RKM Motorsport - Tuned Tuners - May '13

Well, since the CR-Z battle was done, I was hoping to replace it with a Spoon Civic Type R vs Civic VTi-R battle, but I've been grinding back and forth for almost 4 hours now and have yet to come across one!!!!!! So if anyone's reading this and has a Spoon Civic, please please please I can have it? I'd give you a '00 tom's supra or a Jaguar XJ220 for it (once PSN is back up again, obviously).

I have a black one, I'll just put it up in the online cars to borrow thing if you want...

I have a black one, I'll just put it up in the online cars to borrow thing if you want...

Really? Thank you sooo much!!!! :D Shame PSN is still broken or I could have done it now or tomorrow, well at least I have the cars now. Thanks for helping me out!

Roj, c'mon stamp out more tunes already!!! Or I'd just spam the RKM page with all that RKM vs Real Life Tuner rubbish that I've got lined up. Either that or I might have to consider actually paying you…
But wtv, JUST HURRY UP WITH MORE :D

Roj, c'mon stamp out more tunes already!!! Or I'd just spam the RKM page with all that RKM vs Real Life Tuner rubbish that I've got lined up. Either that or I might have to consider actually paying you…

He's probably on a first come, first serve basis, and the tune he's working on is perhaps a car that was sent to him.

Patience, buddy. ;)

I've tryed that Black Edition R34 and the Vette tunes, my Vette is the ZR1 at over 854HP its a beast, with your tune it topped out WAY to fast and made shifting it kinda of rough to handle, I went and topped it up by about 60MPH and that made it alittle better to handle but none the less awesome tune. R34, um idk any compliants cept DAMN, Im going to have to crank its HP down alot cause im at like 770HP, Im a HP maniac and all but when I tone it down, i think itll be even better to handle and play with im thinking maybe 550HP wouldnt be to bad of a number.

Wouldn't it make even more sense to post a couple of tunes while PSN is down? After all, everyone offline means they can work on their cars, or even test new ones from RKM.

I would stamp out more tunes, but I dont have the motivation to. I wasted all my motivation the other week. :P There's 80+ tunes on the first page! I realise you've reviewed all of them but there's enough there to satisfy everyone else. :P :P :P
I've tryed that Black Edition R34 and the Vette tunes, my Vette is the ZR1 at over 854HP its a beast, with your tune it topped out WAY to fast and made shifting it kinda of rough to handle, I went and topped it up by about 60MPH and that made it alittle better to handle but none the less awesome tune. R34, um idk any compliants cept DAMN, Im going to have to crank its HP down alot cause im at like 770HP, Im a HP maniac and all but when I tone it down, i think itll be even better to handle and play with im thinking maybe 550HP wouldnt be to bad of a number.
Our Corvette is a Z06, so yeah, the ZR1 would need some gearbox adjustments during the transfer. Glad you like the cars! Oh and yeah, toning down the power does make the car more enjoyable around corners. I do like to put the hammer down in my maxed ZR1 though, much fun. :D
Wouldn't it make even more sense to post a couple of tunes while PSN is down? After all, everyone offline means they can work on their cars, or even test new ones from RKM.
I cant work on request cars when PSN is down because all the cars were in my gift box. :lol: And as I said to Onboy, the motivation is gone for now. It'll probably come back after I've gotten through these requests.

I cant work on request cars when PSN is down because all the cars were in my gift box. :lol: And as I said to Onboy, the motivation is gone for now. It'll probably come back after I've gotten through these requests.

Hm... motivation can't be gone.. it's relentless. You lie. :nervous:

Very good job! What can i say, that CASTROL TOMS SUPRA config is awesome!!! Thank you so much, did'nt try others, but promise i will ;) because SUPRA config is i think perfect on nurburgring (few minutes ago 1st in 4hour endurance)

Respect for this people who not wasting time on it. Good job really lads.

