Round 3 Final Results

• Thread starter GT Motion
  • 176 comments
Tissue's are available at most stores all over the United States - and they are pretty cheap at that.

All those that made it past the first round are "good" as it's the top 1% of the entrants. That being said, anyone who made the final cut are "great." If you didn't make the cut because "your region" had a lower cut time than others, you are still good - just unlucky to have people faster than you.

It's too bad that this thread has turned into *#$& measuring contest rather than staying with the initial intention. Congrats to the ones who will be representing the different regions @ the finals in Florida. And best of luck to those who compete next year.

Wow, you really just said that man? Unbelieveable, seriously man, I hope I get to meet you someday and see how you behave when talking to a man face to face. And remove me from you PSN friends list, I'm not fake and I'm not going to deal with someone saying something to me like that. Funny how I always go out of my way to show you respect, yet you always seem to show me none. This sort of thing is going to come back and get you in the end. It's called Karma. I'm done giving you any more energy, the fact that I even have to post someting like this is embarrasing but it needs to be said. You need to called out for what you are - tons of people think you are an ass - hole and don't say it, PM'ing me about it, and that's fine. Bottom line, I treat people with respect and you DON'T. It's easy to say the things you say behind a computer screen. You're going to have to deal with consquences of that. I won't be engaging you in discussion about anything beyond this post and the following paragraph.

Let me clarify so you can get it through your thick skull. Do I think it should have been top 32 nationally? Yes. I've been saying that since well before round 3 started. I'm not taking anything away from anyone, they all worked hard and deserved it. EVERYONE. How many times have I congratulated people SINCERELY??? I did not get it done, despite the circumstances, and I accept that and have said it repeatedly. And I am so HAPPY for all of the good people that made it and can fight for their dream -Blinside, Glenn, T/A, Conman and everyone else, REGARDLESS of me not making it. It's funny how everyone get's it - but you always want to take a shot at my credibility every chance you get and twist my words. Really I've never seen anything like it. Done wasting my time with this crap.

You think karma is going to bite me in the ass because I defended the people who EARNED their way into the top 8 of their region? You and EERS are acting like complete asshats for thinking they don't deserve their spots. I don't care if any of these guys think I am an ass hole like you say, thats their problem. I have nothing to worry about because I have never purposely tried to just "provoke you" I just disagree with you and you get butthurt over it like you are now. I am a bit blunt, go ahead and call me an ahole, in the end you made it just as far as I did in this competition I don't care where you or I finished.

Last edited:
OK you two, just get a grip and calm down. Nobody is that didn't make it is happy right now. People are using this place as a medium for their own rage/disapointment. So things will be said that aren't meant.

So just back the smurf up and calm down for a bit.

OK you two, just get a grip and calm down. Nobody is that didn't make it is happy right now. People are using this place as a medium for their own rage/disapointment. So things will be said that aren't meant.

I am cool, I just didn't like EERS comment telling people they didn't earn their way in, they only got in because of a flawed system when he knew from the start of the competition that it was about region not national. Then Forced quoted me, which started stirring things up with me and the rest is history, I was not the one who started talking to forced, he is the one who started talking to me, and I am not going to just sit back while he bad mouths me in a "polite way".

I know we need to drop it but almost every single sport works the same way, different regions and the top in those regions go to the final. I don't see how this is any different.

I do think they got the point however and are just pissed/venting. Either way I'm really happy for each person that did make it and I can't wait to here about the battle I Orlando!

+1

At least we made it through the entire competition before the fighting started. I guess its bound to happen when so much is on the line. Thats what makes for great competition.
Can't we all just get along??

Don't be like that guys you should treat each other with respect. He didn't really cheat that's why they didn't dq him the game was flawed. They fixed it and he still made it, he deserves it just like the rest of you.

was a joke guy... but regardless, i have no respect for people like that, they showed no respect, why should i respect them? im not getting into the whole "cheating" thing here, all i know is im not giving any respect to someone who doesnt respect the sport of racing, be it virtual or IRL, and cheats, and slithers their way in, ruins the comp, makes it delayed, and still gets in?? F%*K that.

