Russian Invasion of Ukraine

• Thread starter Rage Racer
  • 9,535 comments
1719414390045.png

1719414292605.png

That's quite the optimism.
Thing is, Putin could stop tomorrow and claim victory, don't think anyone would complain much. Rumours and analytics saying that RF gov wants to stop this winter. Not like I believe in it much, but its still most reasonable way to go.

Thing is, Putin could stop tomorrow and claim victory, don't think anyone would complain much. Rumours and analytics saying that RF gov wants to stop this winter. Not like I believe in it much, but its still most reasonable way to go.
If you never define what winning looks like, you can always claim you won!
Alan Cumming Yes GIF

even with no territory gain? I can maybe see Ukraine being forced to drop the Crimea forever, but I don't think giving up more land will be in the cards.

even with no territory gain? I can maybe see Ukraine being forced to drop the Crimea forever, but I don't think giving up more land will be in the cards.
Ukraine, right now, struggle to regain any territory, both sides stuck. Status quo looks like most obvious result for equation.

After two years of war most Russians would be happy with this. IMO, even if RF end war at 01/2022 borders, everyone would be happy. No one here give **** about any Ukrainian territory, aside from Crimea.

Ukraine, right now, struggle to regain any territory, both sides stuck. Status quo looks like most obvious result for equation.

After two years of war most Russians would be happy with this. IMO, even if RF end war at 01/2022 borders, everyone would be happy. No one here give **** about any Ukrainian territory, aside from Crimea.
Which Ukraine probably cares VERY MUCH about.

Nobody in Ukraine wanted to START the war in the first place.
Not sure how its related. Obviously, Ukraine never wanted to start war with RF. Obviously, Ukrainians want to continue war, if not there would be protests against government that denied Istanbul agreements, at least, similar to what Russians did in 2022.

Not sure how its related. Obviously, Ukraine never wanted to start war with RF. Obviously, Ukrainians want to continue war, if not there would be protests against government that denied Istanbul agreements, at least, similar to what Russians did in 2022.
What assurances does Ukraine have that Putin won't make up another excuse to start another campaign? Nothing will have changed. Putin could decide what he agreed do was not sufficient and could easily break the agreement for "reasons".

As an American, I strongly hope and will vote in every election I can for politicians that will continue to support Ukraine until total victory. I'd be crushed if we cut a deal and gave up. This is a relatively conventional war with clear objectives and that means it is entirely winnable.

As long as there is an invader on your IN your home, of course you will continue fighting until you get them out.
There are dozens examples when its not the case. Its choice of nation, not only way to do.
What assurances does Ukraine have that Putin won't make up another excuse to start another campaign
None. Its not the reason to not try to stop death of you man for one day, year or forever. I don't think Ukraine should hand over any land, but fixation of status quo is simple way to stop death and destruction.
As an American, I strongly hope and will vote in every election I can for politicians that will continue to support Ukraine until total victory. I'd be crushed if we cut a deal and gave up. This is a relatively conventional war with clear objectives and that means it is entirely winnable.
To be winnable it needs x10 of what US give in short time. Current live support just prolonging suffering.

Last edited:
I kind of wish the Republicans were as anti-Russian as they were under presidents like Reagan. If pre-dementia Ronnie was president right now, we probably would've armed Ukraine to the teeth because he certainly loved a good proxy war. Unfortunately, Republicans now are pro-Russia because they aspire to be authoritarian like Putin and collect checks from the Russians. Democrats are more pro-Ukraine, but they walk a thin line between arming Ukraine and being anti-war.

Really, anyone who lived through the Cold War should be jumping at the chance to unleash hell on the Russians, especially when they parked what passes for a navy off the coast of Florida.

There are dozens examples when its not the case. Its choice of nation, not only way to do.
Choice cant be enforced.

Have a look at how the French did it (multiple times).
Invading southwest Germany, occupying, then having a vote "do you want to be French or German?".
Vote goes "German" and French are retreating.
Then after the next military leader tries again, repeat at step 1.

Its not the reason to not try to stop death of you man for one day, year or forever
I come to your home armed.
I rob one room of your house and then promise to never do it again.
You agree because it relieves you of the fear of me taking a 2nd room in a single sweep.
Next week I just do it again, until all you property is mine, and you gladly accept every single time instead of resorting to violence or asking for help?