That Prius GT-R makes me curious. I'm going to have to rack up some money to try that out. But man, when I first saw the thread title changed to 'GT-R SpecV', I found it a bit hard to believe that it'd be an actual GT-R, since I knew that RJ completely despised it. That was some trolling there :l

On the other hand, I have a curious question for anyone:
If any of you have the 3rd Anniversary NSX, would you mind if you could test it out on SSR5? I'm curious on times, as I would like to compare it to the NSX I've been using; it was originally an RKM tune (Before the updated settings), but I ended up changing some things to suit my driving style. And, uh, thanks in advance to anyone who will accept this request. ;D

I'll be sure to write up a review of at least one of your cars some day now, haha...

Ok, I've been trying to hold this review off, but thanks to Roj's lack of motivation to publish some tunes, I'm going to have to review it. My all time favourite car, the Lamborghini Murcielago LP 670(780) SV. I've been dying to drive this car in GT5 since I saw it on Top Gear. It looked so over the top, it sounded so good, and it seemed special. It was fast as well. So why didn't I want to review it? Because I was scared that it'd be rubbish, like all powerful lambos in the game. I was scared that it'd become the Italian brute that Lamborghini has become stereotypically known for. That's why I'll be leave the power and weight stock for this review, I really don't want my hopes and dreams of driving this car to be shattered by a computer's inability to take weight off a car without ruining the balance.
Tested on TGTT
So, before the changes, how does it feel like to drive? Um…not too bad for a raging bull. The car feels alive somehow, the steering is quick and the car is planted. Thank god the guys at Lamborghini were paying attention when they made this car. This doesn't have any of the traditional Lamborghini stereotypes. It has the 4WD grip without sacrificing the feeling of taming a wild bull, it can outrun any Ferrari road car you care to mention and it sounds and goes like a proper Italian supercar should. It's very deserving of the SV badge, but things aren't all perfect. The brake feel a little…soft, the noise could be just that bit louder and although it has massive amounts of grip, when it runs out, remember that this is still a Lamborghini. It's still a wild, fierce piece of unhinged aggression just slightly tamed by a 4WD system. So when grip runs out, chances are you'll end up spinning off into the side of the track. But tame this animal, and it will blitz pretty well every road car you've tuned on the track. With a time of 1:09.473, it's just 3 seconds slower than its relative, the R8 V10. Quite a capable car then, now let's see what the RKM setup can do for it.
What the setup did, was take a capable car and improve it. By a lot. The laptime is down to 1:07.258, which puts it right up there with the Castrol Supra and Ford Falcon XR8, all of which are lighter and purpose-built race cars. This bonkers little bull hasn't had any power upgrades, nor any weight shedding, it's as it came out of the box, completely standard aside from the suspension and tyres, and it can already scare the crap out of some race cars if they're not careful. It still feels like a Lambo, and it still has 4WD grip, but the car can turn in even quicker, the 4WD can coordinate the delivery of power better and it's now even better than the little 5 year old boy inside me could have ever hoped for. It's fast, it's loud, it's fun, and most importantly, it's painted in bright orange. But it has become more than just a poster pinup that can murder race cars, it's also so nice to drive, its retained the madness in its Lambo genes without sacrificing the gentle side of its character. So…4WD, 670-780hp to play with, bucketfuls of attitude and character, fun, faster than some race cars and will only cost 500-600k to buy and tune…I think might be just slightly in love with this thing.

@Onboy123, Your talking about the overkill Lambo SV right? that orange orgasmic monster from Top Gear? Black wing and black body mods and such, if so then yeah! Im planning on getting one soon here myself cause awwwwww, brb need a tissue. Anyways, I use the ZR1 and that thing is RETARDEDLY fast, I simply CANNOT corner and shift and keep off the wall cause of that cars ungodly freaking speed, its simply overkill. Moving on to my now modded RKM style Camaro, which is running the Race mods, Holy F. That camaro is a corner ripping, straight line rocketing hell ride. I drove it once and almost fell out of my chair! As for PSN being down, Pardon the language Admins but its ********! BS BS BS BS BS BS BS! I know why, but it is still BS, I want to drop a car into your hands and see what hell you can raise with it! If you have one, I and begging for a S200 GT1 Turbo! Amuse spec! Reward? Do you need it? Side not, my next play toy is the Mines BNR thingy skyline, love my current one, but I am praying the BNR will eat my current one alive! Enough of my ranting and raving, Kick ass, take names, make money and keep rolling on with your skills boy! Also, any tunes for a SVT Cobra R 2000? Just curious

Looks like I won't be needing the Spoon Civic, I finally found one in the UCD after 4 days of grinding and resetting. So the Spoon vs RKM round 3 will come tomorrow.