(START SARCASM)i hold grudges, i remember people, and i dont forgive.

my motto? ONCE A BITCH, ALWAYS A BITCH. noone likes a bitch, and bitches get no respect.(END SARCASM)

Last edited:
was a joke guy... but regardless, i have no respect for people like that, they showed no respect, why should i respect them? im not getting into the whole "cheating" thing here, all i know is im not giving any respect to someone who doesnt respect the sport of racing, be it virtual or IRL, and cheats, and slithers their way in, ruins the comp, makes it delayed, and still gets in?? F%*K that.

i hold grudges, i remember people, and i dont forgive.

my motto? ONCE A BITCH, ALWAYS A BITCH. noone likes a bitch, and bitches get no respect.

Time to end this. Everyone has had their say and it's now time to move on.

It's very embarrassing to read all this coming from members of GTP. 👎

@PoTtHeD,
If this is the best you can do in regards to contributing to this forum then I suggest you should think long and hard about posting here in future.

Let's move on...

Congratz to all 32 finalist! 👍

I must say it was amazing how stressful Round 3 got for many of us, especially over the final day or two where it felt like watching the leaderboard was like watching a game of Russian Roulette. So to say the least, Monday was a wonderful, stress free day for me...away from GT5 lol. I'd also like to mention how awesome it's been to see all these new, electrifyingly quick drivers show up for GTA (fixbywire, Choate, 3wide, Blindside, TheCheef, Glenn Mcgee, Cudaman...I could go on and on) and showed just how much worldclass talent the US has. Anyways, I'll be looking forward to racing with you guys (and all the old pals) in Orlando in the not too distant future! :cheers:

I also wanted to send my sincere condolences to those (especially Forced, EERS, S diem, RackAttack...sorry to the others I forgot to mention) who were nipping away at the bubble spot or were bumped out at the last minute due to some unfortunate circumstances or possibly just not enough luck :indiff: In my eyes (I don't write the rules unfortunately) you guys deserved a spot in the final not only based on your abilities as Time Trialist but from my experience racing some of you and witnessing your abilities as complete drivers/racers.

All I can say to you is that if the passion for racing is still exist within you, use this loss as a reason to fight back, to find what you are truly made of, and to give it your all moving forward (Forced already knows :lol: And in any sport/competition the mental side is just as crucial as ones physical capabilities). And just as importantly, continue to learn and to improve and analyze your abilities every time you hop behind the wheel. And who knows, maybe this was a blessing in disguise. Such defeat only helps to build strength and character, which will only make you guys that much stronger (and favorites) when the next GTA comes around. Stay motivated 👍

Edit:
3rd in the Southeast made it in with a controller. PSN is L_Harrison

Sweet. We have at least 2 Harrison's in the final :)

Last edited:
Very well said TimeAttack :)

(thx for the mention BTW, means a lot coming from you. especially after seeing how masterfully dominate you can be in an actual race!)

....I can't say really anything more (and certainly not better) than that. But Congrats to all the drivers that made it through Rnd 3 and congrats to all the competitiors of GT Academy as well, Its scary how many fast guys are out there! Its been a great way to meet new friends that can share the same passion for racing.👍

I'm really looking forward to meeting everybody. I'm still not over not being at my rig at all on Sunday, that was one of the most stressful days I've ever experienced.

Seeing as I'm still out of the country until Sunday can anyone from the top 32 make a post once the organizers start contacting the finalists? I'm concerned they are going to send snail mail or call our contact numbers to confirm the required information to get to the next round.

Thanks guys!

In my eyes (I don't write the rules unfortunately) you guys deserved a spot in the final not only based on your abilities as Time Trialist but from my experience racing some of you and witnessing your abilities as complete drivers/racers.

Thanks for the minute amount of solace. :lol:

As I've raced a lot of the finalist, I feel comfortable saying you are definitely the one to beat. I hope Team Appalachia stops you in your tracks though! :sly:

Seeing as I'm still out of the country until Sunday can anyone from the top 32 make a post once the organizers start contacting the finalists? I'm concerned they are going to send snail mail or call our contact numbers to confirm the required information to get to the next round.
Just chill out dude. :grumpy: ;)

Congratz to all 32 finalist! 👍

I must say it was amazing how stressful Round 3 got for many of us, especially over the final day or two where it felt like watching the leaderboard was like watching a game of Russian Roulette. So to say the least, Monday was a wonderful, stress free day for me...away from GT5 lol. I'd also like to mention how awesome it's been to see all these new, electrifyingly quick drivers show up for GTA (fixbywire, Choate, 3wide, Blindside, TheCheef, Glenn Mcgee, Cudaman...I could go on and on) and showed just how much worldclass talent the US has. Anyways, I'll be looking forward to racing with you guys (and all the old pals) in Orlando in the not too distant future! :cheers:

