Round 3 Final Results

• Thread starter GT Motion
  • 176 comments
Camasi
i think i may avoid watching the coverage.. it may just hurt too much :)

I can imagine how this must suck. Being so close it would have been painful if I was on the bubble.

You can hope someone must retire their spot. But I wouldn't want that wished on anyone. Go use this as a resume for a race team

DAMNIT! Please, kill me.

On course at Eifel desperately trying to improve my time. I crest the hill on the finish straight ahead of my ghost by 0.39 at the previous sector gate. Perfect final corner. Perfect lap.

And then time runs out right as I pass pit entrance...

The reasonable thing would be to allow everyone to finish the lap and close the round. But no. It kicks me out without letting me finish the 4 seconds to the finish line. Best part about it? That lap would have just barely bumped me into the #8 SE spot. FML x 1000000. Sony will definitely be hearing about this come tomorrow. However, I have a nagging suspicion they're going to politely tell me to piss off.

In other news, GT3RS V2 Clubsport Package and a 27" 1080p monitor for sale.

DAMNIT! Please, kill me.

On course at Eifel desperately trying to improve my time. I crest the hill on the finish straight ahead of my ghost by 0.39 at the previous sector gate. Perfect final corner. Perfect lap.

The reasonable thing would be to allow everyone to finish the lap and close the round. But no. It kicks me out without letting me finish the 4 seconds to the finish line. Best part about it? That lap would have just barely bumped me into the #8 SE spot. FML x 1000000.

Dude, that sucks. I agree it should have let you finish that lap. Can't believe it straight up kicked you out.

I am so incredibly livid right now after everything I went through this week to get to where I was only to have dashed away because of a ****** design oversight. Going to go sit in an empty room to minimize collateral damage as I cool down.

RSnider
I am so incredibly livid right now. Going to go sit in an empty room to minimize collateral damage as I cool down.

Dude I'm sorry! That would have been epic, if it makes you feel better that guy maxxbernstien took the whole week off work and played almost every second of the day for nadda and I'm sure he wasn't the only one.

DAMNIT! Please, kill me.

The reasonable thing would be to allow everyone to finish the lap and close the round. But no. It kicks me out without letting me finish the 4 seconds to the finish line. Best part about it? That lap would have just barely bumped me into the #8 SE spot. FML x 1000000. Sony will definitely be hearing about this come tomorrow. However, I have a nagging suspicion they're going to politely tell me to piss off.

Wow. Not even sure what to say on that other that I'm really sorry that happened to you.

I am so incredibly livid right now after everything I went through this week to get to where I was only to have dashed away because of a ****** design oversight. Going to go sit in an empty room to minimize collateral damage as I cool down.

You had a whole week though so you can't blame one lap for you not making it. Sorry to hear the misfortune on the last lap but if you think about it you had to *complete* the last lap, not *start* the last lap before the deadline. Not to sound harsh, but don't beat yourself up over it.

DAMNIT! Please, kill me.

That's absolutely horrible, RSnider. I drove until the end as well just to see what would happen, and hoped that nobody would be in such a situation. If it's any consolation, perhaps someone in your region's top 8 will be disqualified and you'll be bumped up a spot.

Holy Smokes that was intense! Talk about some awesome competition going on for the final 8 spots in every region! Definitely approaching the limits of human capabilities up there at the top.. Nice job to everybody who participated this week, both those who made it and those who didn't. It's been awesome battling with you all, and to who made it through, I'm looking forward to meeting you out in Florida next month!!

STOKED!!

I'm just glad I can actually sleep tonight and get up tomorrow not having to worry about how I'm going to shave time at that awful disgrace of an Eifel circuit. :lol:

Night everyone!

Congrats to everyone! The patience and perseverance you guys demonstrated in this competition is mind blowing! :crazy:
I can't believe how much shuffling of times there was right up until the last minute!
Truly amazing stuff... :gtpflag:

You had a whole week though so you can't blame one lap for you not making it. Sorry to hear the misfortune on the last lap but if you think about it you had to *complete* the last lap, not *start* the last lap before the deadline. Not to sound harsh, but don't beat yourself up over it.