Edit: Roj, chances are that PSN will be down for at least a week, worse case scenario it'll be down for a month. So are you telling me that your motivation will be gone for the whole time it's down?

Last edited:
I just wanted to thank you guys for all your hard work and responses on this forum. Sometimes its good to take a break from things and see how you feel afterwards. With PSN down its a good time to take a well deserved break.

There seems to be a lot of negative posts around so I just want to counter this with a little bit of positive.
Dont despair! All your hard work is greatly appreciated.

Good luck!

Since LDP went out of business and you guys (or more like only Roj) are swamped with requests, I get the lack of motivation.
I want to again thank you guys for your work.
As long as you stay here. Or perhaps not. Anyways, many thanks.

Bought the mines and tuned it last night, that thing is sweet as hell! If you kick it down to first on corner and Ebrake it you can pull some hella fun drifts with it. Wont beat my other skyline on a straight line but on corners itll tear it apart, now I got the GT1 last night and omfg, its FAST but it cant handle worth a crap, would the S2000 tune you got do it wonders?

Since LDP went out of business and you guys (or more like only Roj) are swamped with requests, I get the lack of motivation.

Have you got your 2000th post treat from Roj?

Hm... motivation can't be gone.. it's relentless. You lie. :nervous:
I am not lying. :P I just need a break, that's all. :P
Very good job! What can i say, that CASTROL TOMS SUPRA config is awesome!!! Thank you so much, did'nt try others, but promise i will ;) because SUPRA config is i think perfect on nurburgring (few minutes ago 1st in 4hour endurance)

Respect for this people who not wasting time on it. Good job really lads.
Thanks! I love the Castrol too, since GT1. :D
Ok, I've been trying to hold this review off, but thanks to Roj's lack of motivation to publish some tunes, I'm going to have to review it. My all time favourite car, the Lamborghini Murcielago LP 670(780) SV.
The SV is a beast and I'm glad to have done it justice. :D Thanks for the review! It's one of our fastest road cars so no suprise that its beating the race cars too. ;) Just so I'm not confused, you didnt do any power or weight modifications right? I wonder how fast it would be with all the specified mods. :sly:
Enough of my ranting and raving, Kick ass, take names, make money and keep rolling on with your skills boy! Also, any tunes for a SVT Cobra R 2000? Just curious
Our Z06 RM settings actually work pretty well on the ZR-1, race modded or not. It might help out your ZR-1. :) You're not joking about the Camaro, I've tuned one on sports tyres that'll keep up with race tyre tunes and even shoot a few down. :sly: PSN being down is a load of pony waste, I agree. :( The Amuse Turbo will probably be done one day and I'm sure an Cobra R will too. I wish we had a premium Terminator Cobra though. :D
Edit: Roj, chances are that PSN will be down for at least a week, worse case scenario it'll be down for a month. So are you telling me that your motivation will be gone for the whole time it's down?
Yeah. :indiff: I just need to play other games for a while. 👍
I just wanted to thank you guys for all your hard work and responses on this forum. Sometimes its good to take a break from things and see how you feel afterwards. With PSN down its a good time to take a well deserved break.

There seems to be a lot of negative posts around so I just want to counter this with a little bit of positive.
Dont despair! All your hard work is greatly appreciated.