I also wanted to send my sincere condolences to those (especially Forced, EERS, S diem, RackAttack...sorry to the others I forgot to mention) who were nipping away at the bubble spot or were bumped out at the last minute due to some unfortunate circumstances or possibly just not enough luck :indiff: In my eyes (I don't write the rules unfortunately) you guys deserved a spot in the final not only based on your abilities as Time Trialist but from my experience racing some of you and witnessing your abilities as complete drivers/racers.

All I can say to you is that if the passion for racing is still exist within you, use this loss as a reason to fight back, to find what you are truly made of, and to give it your all moving forward (Forced already knows :lol: And in any sport/competition the mental side is just as crucial as ones physical capabilities). And just as importantly, continue to learn and to improve and analyze your abilities every time you hop behind the wheel. And who knows, maybe this was a blessing in disguise. Such defeat only helps to build strength and character, which will only make you guys that much stronger (and favorites) when the next GTA comes around. Stay motivated 👍

Edit:

Sweet. We have at least 2 Harrison's in the final :)

Thanks T/A, like EERS said, nothing can replace getting there, but being acknowledged by you and others does help with the sting. I've always said it - I believe you are the man to beat in this competition, you are the complete package of hyper fast TT'r and highly adaptable, lightning fast race pace and battle skills the likes I have seen no one else compare. Every time I race with you, I get better, and it's been a pleasure doing so. My very best congratulations to you and you are one of the guys I am really hoping goes all the way, along with Glenn, Blindside, Conman, Fix (good luck Andre) and the many others that I have raced and had fantastic battles with, and know just how brutally fast you and all the others are in real wheel-to-wheel race environments. Please, take this opportunity (on behalf us folks who just missed it) and leave everything out on the table, (which I know you will) giving your very best to battle for the dream that we all have. Guys like you are the bar to shoot for.

And you're right, the next year for me is going to be training fueled by the gut-wrenching moments leading up to Midnight and the heartbreak felt afterwards. This feeling will not leave me, and cannot be quenched until I make it right - and go to the finals. I will be at different level come this time next year, and I expect others to do the same.

Get it done in Orlando and get your ass to Silverstone you alien bastard!!! :)

Nick

Yeah. I tend to get neurotic when I get excited about things, especially when I don't have my phone accessible or when I'm not home to get mail. It's all good, I'm sure it'll take the Academy a few days to get everything organized.

Sorry you didn't make it Dapper that was a shock; you have some serious speed, you would have been a contender for sure.

Yeah. I tend to get neurotic when I get excited about things, especially when I don't have my phone accessible or when I'm not home to get mail. It's all good, I'm sure it'll take the Academy a few days to get everything organized.

Emails are being sent out right now. They have to be mailed or faxed, so hopefully there's a fax machine on that ship. :ill:

I think we all should not feel so bad about this, those who have not made it to Round 4. We are still amateurs and gamers more than anything... I think, and have other professional careers that we have persuaded in our life's ... otherwise we would probably be karting at age 7. I do track events with BMW CCA in New York area (about 5 hours radius), which I enjoy a lot. But still, it's a good dream, and hopefully next year we will try harder.

Here's a story for everyone. I'm the 32nd place one headed to Orlando. I mainly play Nascar sims on pc and never touched a GT game until 2nd week of January(no lie). In between 1st and 2nd round my ps3 got the dreaded ylod. Being only a few days till round 2 a new ps3 was the only option so went and bought a new slim. Thankfully I remembered my account details to retain my psn id. Then right after 3rd round the lamp on my lcd projection went out. No big deal really, but it would suck to go from 60" to a 32". Its going to be real cool to meet all of you in Orlando. I've only been in the GT community for a month in a half, but it seems there are some real stand-up drivers. Its going to be an honor to go wheel to wheel with some of you. Really to be honest didn't think I would even make it out of round 1 being new to GT. This is definitely going to be an experience not soon forgotten. Oh ya, I want autographs from everyone if thats cool. One of us is going to have a life altering experience like no other.

Last edited:
Back