Round 3 Final Results

• Thread starter GT Motion
  • 176 comments
I really do feel bad for those who were stupid fast but did not make it. At the same time, let's see if some of the 'slower' guys can't bring it up another notch once they get there. While some may not be in the top 32 I don't think you should discount them. They were 'relatively' close. Some may have very good racecraft, may be good under pressure, may not have had as much time to devote to the Academy. Did not some of the less fast guys make it to the top in previous Gt Academy's?

Agreed, and I don't discount them. W2W is a different skill set than TT'ing. I do hope and wish the guys who benefited from the region-based classing system the very best. I mean that sincerely.

Edit: I see you are one of the fellows who benefitted. Good luck to you.

You're misunderstanding what he typed. He's referring to the region-based system of choosing the finalists, versus choosing the fastest 32 in the country...the fact that he would have made the cut in any other region (and I as well in two of the regions I believe...regardless of my wheel breaking or not) while many others who were slower are going through. It's just not right.

I didn't misunderstand what he said at all, the competition was for each region to bring their best drivers to Orlando to THEN compete for the fastest 16 spots in the country. Comments like that are belittling to people who made the cut but had a slower overall time than him.

He mentioned he would 3rd in Midwest, but that's dumb to compare yourself to other regions because drivers in other regions didn't have as much pressure to go back to the tracks and post faster times. I am sure if some of those guys got bumped you would have seen them go back to the track and post an even faster time, the point is they didn't have to so they stuck with their posted times because they knew it was good enough to get in. You can't compare overall times until you put all the drivers in the same situation where its necessary for them to improve their overall time and not just their region.

I cant believe your wheel broke Force:ouch: that must have been so frustrating:scared:

I was chating with your bro at the time and he all of a sudden said " I gotta go...my brothers wheel broke, i;m going to try and get him mine"

nightmare scenario man

At the same time, let's see if some of the 'slower' guys can't bring it up another notch once they get there.

When you say slower guys, that is kind of an off way to look at it, none of the guys who made the top 8, regardless of region are "slow". In TT's people have unlimited laps to eventually string some magic laps together and post a great time. In a race every one of the top 32 will be really close because the top guys can no longer push the edge without consequence and the time gap is only a few car lengths from the TT's anyways. In a race you under steer one corner and you are giving up a position or letting your opponents close the gap on you, you can't look at TT's to determine the outcome of a race.

Agreed, and I don't discount them. W2W is a different skill set than TT'ing. I do hope and wish the guys who benefited from the region-based classing system the very best. I mean that sincerely.

Edit: I see you are one of the fellows who benefitted. Good luck to you.

I benefitted but didn't make it. Funny, I was faster than R1600Turbo and right there with Choate and SpecMiataJSW last year but couldn't hang with them this year. They seem to have gotten a lot better.

By the way, as I am also very depressed at not making it, I can't possibly imagine what your situation was like. I really feel for you with both your wheel and the speed you have and not making it. Well done and hope to be right with you next year.

I benefitted but didn't make it. Funny, I was faster than R1600Turbo and right there with Choate and SpecMiataJSW last year but couldn't hang with them this year. They seem to have gotten a lot better.

Would this be the Time Trial Competition you speak of? I was using a Sixaxis. :dopey:

When you say slower guys, that is kind of an off way to look at it, none of the guys who made the top 8, regardless of region are "slow". In TT's people have unlimited laps to eventually string some magic laps together and post a great time. In a race every one of the top 32 will be really close because the top guys can no longer push the edge without consequence and the time gap is only a few car lengths from the TT's anyways. In a race you under steer one corner and you are giving up a position or letting your opponents close the gap on you, you can't look at TT's to determine the outcome of a race.

Yeah, I agree to a point but I would submit that the really top guys are consistently faster and get up to speed faster than some others.

Yeah, I agree to a point but I would submit that the really top guys are consistently faster and get up to speed faster than some others.

Yea I agree they are consistently faster, but I just don't like the be-littling comments that are coming out about the guys who made it from other regions that had slower times. They are all great drivers and they did what the competition asked and they are being labeled as "slow" and being told they didn't make it in because of their skill set yada yada yada when they did what it took.

He mentioned he would 3rd in Midwest, but that's dumb to compare yourself to other regions because drivers in other regions didn't have as much pressure to go back to the tracks and post faster times. I am sure if some of those guys got bumped you would have seen them go back to the track and post an even faster time, the point is they didn't have to so they stuck with their posted times because they knew it was good enough to get in. You can't compare overall times until you put all the drivers in the same situation where its necessary for them to improve their overall time and not just their region.

