Round 3 Final Results

• Thread starter GT Motion
  • 176 comments
matter fact, NONE of the guys that were cheating so much on indy were anywhere CLOSE to the top. pisses me right off man.....

Except Doctor Ill. There wasn't a cheat he didn't like. I wouldn't mind seeing him DQ'd and having that spot go to RackAttack in the West.

Except Doctor Ill. There wasn't a cheat he didn't like. I wouldn't mind seeing him DQ'd and having that spot go to RackAttack in the West.

Wasn't there a controller guy in the southeast as well?

Edit:nevermind, I was imagining things.

Last edited:

well i hope he has no friends, and he has a HORRID time in orlando. somebody buy that man an O'DOULS. and then pee in it.👍

Congrats Guys. Really looking forward to meeting everyone in Orlando!

Suprised (and sad in some cases) not to see Forced, Tha_Ghoast, EERS,
S_Diem, and TRC_Hunk make the cut.

Last edited:
5th in the west, 2nd in SE, and 3rd in Midwest is where I would have finished.

For everyone that is moving on, know that you are advancing not because of your ability, but rather the destitute competition in your fictional region.

For everyone that is moving on, know that you are advancing not because of your ability, but rather the destitute competition in your fictional region.

You deserved it man. You're one of the fastest and cleanest gt5 racers around. The regions were messed up for sure. I said this to forced as well, but for your sake, here's hoping one of the top 8 is ineligible or can't make it. I know you'd make an impression in orlando and I hope you still get that chance.

Actually there was a few guys who got in that did the cheating.

Cheating? Really?

We are on this crap again?

This is a game. Red time = no good. White time = Good.

It's that simple.

The game was programed in such a way that cutting the track created the fastest white times. People complained. They fixed it. And here we are.

However, people like DR Ill obviously know how to drive. (or at least e-drive) The fact that he cut indy in round two just means he knows how to drive and how to win within the rules of the game. (although I doubt many of us would have ever even thought of trying such a move without the replays explaining how otherwise slow people were getting good times.)

Catch someone rewriting code (changing their own rules), or having other people drive for them. Then I will jump on them.

There may have been cheating, but if there was, none has been brought to light.

(although the shifting thread was funny)

Cheating? Really?

We are on this crap again?

This is a game. Red time = no good. White time = Good.

It's that simple.

The game was programed in such a way that cutting the track created the fastest white times. People complained. They fixed it. And here we are.

However, people like DR Ill obviously know how to drive. (or at least e-drive) The fact that he cut indy in round two just means he knows how to drive and how to win within the rules of the game. (although I doubt many of us would have ever even thought of trying such a move without the replays explaining how otherwise slow people were getting good times.)

Catch someone rewriting code (changing their own rules), or having other people drive for them. Then I will jump on them.

There may have been cheating, but if there was, none has been brought to light.

(although the shifting thread was funny)

Calm down man :D He was saying there were a few people who made it out of round 3 who were part of the round 2 group of cheaters.

PoTtHeD
well i hope he has no friends, and he has a HORRID time in orlando. somebody buy that man an O'DOULS. and then pee in it.👍

Don't be like that guys you should treat each other with respect. He didn't really cheat that's why they didn't dq him the game was flawed. They fixed it and he still made it, he deserves it just like the rest of you.

Congrats Guys. Really looking forward to meeting everyone in Orlando!

Suprised (and sad in some cases) not to see Forced, Tha_Ghoast, EERS,
S_Diem, and TRC_Hunk not make the cut.

If there were two people that should have made it, it would be Forced and EERS, sad to see them not make the cut knowing that they'd be beasts in Orlando.

This! Round 3 should have just been a shootout for the top 32 spots.

If there were two people that should have made it, it would be Forced and EERS, sad to see them not make the cut knowing that they'd be beasts in Orlando.

This! Round 3 should have just been a shootout for the top 32 spots.

If I'm not mistaken, isn't that the format for the european GTA? 1 round where the top 20 progress to the finals, i think.

Obviously top 32 makes more sense for the US due to sheer volume of participants, but still, I can't help thinking that having the "top 32 drivers" in america actually be the top 32 drivers in the nation would be a better method...

If I'm not mistaken, isn't that the format for the european GTA? 1 round where the top 20 progress to the finals, i think.

Obviously top 32 makes more sense for the US due to sheer volume of participants, but still, I can't help thinking that having the "top 32 drivers" in america actually be the top 32 drivers in the nation would be a better method...

top 20 from each country makes it to said country's final and the top 1 or 2 from each country make it to silverstone.

they should have kept the regional setup for the first 2 rounds and have a top 32 for the final round, that ensures the top 32 fastest drivers in the US all get a fair chance.

