SFGTP2 - Los Dos!

I see someone with a green T-shirt and a blue base ball cap. And someone in a white T-shirt who doesn't participate.

There's somebody with a GTP T-shirt, standing in front of the webcam (not all the time)

So that's where everyone's gone... You know you left it running on a replay, right?

EDIT

Oooh! A person!

I saw you wave... Well I say wave, it was more of a theatrical movement across the room.

sounds like you guys are having a nice time. The ocho has also proved to be tough compeititon.

Sorry, this has been bugging me. What's the thing top right of the webcam image? There's a heavy duty extension cable looping over it, if that helps.

2 things...

1. Smallhorses! thanks so much for hosting, This is the most fun I've ever had with GT4. It was really nice to meet people from this forum and put faces to their SN. 👍

2. I want a G25. xD even though I sucked on it...

smallhorses in the blue shirt, kylehnat is in the red shirt with white stripes on sleeves, ceiling_fan is in the red shirt, jump_ace is in the striped long sleeve, strop is in the GTP2 shirt, touring mars is in a white tee as well, and alrivers in the black shirt with bender saying "bite my shiny metal ass"

ceiling_fan has a beard? :confused:

It seems that you guys are experiencing some technical problems.

The LEGENDARY Clio Endurance race is underway at "Los Dos"!

3 teams of 2 drivers! And a floater. :dopey:

Team 1 alrivers + Kylehnat

Team 2 ceiling_fan + jump_ace

Team 3 Strop + Touring Mars

Smallhorses will handicap each team by driving a session for each!!

That's awesome :) How's New York holding up?

Edit: get out the camera shot, jump_ace! :D

Just got back in to P-town, What a weekend, one that I will never forget. The best hosts you could ask for, unique cuisine, great competition and clean racing (as much as humanly possible) and Chris, have a safe flight back home and tell everyone one day, I'll be comin' for them, lol.

Jerome

Sounds like you had as much fun as we did. Hopefully next time we can sort out a live link up... :D

A terrific weekend 👍 Superb racing and a very good laugh at the same time. Was great to meet everyone, not only to put faces to some very familiar names, but plenty more besides! A huge thanks to Smallhorses at itgirlxx (aka Nick and Rachel) whose outstanding hospitality made the weekend so enjoyable... :D(I'm sitting in Nick's living room, using his laptop as we speak!!) A big thank you also to Alex (alrivers) for picking me up on Saturday morning from my hotel downtown 👍

jauna b. (Josh) won the prize for cracking the first beer of the weekend at 10.30 am on Saturday morning ("Hey, it's noon somewhere, right?") closely followed by Touring Mars (me) at 10.31 am. Dave (ceiling_fan) won the prize for Most Comfortable Foldable Pink Chair of the Weekend (the inaugrual MCFPCotW award, I believe) - that's what these LAN's need is more foldable comfy pink chairs, if you ask me. Dave's "constant commentary" was hilarious to the point of distraction!! Kyle (kylehnat) is a formidable driver and I seemed to spend most of my time either blocking him horribly or just waiting to be overtaken! Was great to meet you and finally meet the man behind the quality posts badge! Was a shame that Nick (V1P3R) couldn't make both days but was great to meet you on the Saturday! Nick also won the prize for most brand spankingly new TV, still in the wrapper during the racing! Strop (Craig) graciously didn't live up to his name and also won the award for the best rig of the weekend, which we eventually shared for the Clio endurance, with me on the DS2 and Craig using his customised G25. Craig also won the Hugest Camera in the Bay Area (October 2007) Award! Looking forward to seeing your pics! ;)

Finally, it's always a pleasure to race against a truly great GT player, and I think everyone at SFGTP2 would agree that this is a title befitting of Jerome (jump_ace)... :bowdown:... just like VEXD over the pond, you may well enjoy the lead for a while, but when you look over and figure out what car Jerome is in, you know that it's only a matter of time until he's right behind you and just waiting on that tiny mistake... something that Jerome rarely or ever made himself!

It was great to meet you all and with any luck our paths will cross again, either in the US or even the UK. I'll post up my pics when I get back to the UK next week, and hopefully even a couple of vids including ceiling_fan's amazing sideways (a full 90 degrees!) driving :eek:

Thanks to everyone. The racing reminded me why I bought the game, and the attendees reminded me why I bought a premium subscription.
And a special thanks to Smallhorses and itgirlxx for making it happen.

Eleven hours later, I'm back in the chilly, soggy village I call home :).

:cheers: to Smallhorses and itgirlxx.

Thanks for having us immature pseudo-adults over for some olde-time videotronic fun! I had a great time, and drank enough of your beer to recoup my petrol costs :D. It was fantastic getting to meet everyone, and the trip was well worth it!

And in case anyone was wondering, the Mazda 3 can reach its top speed in 4th gear. (But don't tell the CHP :D).

What more can I say? (except maybe "Go here to see some videos and photos"!!!!)

Once again huge thanks to my wife, itgirlxx
cupidarrow.gif
for allowing me to indulge my other passion, and for helping me to host and entertain all our guests for the weekend!