There is some truth in this Motion, no doubt about it. But I'm still not believing for one second that EERS isn't going through if you take the top 32 from the country. That's where there is something wrong - this system prevents the top 32 in the U.S. from being chosen appropriately, regardless of whether or not it was stated at the onset of this competition.

Anyway, whatever, I really don't care to talk about the past week any more than I have to. I had the speed, but didn't make it, it is what it is and I accept it. With more skill I think I'm through to round 3 regardless of my bad luck with the wheel. I can't dwell on it, but will learn from it. I'll just let this moment fester in my brain and ignite an even bigger fire in me to continue to get better over the next 365 days. I hope it does the same for EERS and the others. And for those that made it, I hope they realize just how lucky they are, and based on that, realize just how awesome an opportunity this is and do not waste it. That would be the biggest tragedy.

There is some truth in this Motion, no doubt about it. But I'm still not believing for one second that EERS isn't going through if you take the top 32 from the country. That's where there is something wrong - this system prevents the top 32 in the U.S. from being chosen appropriately, regardless of whether or not it was stated at the onset of this competition.

There is nothing wrong with the competition, its their competition and they are running it how they want to run it. They wanted to find the top 8 from each region and they did. If they wanted the top 32 overall they would have made the competition for the top 32 overall and I am sure the majority of the same people would have still made it because there would have been more pressure on them to go back and post better times. All we can do is "speculate" what would have happened if they ran it that way, there is nothing for sure, and there are no guarantees that running it that way would have gotten you or Eers a spot.

Yea I agree they are consistently faster, but I just don't like the be-littling comments that are coming out about the guys who made it from other regions that had slower times. They are all great drivers and they did what the competition asked and they are being labeled as "slow" and being told they didn't make it in because of their skill set yada yada yada when they did what it took.

I agree.

It's the top 8 from each region! Get it in your heads. Just think of the olympics people don't make the teams all the time but if they where in other countries they would make the team with ease. Just let it go you didn't make it because you where not fast enough end of story. I honestly hope the last place guy in the MW or SE wins it all.

lol that would explain the getting better part :lol:

Maybe. :D But....

AHA! I seem to remember you saying that. Do you think the person using a controller will have a problem adjusting to a wheel in the national finals?

...it takes some time. I actually got my first DFGT a week before the competition was over and was unable to improve on my controller times in that short period.

It's the top 8 from each region! Get it in your heads. Just think of the olympics people don't make the teams all the time but if they where in other countries they would make the team with ease. Just let it go you didn't make it because you where not fast enough end of story. I honestly hope the last place guy in the MW or SE wins it all.

:lol: Relax dude, its just a discussion....you know where people express their different points of view, its not that serious :lol:

There is nothing wrong with the competition, its their competition and they are running it how they want to run it. They wanted to find the top 8 from each region and they did. If they wanted the top 32 overall they would have made the competition for the top 32 overall and I am sure the majority of the same people would have still made it because there would have been more pressure on them to go back and post better times. All we can do is "speculate" what would have happened if they ran it that way, there is nothing for sure, and there are no guarantees that running it that way would have gotten you or Eers a spot.

Alright Motion, it's become abundantly clear that you and I don't see eye to eye on many things. That's the beauty of the world and you are free to think what you want to think from your point of view. I'm not going to continue to debate this. I disagree with you, wth very good reason and logic, and will not make any more posts on this specific topic. I wish the best and further continue my congratulations to the "top 32."

Nick

May you live forever, and get everything you deserve.

I cant believe your wheel broke Force:ouch: that must have been so frustrating:scared:

I was chating with your bro at the time and he all of a sudden said " I gotta go...my brothers wheel broke, i;m going to try and get him mine"

nightmare scenario man

Yeah man, I'm still sort of in shock with the whole thing, and feeling like this happened for a reason. All I can do now is prepare and work for next year, and come back stronger.

Last edited by a moderator:

:lol: Relax dude, its just a discussion....you know where people express their different points of view, its not that serious :lol:

eedSb.jpg

^^^ I love that picture. I didn't get upset when he posted it the first time cause it's just too damn cute. :P

Lol aawww.

Note: to all orlando finalists, turbo has a weakness when it comes to cute turtles with aggressive attitudes. (Choate:costume idea?)

Back