Round 3 Final Results

• Thread starter GT Motion
  • 176 comments
Lol aawww.

Note: to all orlando finalists, turbo has a weakness when it comes to cute turtles with aggressive attitudes. (Choate:costume idea?)

I already have a weapon to deal with him- just before the racing begins, I'm going to set a laptop next to his rig with a browser open to a forum where a heated internet argument is unfolding.

Forcednduckshn
No one is a sore loser. Watch your words.

Based on some of the comments that statement is false.

Trying to take away from another person victory = sore loser.

I don't wanna fight but dapper made a crappy comment and he got called out on it, move on.

I already have a weapon to deal with him- just before the racing begins, I'm going to set a laptop next to his rig with a browser open to a forum where a heated internet argument is unfolding.

Doesn't work all the time. There's some heated exchanges going on in this thread right now and I'm staying out of it. I got what I wanted, just waiting for my confirmation email. :)

Edit: And I'm in a good mood this week. Shush. :lol:

I don't wanna fight but dapper made a crappy comment and he got called out on it, move on.

If you weren't speaking to me with that comment, fine. (I win and lose with class and would never try to take away something from anyone.)

If you weren't speaking to me with that comment, fine. (I win and lose with class and would never try to take away something from anyone.)

Serious: Confirmed on multiple occasions.

Kinda, not so serious: He loses gracefully to me all the time ;)

Oh I almost forgot, a big congratulations to all those who earned a spot at the finals! 👍

In FL, it will be anyone's victory to be had, and I look forward to racing and celebrating with you all :cheers:

Commiserations to those who just missed the cut. I am sure there will be a next time, and you'll have an honest chance at progressing even further. 👍

People with class don't have to tell people they have class.

I personally think the majority of time you do lose with class, but in this case you seem a little irritated that other people in other regions made it and you got cut, and your showing it with your posts.

Thanks Stig. And you're right, I'm very thankful that we even have an opportunity like the GT Academy. Here's to hoping it continues to be improved upon.

RE: practicing, I'll be back online going at it as soon as I get a new (properly working) driving wheel. I'm going to throw my DFGT in the trash can, debating on whether to go out and buy another one or just wait for a new one to arrive in the mail from round 1. <sigh>

Nick

Most places have a 30 day return policy.. Could you buy a new one and then return the one you get from the competition...? Just a thought 👍 unless you "want" the break from action.

I personally think the majority of time you do lose with class, but in this case you seem a little irritated that other people in other regions made it and you got cut, and your showing it with your posts.

Just because he mentioned it, doesn't mean that force doesn't have class - one of the first things that Forced did after the competition is post a message of encouragement on my facebook wall. Given the circumstances, and how it ended for Forced, that's a pretty amazing display of class in the face of a rough defeat.

The post I think you are referring to was pretty objective and factual, in my opinion. I think we are just seeing an internet disagreement because of a communication disconnect.

I'm not taking anything from guys moving on. The competition has been a joke from round one, besides there really isn't too much to take. :sly: The simple fact the US isn't going to be represented as advertised is not being a sore loser. In fact, considering the free stuff I won, and considering I beat almost everyone, I wouldn't say I lost at all.

Also, my comment was crappy, yet truthful. I said it days ago and it caught no attention.

Wow, you really just said that man? Unbelieveable, seriously man, I hope I get to meet you someday and see how you behave when talking to a man face to face. And remove me from you PSN friends list, I'm not fake and I'm not going to deal with someone saying something to me like that. Funny how I always go out of my way to show you respect, yet you always seem to show me none. This sort of thing is going to come back and get you in the end. It's called Karma. I'm done giving you any more energy, the fact that I even have to post someting like this is embarrasing but it needs to be said. You need to called out for what you are - tons of people think you are an ass - hole and don't say it, PM'ing me about it, and that's fine. Bottom line, I treat people with respect and you DON'T. It's easy to say the things you say behind a computer screen. You're going to have to deal with consquences of that. I won't be engaging you in discussion about anything beyond this post and the following paragraph.

Let me clarify so you can get it through your thick skull. Do I think it should have been top 32 nationally? Yes. I've been saying that since well before round 3 started. I'm not taking anything away from anyone, they all worked hard and deserved it. EVERYONE. How many times have I congratulated people SINCERELY??? I did not get it done, despite the circumstances, and I accept that and have said it repeatedly. And I am so HAPPY for all of the good people that made it and can fight for their dream -Blinside, Glenn, T/A, Conman and everyone else, REGARDLESS of me not making it. It's funny how everyone get's it - but you always want to take a shot at my credibility every chance you get and twist my words. Really I've never seen anything like it. Done wasting my time with this crap.

Last edited:
Hey Dudes! I'm on a cruise ship with incredibly expensive internet, so I'll be brief. As the red headed step child that finished last in the SE, I find comfort that I didn't turn a wheel since late Saturday night and I still had 3 tenths left in me to find on Sunday (if I was in the country).

I raced a lot with Dapper, R-1600 Turbo, El Z, Gar, Z-06 Fun, JPE, and some others, and we've all had ultra tight battles. So, I may be the goofball today, but I'm quite positive we'll have some fun and some tight battles at the finals.

:cheers:

Hey Dudes! I'm on a cruise ship with incredibly expensive internet, so I'll be brief. As the red headed step child that finished last in the SE, I find comfort that I didn't turn a wheel since late Saturday night and I still had 3 tenths left in me to find on Sunday (if I was in the country).

