Saturday Stock Car Series! THIS EVENT HAS BEEN PERMANENTLY CANCELLED.

• Thread starter VBR
  • 319 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice combo this week vbr, im going to be extra careful so im not spending my hard earned credits on cars for other people :)

See you there on saturday, Im gonna be driving like an old granny until I get the hang of it lol, See you tonight at PS home VBR.

Any new rules, updates or features in the OP, will be highlighted at the end with a: *, this is to make it easier for you to find them when you check for possible updates each week.

👍

Last edited:
Random thought: practice room settings could use connection/voice quality information. From my own experience I find that those could affect the way car handles.

Random thought: practice room settings could use connection/voice quality information. From my own experience I find that those could affect the way car handles.

Thanks for the feedback & advice! Chat is off at SSCS, it does say that mics are disabled in the OP, but I haven't told anyone the quality setting I use. I set My Lounge to "Standard", I'll go & update the OP with that info.

:cheers:

EDIT: Done! :D

Last edited:
I'm going to try and join in this week. Missed out two weeks ago because of the lock (didn't want to join during a dispute) and wasn't available last week.

Really looking forward to it. I'll send a Friends request to VBR.

I'm going to try and join in this week. Missed out two weeks ago because of the lock (didn't want to join during a dispute) and wasn't available last week.

Really looking forward to it. I'll send a Friends request to VBR.

What's your PSN ID? If it's different to your GT Planet username that is!

I might miss this one due to my connection letting me down once again.

It's not funny anymore.:grumpy:

VBR
Are you sure it's not cos you're scared of jh001?

;)
No time for jokes now.:mad::dopey:

I was just in his lounge testing my connection. It seems to be fine. Scary place though.:nervous:

I hope you do make it tonight wge, M3's on The Ring could be EPIC!

:D

VBR
What's your PSN ID? If it's different to your GT Planet username that is!
Yeah it's the same. I'll send you a Friends request in a minute.

BEWARE, pad user here :nervous:

Also, if I'm lagging about the track let me know and I'll quit because I know how it feels to be stuck behind someone who teleports all over the place.

I've got totally confused.

Been practicing tonight thinking that it kicks off later (looked to long at 22:00 for the 24hr circuit) but now I realise that you guys did actually start at 19:30 and now I can't join because I missed the first race.

Not very good at this am I?

Gutted.

*plays B:BC2*

:(

Yeah i'm a little late too, just came home a few minutes ago...

Damn, how do I manage to always miss the greatest combos? Gotta work on that :D

I'm stuck in black screen. How about you?

The same situation...... 5 min black screen.

@Kemp1010, sorry for ruin your race. Anyway, choose a car, and let me know.

Whatever you want to 1.000.000cr..... standard or premium, I have them all.

Sorry for chatting so long. Didn't know it was the last race. I don't car about winning, but I care about having fun battles. Missed 2 out of the 3 races, so I'm pretty frustated. The few time I had racing was me struggling to keep the car on the track and I apoligise for the collisions I made.

I'm frustated because there might not be such a nice combo as this one (though I like every combo at SSCS).

Kemp1010 and VBR: I will give you both a car. I don't mind what car you choose I gift it to you.

Might take some time grinding.

I've got totally confused.

Been practicing tonight thinking that it kicks off later (looked to long at 22:00 for the 24hr circuit) but now I realise that you guys did actually start at 19:30 and now I can't join because I missed the first race.

Not very good at this am I?

Gutted.

*plays B:BC2*

:(

The rule about missing the first race, only applies at the beginning of each new hour, this is because we change track you see. You can always join in starting with any qually session at the beginning of a new hour on a new track. If you read the SSCS Race Event info again, you will see that the format of Race 1 & Race 2, repeats itself every hour.

👍

@Kemp1010, sorry for ruin your race. Anyway, choose a car, and let me know.

Whatever you want to 1.000.000cr..... standard or premium, I have them all.

Kemp1010 and VBR: I will give you both a car. I don't mind what car you choose I gift it to you.

Might take some time grinding.

Please do not offer to give anyone cars! I will fine anyone who I have received a complaint about, & so far I have only received one, & it's about neither of you! If I find someone has damaged another drivers car when watching the replays, then I will give out a fine amount according to the amount of damage done. Fines will be in the form of 1, 2 or 3x 950,000 brand new race cars ONLY! If you are in any doubt, please re-read the procedure by clicking here.

👍

PS: wge, you never even damaged my car! :)

Last edited:
Had some connection problems last night, the first race at 24hr I didnt load until almost everyone had set off and the second 24hr race I got kicked from the lobby :(. Hopefully next week will be better. Anyway great racing last night and ill look forward to next weekends combo :)

VBR
The rule about missing the first race, only applies at the beginning of each new hour, this is because we change track you see. You can always join in starting with any qually session at the beginning of a new hour on a new track. If you read the SSCS Race Event info again, you will see that the format of Race 1 & Race 2, repeats itself every hour.

👍
So, in conclusion, I'm still not very good at this lark :lol:

Thanks. Hopefully next weekend I'll be a bit more attentive.

I fully agree that connection quality affects handling. I think it causes lag to control input (even a slight lag destroys anyones style)

Thanks. Hopefully next weekend I'll be a bit more attentive.

If there's anything you're unsure of, PM me or make a post in this thread, & I'll do my best to help you.

👍

I fully agree that connection quality affects handling. I think it causes lag to control input (even a slight lag destroys anyones style)

That's right, the Race Quality setting will cause lag if set too high, this is because some peoples upload connection speed isn't high enough. Will also cause more disconnects if set high, as some peoples line speed fluctuates, & if it falls below the threshold set by the room, they get booted out automatically.

That's why I always set it to Standard, as it's a good compromise between having enough 'driving information' exchanged, & allowing users with lower bandwidths to join in.

Even so, the most amount of lag I've seen at SSCS has come from guys with very good speeds, go figure!

:crazy:

Hi VBR, I got your messages on PSN last night but as you were in the middle of SSCS I didn't want to reply and put you off.

The comments I made after my first participation in this series were in the heat of the moment and, from what I see here and what I've heard, this is a good clean and competitive series. I would like to participate again in the future but it will probably be on odd occasions.

I like the idea of the fines too.I can imagine Captain Roh employing something similar in the Concours Club in the future.

Thanks for the post DOUQA, you'd be most welcome at SSCS anytime, I've seen your driving at Concours enough to know that you're a fair racer. Sorry for what happened the first time you came, we had 1 very incompetent driver & it was his first night, he took me out of Race 1 & you out of Race 2.

When I first posted this event, all new drivers had to do a test race before they were allowed to race, but no one signed up, so I dropped the idea! Now that we have a healthy grid of good drivers, I might just bring it back.

:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back