Saturday Stock Car Series! THIS EVENT HAS BEEN PERMANENTLY CANCELLED.

• Thread starter VBR
  • 319 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
SSCS: NASCAR Night!

Every now & then, I'm gonna be throwing in a Wild Card Event to give SSCS some variety, it's a chance for us to try something different out that doesn't exactly fit into the formula for this event, & this Saturday we'll be going NASCAR racing, yippee ki-yay MF! :dopey:

Drivers Briefing

• Click here & read up on the new Optimize rule for this week, try to implement as many of the suggestions as you are able to (especially the UPnP & NAT ones), this will help raise the quality of races in general.
  • RANDOM RULE REMINDER! Regarding OLR Rule 8;E, I expect all drivers to make sure they have 1 button set to Look Right, & 1 set to Look Left, on their wheel or pad. You must do this & use them, otherwise it's very hard to avoid contact when another driver is alongside & in your blind spot.
  • Even the smallest of nudges can cascade into an almighty pile up in NASCAR races, so if you don't wanna be paying out millions in damages, I suggest you drive with extreme caution the whole time! If there is an epic incident, then the driver who started it will bear the cost of all the damaged caused thereafter, but fines will be reduced (just for this week) to: 1x, 2x or 3x 500,000 NASCAR's for light, medium or heavy damage.
  • Do not put any wheels across the yellow line on Daytona road, this marks the boundary between the track & safety apron. If you're damaged & need to pit, please pull off the track & onto the safety apron & make your way back to the pits.
  • Because we're using 2 cars, make sure to choose which one you want to use before going to track, otherwise it will not let you in. It is entirely up to you which one you want to use, you are welcome to try both & swap between them as many times as you want.
  • The warm up drive will be for 10 minutes each on Daytona & Indy, the event will be 1 hour shorter than usual at just 2 hours & 30 minutes long, this is because we only have 2 oval tracks in the game. The Start Type will be set to a Rolling Start With Double Wide Field for all races, that'll be a new experience!
  • All other GT Planet OLR/SSCS Rules & Regs still apply, including OLR Rule 11;D, so no bump drafting please!
  • Click here to go to the new GT Planet Online Races Calendar, & the click on: "Request Reminder For This Event" (it's optional).

👍

PS: Don't worry, it'll be back to business as usual next week! :P

Last edited:
NASCAR Night!!! Round and round and round we go! :grumpy: Nah I kid, great choice VBR!

Congratulations to all the new drivers who've made it onto the: Tried & tested SSCS Drivers list (in the OP) during the past few weeks, bravo gentlemen!

:cheers:

Last edited:
So, who's up for a little bit of this tomorrow night then?

:lol:

^^

Please note: Some explosions and paddock scenes may not be simulated in-game. Sorry. :)

Cooldawn you are absolutely right about pad and ovals. If I didn't have a whell I wouldn't even think of participating...

Then you are a better driver with micro-controls...

By the way, I tried to join you yesterday night but the BSOD having the GT5 logo appeared every time I tried to go to track and forced to get out of the lobby. Hoping for next time... Wish you all enjoyed!

I wasn't looking forward to the NASCAR's too much, but have to say that the first 2 races were awesome, I didn't realise it could be so intense, & have a new appreciation for the sport.

In both warm up drives, outlaw was fastest with me a close 2nd, but in both qually sessions on Daytona & Indy Road I got pole, the Limey beats the Yank at his own game, woohoo! I won race 1 at Daytona, just a shame about mamenzies not being able to see anyone else on track but me, & damaging some other cars as a result.

Then Race 2 at Daytona was the best of the night, after 35 laps all 4 cars battling for P1 were 4 abreast over the finish line, & separated by 1 tenth, EPIC! After the pit stops me & twissy found ourselves 4.5 seconds off outlaw who had gotten ahead, mamenzies who pitted early cos of damage was now in P2. After some very intelligent driving from Twissy, who proceeded to bump draft me, & I in return, saw us catch the leaders to the aforementioned photo finish.

Got pole on Indy Oval too, but walled it in Race 1, & by then my enthusiasm had gone, especially after having to listen to the awful high pitched dissonant engine whine, I hate that so much in GT5, another reason I only drive stock cars. So we ended the evening early, it was short but sweet, thanks for some fun races guys.

:D

SSCS: SLS World Tour!

Featuring the Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG '10, on Sports Hard tyres, at: Daytona Road, Fuji F & Circuit De La Sarthe 2009, the theory is that a wide car on wide tracks should equal more overtaking, & therefore more fun! The skid pad numbers I found for this car are: 1g for the 2010 version, & 0.96g for the 2011 one, so Sports Hard is the correct tyre choice either way.