I raced a lot with Dapper, R-1600 Turbo, El Z, Gar, Z-06 Fun, JPE, and some others, and we've all had ultra tight battles. So, I may be the goofball today, but I'm quite positive we'll have some fun and some tight battles at the finals.

:cheers:

Damn you and your cruise ship! I've never been on one. :(

On another note, when I saw the final lists I was like "Spec made it!" :dopey:

For everyone that is moving on, know that you are advancing not because of your ability, but rather the destitute competition in your fictional region.

come on bro. ***** about PD...about sony...about nissan. but don't take shots at guys moving on. we all knew back in december this academy was flawed - and that the northeast was way fast - and we all moved forward with it.

Forcednduckshn

Nope I was just talking about the comment dapper made.

I do think it's sad for you guys however I understand why they split it up and how it's hard to deal with but it happens all the time not just in this competition.

I wanted to mention something no one's seemed to really address yet:

What you're looking at when you see the list of finalists going to round 4 is remarkable.

One of these men, some one, on that list - is going to become a racing driver.

Now, I've been following racing my whole life and it goes with out saying that the achievement of becoming a racing driver is nothing short of amazing.
Just realizing that one of these guys will get to race in real life because of this competition is surreal and it could've never hit me as hard as this before because I needed to actually participate in the contest myself to get a real dose of what these guys are made of.

Just as a word of universal advice:
The complete racing driver is not the one that has a cool head or a hot one. Athletes in any other arena can be one way or another but when it comes to driving cars on the limit it takes a whole 'nother set of mind in order to be granted greatness.
You need to visualize the win and settle for nothing less than absolute victory. Clear your mind and for those few minutes when you're on track racing for your life, you'll be free.

Good luck gentleman and maybe the best man win.

come on bro. ***** about PD...about sony...about nissan. but don't take shots at guys moving on. we all knew back in december this academy was flawed - and that the northeast was way fast - and we all moved forward with it.

How is saying the academy is flawed different than what I said?
You are just speaking less directly. I haven't a problem saying the actual flaws you skate around. Ability wasn't the deciding factor in round 3, or as you'd say, it was flawed.

I'm just really really glad that is over. That GTR has a god awful & very inaccurate physics model for its awd system. I have to believe that is why some people that seemed like shoe ins for their region didn't make it through. I know I spent about 5 times more time on Eifel because of that lovely GTR. I think they would have been miles closer to the real car if they had just copied the awd model of the R34 we used in round 2. The GTR is pretty amazing in real life, although for sure the awd system is extremely complicated. In the game it seems like they had to fudge the tire grip upward for whatever tires you are using to make up for the poor awd modeling. It just does not turn, and even if you do manage to get some rotation happening it will very quickly try to negate it.:banghead:

Really bummed EERS didn't make it through, was really hoping you would be at the finals. For a bit it looked like it was going to be me that was out as the Eifel 2'26.8 I worked many hours to get on Sunday would not submit for some reason. Of course it did let me save the ghost replay, not that that was going to be useful for anything:indiff:. At that point I was completely wiped and had 1.5 hours to try to get some kind of decent lap in before midnight. That was very stressful, and I got really lucky to get through.

They could do something smart and when they come across people who can not go to the finals, regardless of what region they are in, they could choose fill-ins based purely on time, rather than time & being in the region. The whole region thing didn't make sense to me from the beginning, if the was to actually get the fastest drivers to he finals

You are just speaking less directly. I haven't a problem saying the actual flaws you skate around. Ability wasn't the deciding factor in round 3, or as you'd say, it was flawed.

You cant say that the people that finished in the top 8 in the other regions didnt have any ability. Yes the guys in spots 9 - 13 in the NE may have had a bit more but that doesnt mean the people that made it in didnt get in on ability. It still took ability to finish in the top 8 in their regions.

Dapper

Ability was involved you just didn't like the way it was set up yet you still competed. It happens all the time, take the NFL this year, there where teams with losing records that made it to the playoffs and teams over 500 that didn't.

Just get over yourself and hope they have it next year. I know it hurts but just take the high road.

You cant say that the people that finished in the top 8 in the other regions didnt have any ability.
I can say whatever I want, but I didn't say that. 👍

Just get over yourself and hope they have it next year. I know it hurts but just take the high road.
Coming from someone a full second slower than me, you have no idea how it feels. Thus, you should heave your own advice.

Last edited:
Why are you being such a dick? You say things that imply you know who I am or what I do and the amount of time I get to apply myself to this competition. I knew i didn't have enough time to play so I gave in early, only had about an hour of seat time between Thursday and Saturday and none on sunday.
Not to mention I have competed my entire life in different things all around the world and I know exactly how you feel. I also know what a sore loser is and you are starting to fit that mold. Do yourself a favor and just drop it.

They could do something smart and when they come across people who can not go to the finals, regardless of what region they are in, they could choose fill-ins based purely on time, rather than time & being in the region. The whole region thing didn't make sense to me from the beginning, if the was to actually get the fastest drivers to he finals

this is why all professional sports have wild cards.
this is a bit tired now though. blindside and I were talking about this in week 1 of round 1 how the NE was going to be unbelievable in its brutality and that very fast people were going to be getting cut.

Forced & EERS both deserve to be at finals imo... I also wish it was the top 32 nationwide instead of regions..

They are expressing their opinions, not looking down on others. Its actually pretty ironic how some are calling them losers 👎

as for me, I will come back next year and run harder.

good luck to everyone at the finals, see you next year.

cheers,
cenk

Back