Sardegna Leaderboard: Grind Times for 45 Cars, Strategies, Tunes & FAQ's (post 1.31)

• Thread starter BobDx123
  • 593 comments
18a23bbba2b7-screenshotUrl.jpg
Honda NSX GT500 '08
24:10.415
1:33.341

Outside of swapped cars, I don't think there are any potential under 24 min cars left for me. Swap cars next.

Last edited:
👏 Impressive, really terrific work @Larzi- . I’d like to thank you for all the great data you’ve provided. As mentioned before really appreciate that you’ve shared all the tunes and strategy along the way. I’m sure there are plenty others on here that feel the same, including lurkers we may not hear from.

I am taking your word for it and declaring there are 20 regular cars (not counting swaps), listed below that are capable of Club 23 additions. (For anyone new to this thread, this do not include the six cars capable of sub-23 times (the 5 group C cars and Escudo). It’s explained a little further in the first post.)

I’ve now split that portion of Club 23 up into two portions; one number for regular cars and one for swaps. So completion with 20 “regular cars” now awards the gold trophy. There will be a 2nd one when we figure out how many swaps are capable.

On a side note, I still need to fill out and finish the section for “Swap Kings” which I’ll do as more data comes in from people submitting times.

I believe the tuning for swap cars is going to be much trickier as by default they are all quite difficult to handle and manage tire wear with the increased power. Some will be easier than others, like the Amuse 2000 swap and others where the base car is inherently easier to drive. @Turbodatsun was able to figure out the R34 which on paper obviously had potential but was a disaster before proper tuning. I’m going to repost the engine swap stats again at the bottom off this post for anyone that hasn’t stumbled across it yet.

It shows info that may prove helpful like which swaps use certain racing engines for better fuel consumption, their power to weight ratio, which have Anti-Lag etc… Click on the Race Engines Only Tab for the most fuel efficient swaps. Of course feel free to check out the other tabs for options as well, they don’t need to be the fastest for fun or a good challenge. The Spreadsheet below has other information as well. The tabs are located at the bottom of the sheet and are labeled

This List of Cars is in Order of the Fastest to Slowest Finish Times, Top to Bottom. Ie. the farther you get down the list likely the more difficult to achieve sub 24 times

Peugeot L750R Hybrid VGT
SRT Tomahawk VGT Gr.1
McLaren VGT Gr.1
Mazda LM55 VGT
Hyundai N 2025 VGT
Alpine VGT '17 Gr.1
Mercerdes CLK-LM '98
Porsche 919 Hybrid '16
Toyota TS050 Hybrid '16
Red Bull X2019
Audi R18 '16
Gran Turismo F1500T-A
Bugatti VGT
Peugeot 908 HDi FAP '10
McLaren F1 GTR '97
Honda NSX Concept-GT '16
Audi RS 5 Turbo DTM
Audi R18 TDI '11
McLaren MP4/4 '88
Toyota GR010 Hybrid '21

Click on the Race Engines Only Tab for the most fuel efficient swaps. Of course feel free to check out the other tabs for options as well, they don’t need to be the fastest for fun or a good challenge.. The Spreadsheet below has other information as well. The tabs are located at the bottom of the sheet and are labeled

Last edited:
@BobDx123 you had a bit of a mix-up when you updated the lists.

On the Top fifty fastest cars list my Honda NSX GT500 '08 time replaced my Nissan GT-R Nismo GT500 '16 and original fastest Honda time left untouched at #41. There is also two #8 times.

1692881530501.png

1692881588691.png

1692881479306.png

Same on the Fastest drivers for each car list. Also years of Nissan cars were mixed. Nissan GT-R Nismo '08 has zero entries in this thread. '08 GT-R has my NSX time and peniu's '16 GT-R time. My old Nissan GT-R Nismo GT500 '16 time can be found on the Fastest times for all cars list which seems to be fine.

1692880990251.png

1692880624098.png

1692879551863.png

Last edited:
@BobDx123 you had a bit of a mix-up when you updated the lists.

On the Top fifty fastest cars list my Honda NSX GT500 '08 time replaced my Nissan GT-R Nismo GT500 '16 and original fastest Honda time left untouched at #41. There is also two #8 times.