Drivers Briefing

• The Race Specifics, as written in the OP, apply everywhere on all tracks, except for the 2 instances mentioned in the Exceptions To Race Specifics. If you are in any doubt, read them both again before attending, i don't want to see people deliberately/nonchalantly using the run off areas on Fuji F.
  • SSCS newbies must drive in white cars only, regular members who've made it onto the Tried & Tested SSCS Drivers list (it's in the OP, check it out) can race in any colour except for white.
  • The warm up drive will be on the Nordschleife, with a sunrise/night to day transition over 20 minutes.
  • Qually at Le Mans will be extended to 15 minutes long, so we can all put in at least 1 flying lap. As a result, Race 1 at Le Mans will be at 15 minutes past, & Race 2 at 30 minutes past. We will be racing with a real time day to night transition over the course of 65 minutes, so prepare yourself for some stunning scenery, oh & by the way, the forecast is looking dry!
  • RANDOM RULE REMINDER! Regarding SSCS Damage rule, bullet point 2: if you accidentally nudge someone off their racing line, you are not allowed to use it as an overtaking opportunity. Let them regain their line ahead of you, & try again, after all, this is an event for gentlemen. This is not to say that all overtakes must be 100% devoid of unintentional contact (rubbing is racing), as long as it's not deliberate, & doesn't result in damage or pushing another driver wide.

👍

Last edited:
I have read and agree to all rules and regulations. Looking forward to race with you all. PSN: NEPALII:tup:

I have read and agree to all rules and regulations. Looking forward to race with you all. PSN: NEPALII:tup:

Welcome to SSCS, hope to see you out on track this Saturday.

:D

I'm in, this is exactly what I've been looking for. Thanks for taking the time to organize this kind of stuff. Hope to see ya'll this weekend. PSN: mr2racer84

I'm in, this is exactly what I've been looking for. Thanks for taking the time to organize this kind of stuff. Hope to see ya'll this weekend. PSN: mr2racer84

VBR
If you're interested & can attend at least once a month, make a post (saying you've read all the Rules & Regs), & send a friend request on PSN to: VirtualBornRacer, with "SSCS" in the message.

You're more than welcome to attend, but please take the time to read all the information in the OP, especially the Rules & Regs, thanks.

👍

I would participate, but being the oldest child in a family of 5 members, 4 heavy internet users, there is no way in the history of ways I could have sole internet use. It's just not gonna happen.

I would participate, but being the oldest child in a family of 5 members, 4 heavy internet users, there is no way in the history of ways I could have sole internet use. It's just not gonna happen.

Thanks for taking the time to read the Optimize Your Connection rules, I appreciate that. However, it really applies just to those with slow to standard connections, if you have a very high upload/download you might still be able to come race without causing any issues.

Go to: http://internet-speedtest.net & let me know what your upload & download speeds are, please perform the tests at night when everyone is using the connection. Also, check out what your ping & jitter is at www.pingtest.net thanks.

👍

You could come & drive at the warm up drive, & if you're lagging we'll let you know so you can leave, if you're not then you can race.

VBR
Thanks for taking the time to read the Optimize Your Connection rules, I appreciate that. However, it really applies just to those with slow to standard connections, if you have a very high upload/download you might still be able to come race without causing any issues.

Go to: http://internet-speedtest.net & let me know what your upload & download speeds are, please perform the tests at night when everyone is using the connection. Also, check out what your ping & jitter is at www.pingtest.net thanks.

👍

You could come & drive at the warm up drive, & if you're lagging we'll let you know so you can leave, if you're not then you can race.

I have 50Mbps In/Out, but here are the IRL specs at a time where 4 of 5 household members are online.

1413917954.png

So really, I shouldn't have any problems XD It's wireless BTW, as is my PS3. But I've never had issues with lag on any games ever.

BTW, is it ok if I only stay for 2 of the 3 races? The last one gets pretty late for me...

I have 50Mbps In/Out, but here are the IRL specs at a time where 4 of 5 household members are online.

1413917954.png

So really, I shouldn't have any problems XD It's wireless BTW, as is my PS3. But I've never had issues with lag on any games ever.

BTW, is it ok if I only stay for 2 of the 3 races? The last one gets pretty late for me...

WHOA! That is the highest upload speed I've ever seen or heard of, I'm sure you've got enough bandwidth there for a small country, hehe! Come along & race, I'm sure you'll be fine, & yes it's ok to stay for as many or as few races as you want to, just as long as you stick to the qually & race eligability rules, & make sure to read all the Rules & Regs before attending please, thanks.

👍

VBR
WHOA! That is the highest upload speed I've ever seen or heard of, I'm sure you've got enough bandwidth there for a small country, hehe! Come along & race, I'm sure you'll be fine, & yes it's ok to stay for as many or as few races as you want to, just as long as you stick to the qually & race eligability rules, & make sure to read all the Rules & Regs before attending please, thanks.

👍

Denmark is a small country XD But yeah, I have pretty fast internet XD I wonder how I'll cope when I someday move away from home lol, I doubt I can afford 50Mbps then XD

And I've already read them, but knowing my memory, I'll have to again before the start XD

1413917954.png

Holy crap!! You guys get these speeds on Denmark? Geez, let me borrow some of that bandwith! :) :sly:

Holy crap!! You guys get these speeds on Denmark? Geez, let me borrow some of that bandwith! :) :sly:

No, read, faster than 85% of Denmark XD One time I tried it I was faster than 92%, can't remember the speeds though, was around 30 both ways IIRC.

So, how is everyone finding the SLS AMG on Sports Hard tyres?

VBR
So, how is everyone finding the SLS AMG on Sports Hard tyres?
I haven't tried it yet, I don't know if I have much time to practise before the race. I liked it on racing hard, I liked it on sports soft. I'm sure I'll like it on sports hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back