Last edited:
top 20 from each country makes it to said country's final and the top 1 or 2 from each country make it to silverstone.

Oh, so there's nothing preventing germany's top 2 from being miles faster than france's top 2 (for example), much like our region system....thats too bad...

Oh noes, not this again!

If this is a serious comment from you (which I am assuming its not because your not known to be a complete ass) then I am glad you didn't make the cut. 👍

Yeah I'm glad he didn't make it either.

the competition was not top 32 nationally it was top eight pre region they did not have to even show you the other region times. Stuff like this happens all the time.

Oh noes, not this again!

If this is a serious comment from you (which I am assuming its not because your not known to be a complete ass) then I am glad you didn't make the cut. 👍

You're misunderstanding what he typed. He's referring to the region-based system of choosing the finalists, versus choosing the fastest 32 in the country...the fact that he would have made the cut in any other region (and I as well in two of the regions I believe...regardless of my wheel breaking or not) while many others who were slower are going through. It's just not right.

It's all shame really...Hunk, Eers, SDiem, Ghoast, the others I'm failing to mention that should have made it save for the limitations of their region. They have failed to get the best 32 drivers from the United States. I truly hope this changes for the next academy, whether it benefits me or not.

And on a personal note to all that continue to say I should have made it, sending me messages, mentioning me in posts...THANK YOU so much, again. To be recognized by you guys, while only very small consolation compared to getting to Orlando, does make me fill the slightest bit better, and gives me motivation to train for the next 365 days and come out of the gate a ferocious monster in next years Academy. At this point, 14 hours, 25 minutes after the timer running out, I just feel gutted that something beyond my control (the wheel malfunctioning-breaking) is ultimately what lead to my demise. I did almost come back in the final minutes. And if I was one of the top time trialers, like T/A, Choate, Kris, Fix etc...I think they would have been able to do it. I'm just not good enough YET to pull the time that quickly. Still, I deserved to go, was READY to go, preparing to go, and knowing that if I got there, I would only EXCEL in the racing environment. Not having a chance to get to Silverstone is what hurts. I can take being beaten in a fair battle, but man...my wheel breaking? Come on... it's just an unreal situation.

You're misunderstanding what he typed. He's referring to the region-based system of choosing the finalists, versus choosing the fastest 32 in the country...the fact that he would have made the cut in any other region (and I as well in two of the regions I believe...regardless of my wheel breaking or not) while many others who were slower are going through. It's just not right.

It's all shame really...Hunk, Eers, SDiem, Ghoast, the others I'm failing to mention that should have made it save for the limitations of their region. They have failed to get the best 32 drivers from the United States. I truly hope this changes for the next academy, whether it benefits me or not.

You won't need them to change their system to benefit you, nick. I have no doubt that come next year (if we get another academy), you will be determined to settle for nothing worse than first.

Regardless, the system wasn't perfect, people are frustrated, but the GT Academy is probably the coolest thing I've heard of ever coming from a video game and I hope they bring it back.

edit: I see you beat me to the rousing determination post :D I for one will be there right beside you practicing, studying, and getting to the track in real life to ensure that next year I will be social AND fast :)

the competition was not top 32 nationally it was top eight pre region they did not have to even show you the other region times. Stuff like this happens all the time.
thousands of hopefuls will be narrowed down to the top 32 finalists,-- from the intro.

You won't need them to change their system to benefit you, nick. I have no doubt that come next year (if we get another academy), you will be determined to settle for nothing worse than first.

Regardless, the system wasn't perfect, people are frustrated, but the GT Academy is probably the coolest thing I've heard of ever coming from a video game and I hope they bring it back.

edit: I see you beat me to the rousing determination post :D I for one will be there right beside you practicing, studying, and getting to the track in real life to ensure that next year I will be social AND fast :)

Thanks Stig. And you're right, I'm very thankful that we even have an opportunity like the GT Academy. Here's to hoping it continues to be improved upon.

RE: practicing, I'll be back online going at it as soon as I get a new (properly working) driving wheel. I'm going to throw my DFGT in the trash can, debating on whether to go out and buy another one or just wait for a new one to arrive in the mail from round 1. <sigh>

Nick

I really do feel bad for those who were stupid fast but did not make it.

At the same time, let's see if some of the 'slower' guys can't bring it up another notch once they get there. While some may not be in the top 32 I don't think you should discount them. They were 'relatively' close. Some may have very good racecraft, may be good under pressure, may not have had as much time to devote to the Academy, did not have good equipment or environment. Did not some of the less fast guys make it to the top in previous Gt Academy's?

Last edited:
Back