status of the WTC 2.

Points System

1st Place - 22 Points
2nd Place - 17 Points
3rd Place - 14 Points
4th Place - 10 Points
5th Place - 9 Points
6th Place - 6 Points
7th Place - 4 Points
8th Place - 2 Points
9th Place - 1 Point
10th Place - 0 Points

Rules and Regulations

1. Any event held under this competition is entirely subjective to the circumstances provided. The events will range from restricted to open base rules.
2. The use of any vehicle specified within the competition parameters will be used without any disagreement hereafter.
3. Any vehicle issued within a specific round will be tuned to the parameters of the track selected by the provider of the event itself. Private tunes are NOT allowed unless noted otherwise.
4. If any participant in the event is suspected of, or has been proven to exhibit the propensity to cheat in any round of this tournament will be disqualified immediately and any points earned will be distributed to the contender next in line.
5. All assisted driving aids must be turned OFF, however, the use of the Anti-lock Brake System (ABS) can be used at the discretion of the driver.
6. Damge effects must be set to Full, and the handling model must be set to Professional.
7. You must stay within the confines of the respective track, if more than two wheels touch any surface other than the track itself your lap time is invalidated and will not count.
8. You may not discuss your lap times until a final time is posted, you can however discuss your split times.
9. Track testing is allowed under the circumstances provided.

We're going to need at least ten players this time around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back