View attachment 1282511
View attachment 1282512

View attachment 1282510

Same on the Fastest drivers for each car list. Also years of Nissan cars were mixed. Nissan GT-R Nismo '08 has zero entries in this thread. '08 GT-R has my NSX time and peniu's '16 GT-R time. My old Nissan GT-R Nismo GT500 '16 time can be found on the Fastest times for all cars list which seems to be fine.

View attachment 1282509

View attachment 1282508
View attachment 1282506
Wow, you have Eagle Eyes 🦅. Nice catch. No idea how I jumbled it up so much.

I think it’s all corrected now, should be good to go.

—————-

BTW All,

I’ve just added an extra section on the sheet “Fastest Drivers for Each Car” with Medals similar to Time Trials but with different percentages than the 3, 5 & 10% for Gold, Silver & Bronze as those are wildly different over a long race than just a “fast lap”. I thought it would be a fun new goal for a wide range of different drivers.

As shown below the Medals are displayed in the row of each car and are based off the current fastest driver’s time, they will update automatically if the time changes. At the moment they are not populating or being assigned to each driver, they’re basically for reference and you can see what your time would achieve.

The Medals are within the following percentages

Gold+ = 1%
Gold = 2%

Silver+ = 3%
Silver = 4%

Bronze+ = 5%
Bronze = 7%

IMG_7201.jpeg

Thanks @BobDx123 you are doing awesome work! but :P on the Top fifty fastest cars list is not quite right yet. Check NSX GT500 '08 and GT-R GT500 '16.

That medal thing sounds cool 👍. Just like online time trials. Btw. I don't think 20 cars would be a hard cap for races under 24 minutes. A couple of gr2s are really close and it only takes a slightly faster driver and slightly better setup to the rear end. Those cars have the speed for that, but at the same time they are quite difficult to drive at the limit of traction because the rear tires don't have enough mechanical grip and rear snaps fast when tires starts spinning.

Thanks @BobDx123 you are doing awesome work! but :P on the Top fifty fastest cars list is not quite right yet. Check NSX GT500 '08 and GT-R GT500 '16.

That medal thing sounds cool 👍. Just like online time trials. Btw. I don't think 20 cars would be a hard cap for races under 24 minutes. A couple of gr2s are really close and it only takes a slightly faster driver and slightly better setup to the rear end. Those cars have the speed for that, but at the same time they are quite difficult to drive at the limit of traction because the rear tires don't have enough mechanical grip and rear snaps fast when tires starts spinning.
LOL… Ok, I finally figured out what was going on. I was starting to feel like I was going crazy for a minute because I remembered making those changes, including the Double 8th position spots even though nothing looked updated.

IMG_7209.jpeg

It turns out I accidentally updated the wrong page of the spreadsheet. On the “Top 50” list, there’s a tab on the bottom (in blue ink) that displays extra pages in spreadsheets where I experiment with different formulas without affecting the main one. I updated the one titled “Test for Extracting NOT POSTING” which is nearly an identical duplicate I was messing around with.

The problem happens when I forget to “Hide” all the lists after working on them because when I reopen it brings me to whichever is most recent. Anyway, I fixed those 2 times and hid all the remaining pages so hopefully should be all set now.

——

👍 I hear about the sub 24 cars, will redo that in the first pos, that was my misunderstanding

———
@Seve212 Thanks man! Appreciated

Last edited:
I went on the brand central and I bought this for a million so that others don't have to.

18a313988d872-screenshotUrl.jpg

Lexus LF-LC GT VGT
24:18.987
1:34.227
Category: Racing car

It has overtake button but it is wierdly eligible to race even though nitros and overtake boosts are prohibited. Super formula cars have the same function but cannot participate in the race.

Pros:
  • Good fuel economy. Can do 7 laps without any fuel saving.
  • Fully tuneable downforce.
  • Fully tuneable rear diff.
  • Whole race can be done with the same set of racing hard tires.

Cons:
  • Like all vgt cars, no tuning parts available other than ballast and power restrictor.
  • No fully tuneable gears. Only final drive was adjustable. Whole race went with gears 3 to 5.
  • Hybrid, so practical performance is lower than PP-value because of battery life.
  • No cockpit view, so it has no use with VR in this game that was "developed VR in mind from the start".
  • Suspension is partially tuneable. Ride height and camber angles cannot be adjusted.
  • Spins easily when exiting slow speed corners.