Good luck!
Thank you! :cheers:
Yeah I'm swamped up to my neck and I cant even do a few requests during the outage because I cant get to the community tab in GT5 to get the cars out of the giftbox. :dunce:
Bought the mines and tuned it last night, that thing is sweet as hell! If you kick it down to first on corner and Ebrake it you can pull some hella fun drifts with it. Wont beat my other skyline on a straight line but on corners itll tear it apart, now I got the GT1 last night and omfg, its FAST but it cant handle worth a crap, would the S2000 tune you got do it wonders?
I dont think a tune built for a 300-400bhp "normal" S2000 would work wonders on the Amuse, but it should be better than the default settings. You may need to raise the spring rates though to suit the Amuse.
Have you got your 2000th post treat from Roj?
I gave him fish treats a few posts ago. :P
wow, it's so silent here, it's like a grave...so little activity going on...

PSN is down and today is the royal wedding, so I'm not suprised it's quiet on the forums. :P

@Roj, I have the cobra and the run I run seems alil um how shall I say, um, weak? Its killer to look at and omg sounds sexy but it just doesnt have the balls! Now with a tune it will for sure be killer! As for the Amuse, if PSN wasnt down I would donate mine to your research, <3 that car, OMG I love that car, its a riot and absolutely fantastic on corners but with a RKM itll be god.

P.S., WOOT! Im the first on page 107, ignore my wootness >.>

Here&#8217;s a question Jeremy Clarkson asked in an episode of Top Gear. &#8220;When was the last time you, just got up and went for a drive, not to anywhere, not for anything, just for a drive?&#8221; It was this question and the review that came after it, along with two RKM cars, that motivated me to do exactly that. To drive. And drive, and drive. For this &#8216;re-review&#8217;, I decide to ditch my normal testing ground, the TGTT, for something longer, and more German. The Nurburgring Nordschleife, the infamous thirteen mile race track with 73 corners which now serves as the ultimate testing ground of a car&#8217;s chassis. So quite a race track then, which means I&#8217;m going to need quite a car. Now, I suppose you&#8217;d expect me to say that the car I&#8217;d be using for this drive is RKM&#8217;s ring taxi, the M5. Well, no. That car&#8217;s far too heavy, far too powerful and far too big for me. I&#8217;m a novice here, so something which is forgiving and nearly idiot-proof is a must. After a great deal of time wasted on debating which is the top two I&#8217;d choose, I settled on these two. The user-friendly supercar, the NSX-R, and the best of the touring cars, the Castrol Tom&#8217;s Supra.

Right, that&#8217;s the cars and the track explained, now let&#8217;s get going. Dawn just broke over the &#8216;Ring and I have the track to myself for just one hour. There&#8217;s no time to lose, let&#8217;s go.
Starting with the Castrol. My god, this car&#8217;s just fantastic. No, better than that. It feels like the coming together of all the great elements from every great car you&#8217;ve tuned. Its got a hint of the mechanical feel that the YellowHat Supra had, a hint of the fire within the RX7, the calm and collected spirit of the DB9, the sense of stability from the Emperors and GTR&#8217;s, the drivability of the 370Z along with the all-round capability of the NSX. Put all these things together and add 578hp into the mix and you&#8217;d get this. A car that feels mechanical but will respond with the gentlest touch. A car which will make you fight it through turns for fun but will always be on your side when things get rough and the roads get slippery. For once, I can say that a car has no bad points at all. Well, nearly. There is only one slight problem with it. It&#8217;s not a problem with the tune, but rather a stupid design fault. The windscreen wipers are too damn small! I&#8217;m not joking, I drove one lap of the &#8216;Ring in the rain, and I couldn&#8217;t see a thing because the wipers couldn&#8217;t reach the far sides of the windscreen, i.e where the driver is sitting! But ignoring the tiny wipers, this car is in a class of its own. Let me tell you something, I&#8217;ve never actually liked the &#8216;Ring, I thought it was too long and too pointless, I thought you&#8217;d need to be mad to do a race here and feel anything other than boredom and dread afterwards. But now, I drive here at least twice a day in two cars, and it&#8217;s the Castrol that I keep on picking.