Touring Mars: Travelled 5500 miles to get here :eek: and provided some really excellent competition and amusing commentary for all of us during the weekend! His flying Spitfire video, reverse angle to ceiling_fan's, will be forthcoming, upon his safe return from Yosemite (don't play with the bears!!!) Thanks too for ferrying some sorely-missed British goodies over for us, like Twiglets, teabags & Cadbury's! :drool:
Also wins the award for fastest destruction of a Chicken Masala ev4r at lunchtime on Sunday! :scared:

Kylehnat: Another epic traveller, spending almost 24hrs behind the wheel of his Mazda 3 for his combined to-&-from Olympia, WA. journey, to spend almost 24hrs behind a DS2 :boggled: driving in GT4!!! :bowdown: A fierce competitor and a pleasure to race alongside! 👍 Provider of many priceless, perfectly timed comments throughout the weekend, some of which will come to light in the results thread for sure!!!

jump_ace & Mrs. jump_ace: Was an absolute pleasure to have you guys stay! We found your thank you note last night! You really shouldn't have! We're so touched, you'd done more than enough just getting down here and making the event possible! :) A LAN can't be a LAN without drivers and equipment! .....And what a driver!!!! Petrifyingly fast :scared:, I enjoyed several attempts at clinging to Jerome's bumper, only to be left eating dust!
broom.gif
<---- (Me sweeping Jerome's dust!!!) Well deserving of his overall driver of the weekend prize!

Strop: Whilst being the oldest of our posse, he has the least GT4 experience of us all (having only begun in July!), and showed a tremendous amount of bottle to come and race some of us more seasoned veterans, taking an outright win in one of the Race Car Handicap rounds! :bowdown: Full of wonderful Aussie anecdotes, witticisms and a voracious appetite for puddings :lol:, we're all looking forward to seeing the pictures from the official winner of Touring Mars' "Hugest Camera in the Bay Area (October 2007) Award"!
Looking forward to some continued competition in Div.2 of WRS over the coming weeks and months, and hopefully will be coming back like a boomerang for SFGTP3!!!! ;)

V1P3R: Thanks again for coming along, racing hard, and generously allowing us to continue using your PS2 to keep the 6-way LAN going on Sunday even though you couldn't attend yourself, and were sorely missed! A true gentleman! 👍
Hopefully we'll see you back and G25'd for SFGTP3?!!!!! :D
(Also very sorry for almost, well OK, actually forgetting that you were coming back for your monitor as we all dashed thirstily off in search of beer and food on Saturday night!!! :guilty:)

juana b.: Once again provided sturdy tables that withstood the beatings of 4 complete setups and some shaky DFP action! Another sorely missed competitor for Sunday, he continued his SFGTP1 form by cracking the first beer of the day on Saturday while we struggled with the misbehaving network setup!!! I enjoyed many of my closest races of Saturday with Josh, and he would certainly challenge Specialized (of UKGTP fame) for his ability to grab a swig of beer on even the shortest straightaway of any given circuit!!! :lol:

alrivers: Technical-guru and party animal extraordinare, he left us on Saturday evening after a great day's racing, and unlimited patience in setting us up with the webcam, which was watched by many people throughout the weekend, and proceeded to party-on in Sacramento! Got back in record time following a phone call to suggest that he may be a little late, and proceeded to show no signs of tiredness (although TM has evidence of this kicking in later on!) as he helped Kyle to victory in the Clio Endurance race! Thanks also for going out of your way to collect a (then) strange Scotsman :odd: (or should that be Scots stranger? :P) from downtown SF! Kudos for wearing the infamous upside-down logo'd SFGTP1 t-shirt too!! :dopey:

ceiling_fan: Holder and probably longtime defendant of MCFPCotW award, he provided not only great almost unendingly funny commentary throughout both days, but once again supplied a superb SFGTP2 logo for the thread and t-shirts and Mrs. jump_ace's fake but extremely authentic looking GT Premium avatar!! Has also been nominated by VEXD for "Most Psychotic manouever" award after the Spyker scaring tactics that he employed at Infineon! (See results thread for video footage! :eek:)
Apologies to your parents for being in such a hurry to get out and eat on Saturday night that they didn't really get a chance to come in and see our place & the LAN setup properly. :(

Finally, another thank you to Jordan without whom we'd not have a forum to have met up on, and arrange this event on! Also for letting us use your logo to freely advertise your site wherever we wear our t-shirts!!!
Your personalised copy is on it's way to you shortly!!! ;)

I too am back home ... all 60 miles away. Had a ball and will definitely be back again next year for more butt-kickin action (hopefully someone else's next time, but in all likelihood mine :)). Thanks very much to Nick and Rachel for hosting this, if you're ever out this way feel free to drop in for a Fosters and even some bangers and mash if it's barbie weather.

Thanks also to all the other racers for letting me win one race (so I had a 600HP advantage, big deal! :)) and letting me learn from some of the best.

Craig (aka Strop).

Back