Votes: 2 16.7%
  • One Sprint Race and One Medium Length Race

Votes: 7 58.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Man I would LOVE a shifter. 👍

I take back what I said before about the karting, had a go today and its much more difficult than I thought. I seemed to remember being able to do an entire kart track flat out with only a slight lift for one corner. Did they alter the kart grip levels for spec 2.0 or did they change the tyres because it definitely seems like more of a challenge than I can remember? Btw the fastest I've managed at cape ring inside in the pdi 100 (was trying it out for our racing evening this Sunday) has been a 1.05.750. Can you tell me if thats decent? Though at that track there's only two points where you brake/lift at all so there probably isn't much time to make or lose, relatively speaking.

Yeah the tracks that you do in the Special Events are really simple, the Tokyo ones where as you say you just hold down the accelerator and have a slight lift every now and then.

I dare say there is a place for you in this current season (3) if you want to try your hand at it. Or alternatively some people have open lounges for practice. :)

I take back what I said before about the karting, had a go today and its much more difficult than I thought. I seemed to remember being able to do an entire kart track flat out with only a slight lift for one corner. Did they alter the kart grip levels for spec 2.0 or did they change the tyres because it definitely seems like more of a challenge than I can remember? Btw the fastest I've managed at cape ring inside in the pdi 100 (was trying it out for our racing evening this Sunday) has been a 1.05.750. Can you tell me if thats decent? Though at that track there's only two points where you brake/lift at all so there probably isn't much time to make or lose, relatively speaking.

I think you'll find racing Karts a lot of fun. As Tumble said, the racing is awesome, you can get in some epic battles.

I'll give Cape Ring Inside a go tonight to see where we're at.

Man I would LOVE a shifter. 👍

Yeah the tracks that you do in the Special Events are really simple, the Tokyo ones where as you say you just hold down the accelerator and have a slight lift every now and then.

I dare say there is a place for you in this current season (3) if you want to try your hand at it. Or alternatively some people have open lounges for practice. :)

I might do, i'll have to see what my commitments are like. How long in total is a typical karting evening in these series? And is it likely to be sunday afternoon or evening?

I think you'll find racing Karts a lot of fun. As Tumble said, the racing is awesome, you can get in some epic battles.

I'll give Cape Ring Inside a go tonight to see where we're at.

Actually, i've only just discovered that you can alter the gear ratios on karts so I was able to knock 3 seconds off that time from this simple tweak.

I might do, i'll have to see what my commitments are like. How long in total is a typical karting evening in these series? And is it likely to be sunday afternoon or evening?

Saturdays at 15:00 BST - Tom's lounge - https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=224831

Actually, i've only just discovered that you can alter the gear ratios on karts so I was able to knock 3 seconds off that time from this simple tweak.

Getting the right gearing for the circuit is crucial!

16:00 Actually Ken :sly: It's great racing Ben and it's all good fun. 👍 There are definitely spaces open as we only ever have around 8-10 drivers turning up. 👍

I think we both had 'moments' :)

From the OP of the thread:

'My Lounge will open at 16:30 GMT for the support race which will last approximately 10-15 mins, there will then be a 15 minute qualifying session and the race will start at 17:00 GMT'

I suspect it was changed somewhere in the thread and the OP wasn't updated.

I think we both had 'moments' :)

From the OP of the thread:

'My Lounge will open at 16:30 GMT for the support race which will last approximately 10-15 mins, there will then be a 15 minute qualifying session and the race will start at 17:00 GMT'

I suspect it was changed somewhere in the thread and the OP wasn't updated.

Nope, you are right. Brain Fade. :lol:

New 125 not a shifter :(
But it handles better than standard and I like it.

New 125 not a shifter :(
But it handles better than standard and I like it.

Awesome haitch, are you on at the moment? I'm just about to download the DLC and wondered if you fancied a race?

The new 125 kart looks funny, with that small wind shield :lol:

Indeed. :lol:

I can now confirm that for Season 4 we will be using 125cc Karts only, which means that DLC will need to be downloaded in order to participate.

Indeed. :lol:

I can now confirm that for Season 4 we will be using 125cc Karts only, which means that DLC will need to be downloaded in order to participate.

Good news tom 👍

Hope the Spa will also be included in the track calendar ? :)

Good news tom 👍

Hope the Spa will also be included in the track calendar ? :)

Let's have a wet race there! ;)

UPDATE: You may still enter in 100cc Karts but only as a Privateer.

Let's have a wet race there! ;)

UPDATE: You may still enter in 100cc Karts but only as a Privateer.

Yes lets do a wet race at spa 100% water. Great fun.
Although need to do a dry race too.

defenatly want spa on the callender though.

Last edited:
I tryed this tonight, diffrent body to other 125. Spa in the wet, good.
Ive had some races there allready, with other cars, slippey when you get to 100%, good fun.

haitch40
I just love this new Kart and can't wait till season 4.

Me too, had a chance to race it last night. Nice power, great in the corers and awesome feedback. I didn't think I'd be all that fast right away but I settled on pretty quick.

Me too, had a chance to race it last night. Nice power, great in the corers and awesome feedback. I didn't think I'd be all that fast right away but I settled on pretty quick.
I didn't notice too much of a difference, but if it is anything like the other 125, it will handle great until you get it fully broken in, those last two HP really make the kart a bit of a handful in some corners. At least these were my impressions with the 125 racing kart, will have to see about this new SPL.

I didn't notice too much of a difference, but if it is anything like the other 125, it will handle great until you get it fully broken in, those last two HP really make the kart a bit of a handful in some corners. At least these were my impressions with the 125 racing kart, will have to see about this new SPL.

Hmmm, I haven't raced the original 125 much, so going by limited memory :dopey:

I like the fact you have to 'drive' the kart more than the 100 or Junior, but it depends on the track too.

I really did like the feedback I was getting last night, for some reason it felt more noticeable.

I find it has more grip for example i tried a 125 and an spl at a corner on grand valley east and the spl could go a bit faster round corners and was more stable and less likely to spin.

For the season 4, both of the 125 should be allowed :)

Have not driven the new one much, but its got the same weight & BHP as the other 125 right ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back