Attachments

• 18a313988d992-screenshotUrl.jpg
    18a313988d992-screenshotUrl.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 23
Hi guys
Stumbled across this forum and manage to do a Mazda 787B Setup based from the one of TurboDatsun

Strategy
Starting race you have to use Fuel Map 2 or 3
At the start of Lap 9 enter in the pits and change tyres Soft=>Soft and do full refueling
For the rest of the stint use Fuel Map 1

The fastest lap that I have set was a 1:29.704

Here is the picture of the time I spent on the race and the setup

Attachments

• IMG_20230826_150731_183.jpg
    IMG_20230826_150731_183.jpg
    208.2 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_20230826_142540_887.jpg
    IMG_20230826_142540_887.jpg
    178.5 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
So i spent 6 hours today attempting sardegna trying to tweek the tune to find something that would get me under 22:30. All day it was (starting-crashing-restart-slowlap-restart-get blocked by AI-restart) i think i only completed 3 full runs tweeking the tune every second attempt trying with toe in and without. Adjusting different levels of camber and diff settings to try and get more rear grip but also making the tyres last 8 laps.
Best run was a 22:32.491
Fast lap 1:26.840
Im getting close to my theoretical best overall time, able to run sub 1:28 while also saving fuel for 8 laps in the first stint is hard when i run out of rear tyres on lap 8, then trying to navigate the ai in the second stint is getting harder as they seem to spread out more interrupting every fast lap.
This run was close to perfect other then running into the back of the supra in the fast sweeping corners and close to spinning out the lap after resulting in 1:28 laps loosing 2 seconds.

Attachments

• IMG_1357.jpeg
    IMG_1357.jpeg
    153.2 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_1359.jpeg
    IMG_1359.jpeg
    229.4 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_1361.jpeg
    IMG_1361.jpeg
    232.1 KB · Views: 44
Regarding the ai traffic, are you guys running at easy, normal, or difficult? I can't decide which works best. They all have their pros and cons. On easy, you pass each car faster and move on to the next so each car is a factor in your life for a shorter period of time, which is a plus. But, sometimes the timing/luck is bad and you come up to them at a bad spot for passing and since they are lapping even slower on easy, you can get stuck behind one for a longer period of time until they clear a corner, or two of them are side by side at a bad spot. So that's a negative. On normal, they are lapping faster so getting stuck behind one for one corner isn't as bad as when it's on easy. And, since they are moving faster, they can be used as drafting sling shots more effectively if the timing is right and the opportunity presents itself. But, since they are lapping a little faster, it does take a tiny bit longer to pass them, keeping you off you line for that much longer. Then there's difficult, which has those same pluses to an even greater degree... the ability to catch one at the right time and use it for a draft sling shot, and if you get caught behind one at an inopportune moment, at least they aren't holding you up as much as they would o easy or normal. But, I get the impression that on difficult, the ai also drives a little more aggressively, as in actively blocking and trying to keep you from passing, even though you are going much faster.
So, TL;DR which level allows the fastest times at this level, Easy, Normal, or Difficult?

So, TL;DR which level allows the fastest times at this level, Easy, Normal, or Difficult?
I've actually never tried anything other than hardest difficult, so I don't know how much easier or more annoying it is on other difficulties. The fact that I would have to deal even slower AI in the middle of some certain corners sounds like a pain.

One very important thing was left out. On the hardest difficulty level, you have to pass them again and again less often, so you get more clean track time.

Last edited:
Regarding the ai traffic, are you guys running at easy, normal, or difficult? I can't decide which works best. They all have their pros and cons. On easy, you pass each car faster and move on to the next so each car is a factor in your life for a shorter period of time, which is a plus. But, sometimes the timing/luck is bad and you come up to them at a bad spot for passing and since they are lapping even slower on easy, you can get stuck behind one for a longer period of time until they clear a corner, or two of them are side by side at a bad spot. So that's a negative. On normal, they are lapping faster so getting stuck behind one for one corner isn't as bad as when it's on easy. And, since they are moving faster, they can be used as drafting sling shots more effectively if the timing is right and the opportunity presents itself. But, since they are lapping a little faster, it does take a tiny bit longer to pass them, keeping you off you line for that much longer. Then there's difficult, which has those same pluses to an even greater degree... the ability to catch one at the right time and use it for a draft sling shot, and if you get caught behind one at an inopportune moment, at least they aren't holding you up as much as they would o easy or normal. But, I get the impression that on difficult, the ai also drives a little more aggressively, as in actively blocking and trying to keep you from passing, even though you are going much faster.
It’s an interesting question. I’ve tried all difficulty levels to try and ascertain which is best for me. The best for me appears to be ‘normal’ as when I’m completing my sixth lap there is a huge number of AI pit stops (their lap 5) meaning I don’t have to pass the AI as they are all in the pits - I go from about 16th to 4th. I then have to try and put in two very fast laps in an attempt to get out of the pit before they all catch me up. When I run hard difficulty I‘m too slow to take advantage of that pit stop (and also the subsequent AI lap 10 pit stops). I’ve also tried 8/7 and 7/8 strategies to see which is faster for me - 8/7 seems the best. I think as I improve my times the harder difficulty will be faster for me but at the moment normal difficulty appears to have fewer cars to pass and therefore fewer opportunities to be ‘slowed down’ by the AI.

