Scavenger Hunt Week 12 - check post 1 for details.

• Thread starter Boz Mon
  • 946 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
LongBeach008.jpg

NA 6. 415 HP. GT3 911

I wanna be grown up. I have 3 possible entries

LongBeach036.jpg

Diablo and big SUV

LongBeach062.jpg

Exgie and Expedition

LongBeach049.jpg

Murcielago and Navi

NASP 6-pots...

scavhuntwk136pots3pi1.jpg

Hyundai Coupe V6 - 162hp (2.7)

scavhuntwk136pots4pj8.jpg

BMW 323i SE - 170hp (2.5)

scavhuntwk136pots1if1.jpg

Vauxhall Omega 2.5V6 GLS - 167hp (2.5) & Mercedes-Benz CLK320 - 218hp (3.2)

scavhuntwk136pots5xu9.jpg

Toyota Supra - 240hp (3.0 - not standard, power rating supplied by owner)

scavhuntwk136pots2rh4.jpg

Porsche Cayman S - 295hp (3.4)​

Slow Red Cars

scavhuntwk13slowred1qs9.jpg

scavhuntwk13slowred3sj2.jpg

scavhuntwk13slowred4ma6.jpg

scavhuntwk13slowred5ov3.jpg

scavhuntwk13slowred6fh3.jpg

But not even that is slow enough for... the 1 litre automatic Micra!

scavhuntwk13slowred2pw5.jpg

I've been away this week. I think I managed like 2 Mazda3s, and of course, seen numerous cars that would fit the criteria, but rarely carried my camera around. I even saw a red Microcar... 0-60 in never, top speed is 45 mph. :mischievous:

Oh well, one Mazda3

* Most Powerful (HP) 6-Cylinder NATURALLY ASPIRATED Engine
1pt. bennyrrrrrrrrr (GT3 911, 415HP)

* Slowest (0-60) RED Car.
1pt. Famine (Nissian Micra 1.0L, 15.9sec.....)

* I-Wanna-Be a rally car (Dirtiest 'Rally' car)
No entries

* When I grow up I want to be him! (Biggest Size difference)
1pt. Bennyrrrrrrrrrr (Exgie and Expedition, admittedly I didn't measure it, but no one else entered and I'd think that'd be the biggest difference out of his)

Mazda Mazdaspeed 3/Mazda 3 MPS's
No one found the Speed3/MPS version of the car.
-----------------------
Grand Total
Beennyrrrrrrrrrrr: 2pts
Famine: 1pts....
-----------------------
BennyRRRR is up next!!!

Leaderboard updated...and remember to send via PM the categories to Boz Man so he remembers we are still doing this.

hmmm... I thought it was just find a Mazda3, not a Mazdaspeed/MPS... oh well

Guess who saw, and photographed, a red 2CV yesterday, but forgot to post it? :ouch:

Hmmmm. Since its my first time, ill try not to screw this up.

1. Slowest German Car
0-60 MPH. Slowest time wins. Smart cars anyone?

2. Most Expensive Toyota
Toyota's are known for being relatively cheap and economical, but cash is king. Hint: Tundra Crew Max's can get into the $50,000 range.

3. Worst Park Job.
Probably a Porsche, but hey, anyone can win. Who has the dumbest and most out of whack park job wins. (But you cant use your own car, park like a moron, snap a pic, and then use it as an entry.

4. Longest Car.
As the title says, whichever car has the longest length. Limo's do not count. But a Maybach sure as hell does.

BONUS!!!
Catch a photo of a Aston Martin (DB9, DB7) next to a Jaguar XK and you get a point. Lets face it, they're seperated at birth, might was well reunite them.

Sorry for my lack of participation this week - I had some company in town and I didn't want to be scavenging while I entertained. I'm back for this week, I promise! Benny - when is the competition's due date?

I'm assuming Lexus won't work for the most expensive Toyota?

Is Lexus Lexus in NZ, or are they just Toyotas?

It depends, New Zealand new Lexii (Lexuss) are badged as Lexus. We get lots of used Japanese imports which are badged as Toyotas. Eg Toyota Windom, Celsior, Altezza and Soarer etc.

Our most expensive Toyota badged Toyota is The Landcruiser 4.2 V8 for NZ$116,000.

The most expensive Lexus badged Toyota is the LS600h (Toyota Celsior) for NZ$250,000.