I come to your home armed.... until all you property is mine
Not sure why you use ****ed analogue. You suggesting to continue pointless bloodbath, because Putin could start another bloodbath in the future(or not). And for whatever reason his next hustle should be more effective than current, even with Russia depleted its best infantry, tech and reserves from USSR times and under most lethal sanctions ever.

On the other side, Ukraine could continue for few more years and deplete its population to 15millions, lost few more cities and few dozens towns. Sure, Russian Black Sea fleet will be destroyed completely and population could deplete to 100 millions, but does it worth it?

Yes. It’s worth it.
This is a senseless, brutal war which YOUR country started.
My question is why the **** is your population sitting on your hands while your daddy wages war against a population. Not military targets. Population centers.
When do YOU stand up and say enough?
Don’t give me the excuse that you’ll be jailed or conscripted.
You post beautiful photos of the food you get to eat while thousands of Ukrainians go hungry and without power.
Ukraine should fight to the last person to defeat your country.
Imagine China invaded the US. They got California and Oregon in the initial wave. Should the US just Give those two states to China?
That’s what you are proposing.
It’s ludicrous.

Yes. It’s worth it.
This is a senseless, brutal war which YOUR country started.
My question is why the **** is your population sitting on your hands while your daddy wages war against a population. Not military targets. Population centers.
Don’t give me the excuse that you’ll be jailed or conscripted.
You post beautiful photos of the food you get to eat while thousands of Ukrainians go hungry and without power.
Imagine China invaded the US. They got California and Oregon in the initial wave. Should the US just Give those two states to China?
That’s what you are proposing.
It’s ludicrous.
You can give a more relevant hypothetical: if Russia took back Alaska and went for California too based on former historical presence.

Yes. It’s worth it.
Lost 10 million of population and few cities without any positive results to your nation?
This is a senseless, brutal war which YOUR country started
1) State started
2) Current head of state is usurper, he unconstitutionally change Constitution to rule for 12 more years

If you want to talk about responsibility - tell me why YOUR country buying OUR stolen resources from usurper.
My question is why the **** is your population sitting on your hands while your daddy wages war against a population.
My population protested since day one, even in democracy its take up to 10 years of protests and Global Oil crisis to finish war. Problem is, RF isn't democracy like US during Vietnam War, but authoritarian kleptocracy with millions police officers ready to beat you to death. 2/3 of protesters were sentenced, as you can imagine its not motivating to protest.
Ukraine should do whatever is good for Ukrainians. Not sure, how total annihilation of all Ukrainians in war that can't be won without excessive Western support(that isn't on horizon)is good for Ukrainians.
You know how people suggesting to others be a hero called? Hypocrites.
Main question is how my posts and starving Ukrainians are related. Or how starving Iraqi or Afghan people related to Americans. IDK.
Another stupid example. If those two stuck and further continuation of war means more people die without significant results - yes, both parties should stop fighting and peacetalk. Its called common sense.

Last edited:
You can give a more relevant hypothetical: if Russia took back Alaska and went for California too based on former historical presence.
It's still not a useful analogy. The USA's $800,000,000,000 per annum military force, replete with paid, voluntary service people, is more than capable of defending it's borders, whilst being capable of simultaneously completely razing the homeland of any foreign aggressor, and whilst having the rest of NATO on hand to pitch in where necessary, without having to rely on every last citizen to die in the process.

It's still not a useful analogy. The USA's $800,000,000,000 per annum military force, replete with paid, voluntary service people, is more than capable of defending it's borders, whilst being capable of simultaneously completely razing the homeland of any foreign aggressor, and whilst having the rest of NATO on hand to pitch in where necessary, without having to rely on every last citizen to die in the process.
It was an analogy of pretext rather than strength.

And Zelenskiy started carefully talking about peace plans for this year.

Funny news from swamps:
Russian actionists started fake account of Russian "patriotic" poet. He even won few "patriotic" contests and friended few politicians in VK. Thing is, his poetry was translation of Nazi poetry with Reich, Troopers and Hitler changed to RF, Vagner and Putin.

Agreed. Russia is slowly inching forward but it's basically a stalemate at this point. Russia has more troops while Ukraine has better equipment. It really boils down to who can hold their ground longer (unless some peace agreement is drawn up).

Back