I am being given a error that says the page no longer exists when I click on the mp4/4 tune . Is this link still good ? Just purchased this vehicle and would like to try it out out at sardegna

I am being given a error that says the page no longer exists when I click on the mp4/4 tune . Is this link still good ? Just purchased this vehicle and would like to try it out out at sardegna
Sorry about that. Have no idea what got corrupted there. I’ve redone the link. Not sure if you’ve found it already but I just checked and its working now. The current list of tunes in the second post I wrote in quick succession and all appear on page 12. It’s still being updated with more info but unfortunately I’ve been quite a bit behind. There are a good number of cars that aren’t listed yet. It’s something I had planned to put together a month and a half ago.

In the meantime, if anyone’s looking for a tune not listed yet you can check if they’ve been posted and find them with the search function, using the car name in the keyword search and limiting the search area to this thread. You can also narrow it down by using a members name.

——————

Last edited:
Looking for Tunes for more cars Click Here

Porsche 911 GT3 RS (991) ‘16 Swap

Videos

AlexWilmot

Tunes & Strategies

IMG_7267.jpeg
IMG_7269.jpeg
IMG_7268.jpeg
“Widebody, wide wheels and all the aero, Used for Sardegna 800pp race, FM3-4, 2stopper on RS tyres, can be used at 60min Spa or any other 800pp events”

Last edited:
Still Editing

Pagani Huayra '13

Videos

Tmtk

Tunes & Strategies
Quoting: 4-lap stints, 3 pitstops (all with RS tyre change). With AT it needs a bit of early lifting strategy to last 4 laps.

Last edited:

Pagani Zonda R '09

Videos

Tmtk

Tunes & Strategies
IMG_7283.png
IMG_7285.png
IMG_7284.png
I ran 5 laps on RS tyres with FM6/FM5 mapping. So two stop strategy.
I'm driving with automatic transmission so fuel usage can be improved with short shifting.
MT transmission
Pit stop lap 6 and 12.
FM 4 till after pit stop on lap 12 then..
FM 1 till finish.

Last edited:

HYUNDAI N 2025 VGT Gr.1

Videos

No Video Yet

Tunes & Strategies

IMG_7292.png
IMG_7293.png
IMG_7294.png

IMG_7298.jpeg
IMG_7299.jpeg
Pit stop at 8/9 laps only for Fuel no tire change.
FM 1 all the way with some short shifting.

Last edited:

Honda NSX GT500 ‘08

Videos

No Video Yet

Tunes & Strategies

There are, however, a couple of tricks needed to get the NSX to make it on one fuel (and tire) stop:
  • For at least 3 laps on the 8-lap run (which I did first), shift early at around 7,000 rpm. On this particular race, that wasn't quite enough as the sub-1:38 laps started early, and I had to save some more fuel on lap 8, only to show up in the pits at exactly 0% (it hadn't run out before the pit animation began)
  • On the pit stop, refuel to at least 96% - I went to 98% and had less than 3% remaining at the end. Also, do change the tires.
One could run RH tires and not have to worry about the tire change. The other day, I did a no-stop run with the NSX, and the RH tires were barely broke in, but with the fuel saving required to do 15 laps on fuel, it took over a minute longer.

As for whether to pit on lap 7 or lap 8 in a 1-stop run, I always opted for lap 8 because that's when the old rabbit, Portilla and his Dodge Viper, made his second stop, and by that time, I had usually cleared both him and the rest of the field by more than the 35 seconds the pit stop costs.

Last edited:
Back