Now, I won&#8217;t go into detail about the laps since 1) I don&#8217;t know all the names of the corners so descriptions will be tricky and 2) it&#8217;ll take forever. But I&#8217;ll say two things. This is one of only two cars which have got me through the carousel at speed without spitting me off and also, with relatively conservative driving, I did a 6:50.402, which isn&#8217;t THAT bad. In fact, I&#8217;m rather proud of that time. Especially since it was just my second lap. And then, as I pulled into the pits and got into the NSX, it started raining. Actually it wasn&#8217;t rain, it was a flood. Thats&#8217;s 410hp, 1051kg on sports softs in rain so heavy that the visibility was next to nothing. Right&#8230;should be interesting.

And it is indeed interesting. This car, even in the wet, still feels like it&#8217;s on your side, working with you to make the most of the rain. The car grips remarkably well given the tyres it&#8217;s using, there is no actual fear of crashing that you would expect from driving a high powered MR on wet surfaces and nor is there any real hint of wheelspin, and it is just so damn good at drifting. In the first low speed section, I spent the whole time drifting, showering the barriers with the huge wall of spray. Mind you, this car was set up by Ayrton Senna, and he was a god at driving in the rain. So it&#8217;s sort of fitting that the car he helped put together has a place in the wet. And I was thinking that right up until the moment the outside rear wheel clipped the grass and sent me spinning into a wall. ****! Well, I guess I&#8217;ll have to wait until the rain stops to finish my lap. The rain carried on pouring down for a good 30 minutes, leaving me with only 15 minutes left to play. Still, the rain finally cleared. So out again for 2 last laps. In these semi-wet conditions, the NSX still feels like it&#8217;s driving on dry tarmac. Which means it&#8217;s just as perfect. Both compliant and edgy, soft and aggressive, a constant knife edge and but forgiving all at the same time. This car encourages you to drive like a lunatic, hurling the car from corner to corner. But even on the &#8216;Ring in these conditions, it&#8217;ll always catch you if you mess up, it&#8217;ll never throw you off. Ok, I admit, it bit me a few times and sent me flying head first into the walls on my first lap back on, but it&#8217;s really nothing special when that happens. What is remarkable is the grip it has. It must be the third or forth time I&#8217;ve mentioned it, but it really is that amazing how rooted to the road it feels. This car never fails to impress me, it always shows me something new about it with each drive. Really, it&#8217;s that good. And the time it did was 7:30.699, good or bad, I&#8217;ll leave it to you to decide.

Edit: Roj, yea the SV didn't have any modifications except for the tyres and suspension.

Last edited:
I'm so eager to try these tunes from RKM with my friends. It's such a shame that PSN is still gone.:ouch: I'm a reasonable driver and more recently a fan of most of the tunes i could test from here. I'm currently looking for a spot as a tester even though I've only been playing during the weekends i can help some.

If you remember, a few days back I did a RKM vs Nismo shootout. The point was to see which tuning 'company' made the best car. And RKM won. But Nismo were sore, so they sent a car over to see if it can take a win and restore some of their pride.
RKM vs Nismo rematch:

R32 GTR vs GTR S-tune

R32 GTR
Power:474hp
Weight:1245kg
PP:543
Laptime:1:13.456

Thoughts: This feels&#8230;well, like a GTR. Only not as numb. The car actually tells you what it&#8217;s doing, instead of hiding itself from you, not letting you know what the front wheels are doing and how much grip the back has. It feels like a proper car but with more computers. The tech doesn&#8217;t get in the way of the fun, it let&#8217;s you have fun while it blows the competition away with its laptimes. That laptime was done on my 2nd attempt, I wasn&#8217;t even too sure how to drive it properly at that point. I was just hooning the car from corner to corner, and then letting the computers sort out the problem should I misjudge a corner. I was the driver when things went well, but I became a passenger when the GTR started understeering as the computers just intervened, sent some power to the rear wheels and bang! Everything&#8217;s sorted out. This car may not be the GTR that&#8217;s loaded with tech, and nor is it the most powerful, but it&#8217;s easily the most balanced and will run rings around some 700+hp R34. It looks quite nice too.