Yeah, I know I had the whole week. And I spent damn near every minute of every day trying to gain time. I wouldn't be nearly as upset if I had procrastinated until the last day or two, and then got screwed over by the deadline, but since Monday, if I was awake, I was on GT5.

This was a hard and streesfull week for all that entered. Over atthe TPRA, we were on a voice chat watching the results in the last hour. Cheering on our friends, Gar, Z06, Spec, El zis and jpe. A few others just missed out. I'm glad to see thar GTP has a good group also that will move on. On a side not, Spec is on vacation and is in his boat in Florida for the past 24hrs. He was on the edge as he could not run any more if he needed to improve. Great job to all that have made it.👍👍

This was a hard and streesfull week for all that entered. Over atthe TPRA, we were on a voice chat watching the results in the last hour. Cheering on our friends, Gar, Z06, Spec, El zis and jpe. A few others just missed out. I'm glad to see thar GTP has a good group also that will move on. On a side not, Spec is on vacation and is in his boat in Florida for the past 24hrs. He was on the edge as he could not run any more if he needed to improve. Great job to all that have made it.👍👍

What's tpra? and damn, I wish I was on a boat right now...

****ing game time. I cant believe I made it, I was #22 in round 1 giving it my all, now I just barley squeaked in at 8th place with the 1st and second place people from round 1 breathing down my neck

****ing game time. I cant believe I made it, I was #22 in round 1 giving it my all, now I just barley squeaked in at 8th place with the 1st and second place people from round 1 breathing down my neck

I'm shaking my fist at you!

Congrats though, way to find some clutch time right at the end. With 3 hours to go I thought I was in, then refreshed to find myself in 9th. Good luck in Orlando!

Congrats though, way to find some clutch time right at the end. With 3 hours to go I thought I was in, then refreshed to find myself in 9th. Good luck in Orlando!

Nick already had his time posted while you were sitting at 8th spot, it was Cuda Man that jumped into the top 8 that bumped you back.

Nick already had his time posted while you were sitting at 8th spot, it was Cuda Man that jumped into the top 8 that bumped you back.

Oh, well, he was the one I was gunning for, since he was in 8th. When I refreshed I went from 7th to 9th, so I wasn't sure who improved first.

You may have seen me in 8th for a bit when I took half a tenth off my Eifel time tonight. I was in 10th before that, I think. I kept at it and finally got that pesky 16.9 with about 45 minutes to go, moving me up to 3rd in the region.

Wasn't trying to be dramatic, I'm just a master procrastinator!

Tough break that you didn't make it in. The West region was incredibly tight!

timeattack owned Indy. Awesome lap dude. :)

Yeah thanks man, it really could have gone either way. I was really scared you were going to shave some time off. for my indy lap I was behind my best lap of the session .174 in the first sector, then somehow ended up ahead .184. A miracle to say the least

In retrospect i should have not bothered with Indy. I had a 2:17.242 and could feel a 16.9 if i just connected everything. I wasted two hours on Indy trying to beat my 1:40.4 lol. DAMN THAT LAST TURN

Congratulations to all who made it and everyone that made this such an intense, fun competition!

man i procrastinated too much..... couldnt get any times in during the week(except the ones on monday) and thought i could get some laps in sat and sun, but NOOOOo00, sat i didnt even get home till 11. and sunday i had to go do family birthdays. wish i coulda had more time, well, if the schedule wouldnt have gotten all screwed i woulda been fine. I had plenty of time the week before. o well, 14th is what i get for four hours worth of driving.

thanks to all the guys that kept it clean, and a big F*&%(*^%(*^$K YOU to the cheaters that ruined the schedule. matter fact, NONE of the guys that were cheating so much on indy were anywhere CLOSE to the top. pisses me right off man.....

Back