That was my question, because we get Lexuses and Toyotas, but whereas the most expensive Toyota might be the Land Cruiser something, the most expensive Lexus is the LS600h... which is awesome.

Oh, and by the way, I'd say it's Lexuses, since "Lexus" isn't a Latin word.

Anyone know where I can find performance figures for older cars, more specifically the Corsa A... I'd be willing to bet some of them are slower than Smarts.

Diego, try google. But I bet you already have... Lexus does not count towards most expensive Toyota.

Correct but wrong reasoning - 'Focus', when referring to the Ford, is still a Latin word but cannot be abbreviated as 'Focii' because it is a proper noun.

plus, I think the English dictionaries have allowed words like Focuses, Forums and Geniuses, for the sake of non-arguments such as these.

That was my question, because we get Lexuses and Toyotas, but whereas the most expensive Toyota might be the Land Cruiser something, the most expensive Lexus is the LS600h... which is awesome.

Nor is it Greek. Since it's a proper noun, the plural is whatever the person who invented it says it is.

And Toyota say "Lexuses"...

Incidentally... almost no English dictionary gives the correct plural of "Octopus".

I'm posting mine today as I won't be about tomorrow.

1. Slowest German Car

Smart Fortwo (no not the Mirage, in the other lane :) )

2. Most Expensive Toyota
Toyota Landcruiser Prado NZ$78,930

3. Worst Park Job.
Honda Innova parked on an angle, across a footpath and blocking a driveway.

4. Longest Car.

Ford Fairlane: 5153mm

1. Slowest German Car
0-60 MPH. Slowest time wins. Smart cars anyone?

This week, of course, being the week everyone puts their Smart ForTwos in the garage... Gah. Best I could do:

scavhuntslowgermanym2.jpg

Smart Roadster (80PS) - 0-60mph in 10.6s

Edit: WOOHOO!

scavhuntslowgerman1rn4.jpg

Smart ForTwo Grandstyle Auto - 0-60mph in 15.0s

2. Most Expensive Toyota
Toyota's are known for being relatively cheap and economical, but cash is king. Hint: Tundra Crew Max's can get into the $50,000 range.

Kept my eyes peeled for one of these all week and finally... Paydirt!

scavhuntexpensivetoyotavj2.jpg

Toyota Landcruiser Amazon 4.2 TD Auto - £49,925 (that's $101,000, give or take).

3. Worst Park Job.
Probably a Porsche, but hey, anyone can win. Who has the dumbest and most out of whack park job wins. (But you cant use your own car, park like a moron, snap a pic, and then use it as an entry).

Couple of decent entries here...

scavhuntbadpark1fc7.jpg

This guy has actually managed to get his vehicle into his space, the space to his right, the space in front of him AND the space to his left. 4 spaces in one go...

scavhuntbadpark2em0.jpg

Whereas this guy has managed to get it in NO spaces at all. Please note the FIVE empty parking spaces at the top of the picture...

scavhuntbadpark3bs2.jpg

Now this is just sad. The Ford Ka, designed to be small and easy to park. It's not much more than 10 feet long and yet the driver still couldn't manage to stick it in a 30 foot space. She drove it in forwards too, smacked the kerb with the front-right tyre (that's DRIVER'S side...) twice and still left the rear left hanging out into the road...

4. Longest Car.
As the title says, whichever car has the longest length. Limo's do not count. But a Maybach sure as hell does.

Had a mite of trouble with this one, so I visited RAF Mildenhall. Lots of American cars there... :D

scavhuntlongestou6.jpg

scavhuntlongest2fp8.jpg

Two Nissan Navaras, at 5.22m (17 feet, 1.5 inches) long each.

scavhuntlongest3fu8.jpg

This is a Dodge Ram Wagon. I can't work out the model, but it's between 5.21m and 5.87m long. Edit: Doug says it's a 15-seat Dodge Ram Wagon which, is, according to Wave3Cars, 231.2in long, which equates to 19 feet, 3.2 inches or 5.87 metres.

I also had two really massive vehicles I couldn't identify, so I shall include them for Doug (or whomever) to ID for me:

scavhuntlongestatb8.jpg

scavhuntlongestbfd4.jpg

Edit: According to Doug, the top one is a "1997-2004 Ford F-150 ex-cab, long bed, which is 244.1 inches (6.2 meters) long." - that's TWENTY feet, 4.1 inches..! Yikes.

No bonuses from me :(

Deadline is tomorrow, right?

Oh my, vans and pickups are valid? Sweet!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back