Nismo R32 S-tune
Power:505hp (power was boosted up for a better comparison)
Weight:1500kg
PP:528
Laptime:1:14.483

Thoughts: This GTR doesn&#8217;t feel like a GTR at all, it doesn&#8217;t grip as hard, doesn&#8217;t go as fast and isn&#8217;t as impressive as a GTR should be. The car&#8217;s advantage, all the 4WD tech, seems to be taken away. There isn&#8217;t any computers in this GTR, or rather, it doesn&#8217;t feel like it has any. It&#8217;s&#8230;hard to say what this car is. It isn&#8217;t as easy to drive as a GTR should be now, it isn&#8217;t as fast as a less powerful version of itself, and it isn&#8217;t as grippy as a 4WD car could and should be. Odd. I think more weight should be taken away to level the playing field even further, but as things stand now, this really isn&#8217;t Nismo&#8217;s finest hour. Shame, I was looking forward to see it attempt to take down RKM&#8217;s R32, but it&#8217;s failed. It could do better if the 4WD was more alert, if the car didn&#8217;t have to luge so much weight around. To be honest, it would do better if it was left in your hands, but that&#8217;s going to be quite sometime later.

So, Nismo is beaten fair and square. RKM wins again!

And this week on top gear, Onboy123 test drives the new Bugatti veyron SST Overkill edition!

JK! Loved that, the *Ring* even to me was like wtf people! But after you run a lap or two your like sold by its challenges! Its like I cant do this but your stupid enough to say BS, this track is mine. Then you run the whole thing and go dang, now I want to see if I can do better.

wow, this is rare&#8230;2 or 3 days of deathly silence here&#8230;I guess everyone's on holiday somewhere else&#8230;
Anyways, Roj, when you eventually come back from your well deserved holiday, how about doing a followup of the Supra with the Supra 2.5GT?

Edit: Roj, yea the SV didn't have any modifications except for the tyres and suspension.
Bit late on replying to all this, I've been enjoying my break. :lol: Anyway, the Castrol is just superb and I love it to bits. It's everything I ask of it and actually if GT5 allowed, it would cope with 700-800bhp just as well as it copes with 600. Thanks for the review! Oh and I'll ask Bosch to send longer wipers next time. 👍

I think this is the first time the NSX has had a wet review. I cant drive well in the wet so I dont tune cars for wet conditions, so it's interesting to hear how it handles in the rain. Seems to have held up well though, considering. :lol: Thanks for the review! :)
I'm so eager to try these tunes from RKM with my friends. It's such a shame that PSN is still gone.:ouch: I'm a reasonable driver and more recently a fan of most of the tunes i could test from here. I'm currently looking for a spot as a tester even though I've only been playing during the weekends i can help some.
We dont really have a need for testers, it complicates the process and the current system of adjusting based on customer feedback is working very well already. Thanks for the offer though. :)
So, Nismo is beaten fair and square. RKM wins again!
Does the S-Tune have adjustable LSD's installed when you buy it? If so, that's why it feels like it has no tech guiding it. It's why all my GT-R tunes keep the stock LSD. 3-0 to us then? Poor Nismo. PD should add some of their newer cars to make it up to them. :lol:
wow, this is rare…2 or 3 days of deathly silence here…I guess everyone's on holiday somewhere else…
Anyways, Roj, when you eventually come back from your well deserved holiday, how about doing a followup of the Supra with the Supra 2.5GT?
I'm partying in Ibiza. :lol:

As for the 2.5 GT, I don't see the point really. The 3.0's settings should work with a little gearbox adjustment along the way. If I were to do another Supra, it would be the JZA80. ;)
What's the general opinion of the Ferrari F40 at RKM?

It's hot. :drool:

Quick notice - The Murcielago tune, it says it's the regular Murcielago when it's actually the SuperVeloce. I myself now have a spare regular Murcielago in my garage due to that =P

Back