SFGTP2 - Los Dos!

Weird.
This is what I see:

screencap1ll8.jpg

Any ideas how I can fix this? I'm on IE6 (and not allowed to change that, as it's a corporate laptop) where are the unicode settings, and what do I need to do to them? :boggled:

I can do it. :)

Many thanks man, from both of us :) Just try to leave out the horns and mustache's so I can ensure myself a good nights sleep, heheh 👍

Jerome

Roo, thanks for the screen shot so I can see what all the fuss is about.
Jerome, bring ear plugs to ensure a good nights sleep chez smallhorses ;)

No! :scared: It's a separate room, but it shares the wall with our bedroom! :)
However, I have been described while sleeping, as making noises akin to a 427 Cobra, with straight pipes, being held at a 6500 rpm idle!!! :eek:

Well Becky sleeps with earplugs in all the time anyway, even though I don't snore. If needed we just may sleep on the other side of the bed, lol.

Jerome

Just spoken to Ray!

Who is Ray, I'm sorry I'm bad with names and nicknames unless its my own, I'm just selfish that way :P Glad to hear things are okay, does that mean we are down to 9 drivers now?

Jerome

Who is Ray, I'm sorry I'm bad with names and nicknames unless its my own, I'm just selfish that way :P Glad to hear things are okay, does that mean we are down to 9 drivers now?

Jerome

Sorry, Jerome! :guilty:
Ray = SimRaceDriver

Assuming no-one else bails at the last minute (you'd better not, I've just been printing the T-shirts!) we're down to 9 drivers, but hopefully we'll have enough equipment to make a 6-way LAN station, although we'll be short of 1 wheel, so the last station will be for dedicated DS2ers!

9 should be perfect, meaning we'll have a rotating 6-on, 3-off deal going on.

Just 1 wheel as far as I can tell, assuming everyone comes prepared with what they're supposed to be coming with! We should be OK for TVs & PS2s, mem-cards and GT4 disks. Since it's unlikely that we'll actually have a race with 6-wheel users simultaneously, it's probably not going to be a showstopper! :D
(It looks :cool: on the photos though!)

If no-one comes, I've got a lot of prizes and t-shirts with other peoples names on, a lot of racing against AI to do, and a whole fridgeful of beer & sodas to drink!!! :lol: :ill:

Just in case I didn't mention this already.......

Don't forget headphones!!!!

And cameras! Lots of cameras are good so there'll be pictures of everyone driving and doing stupid stuff. :)

I'll bring my headphones and my wheel no worries there, if there are three of us using ds2's then we should be fine. I may hop on the wheel once or twice, maybe not. I'm smooth on the wheel but SLOWWWWWW :ouch: Less than a week from now I'll be in San Fran! My co-workers in my tech dept are way jealous too, they racie racie not so fastie fastie, lol. I hope things go well Ray, sorry you can't make it. I think for my airport poster I'm gonna make a sign that says 'my little pony' or 'pequeno caballos' jaykay's ;)

Jerome

cant we just connect through yahoo! messenger for the live video feed? ooo!! i have this program, but i need your server info (Nick). Could we possibly set up a date when i can go up there to see if we could get it set up?

Server info? Now I'm :boggled:! What exactly in layman's (non-techie laymen at that!) terms will you need?

I'll be working in Modesto at the beginning of next week, so that's a couple of days written off. When can you get over here?
I should be around tomorrow, you have my cell# from last time so give me a shout. 👍

hmm, maybe after work tomorrow night? i'm off at 6:30-ish. email me directions from 1675 Howard St, San Francisco CA 👍 tanx

After a marathon phone call and some excellent IT help from one of UCSD's resident boffins last night, alrivers & I (OK, I just watched! :P) were able to get a webcam running and have some instructions to enable folks that aren't attending to see what is going on. :D (no sound though. Good job if juana b. & I are racing together closely! There'd have to be a "bleep" machine & Parental Advisory Warning!!! :eek:)

Keep an eye on this thread for details, and we'll probably make a general announcement thread for the 2 days, as the login site will change from day-to-day as the IP address assigned by the wireless router changes!!!!

Also V1P3R needs to clear some space in his PM box! :grumpy:
Or send me a PM with his contact info (mobile phone # or e-mail address) please? :)

After a marathon phone call and some excellent IT help from one of UCSD's resident boffins last night, alrivers & I (OK, I just watched! :P) were able to get a webcam running and have some instructions to enable folks that aren't attending to see what is going on. :D (no sound though. Good job if juana b. & I are racing together closely! There'd have to be a "bleep" machine & Parental Advisory Warning!!! :eek:)

Keep an eye on this thread for details, and we'll probably make a general announcement thread for the 2 days, as the login site will change from day-to-day as the IP address assigned by the wireless router changes!!!!

i think i'm just going to leave my laptop at your place saturday night so that i don't have to reset everything on sunday morning. because then...instead of being this = :sly: ...i will be this = :scared: =P

:D (no sound though. Good job if juana b. & I are racing together closely! There'd have to be a "bleep" machine & Parental Advisory Warning!!! :eek:)

Thank goodness. As I only know about a dozen words, that would've cut me down to about 4 or 5. Which would mean I would be communicating mostly with clicks and grunts.

I'm sad to say i wont be able to make it... missed some school last week to visit San Luis Obispo to take a campus tour of Cal Poly (18 hr drive there and back) and then had a kart race on sunday (1 hr away) and the parents don't want me driving another 10 hours this upcoming weekend... hopefully i'll be able to come to a future one though! have fun!

I'm sad to say i wont be able to make it... missed some school last week to visit San Luis Obispo to take a campus tour of Cal Poly (18 hr drive there and back) and then had a kart race on sunday (1 hr away) and the parents don't want me driving another 10 hours this upcoming weekend... hopefully i'll be able to come to a future one though! have fun!

hey! i went there for 2 years. what are you going to study? btw, sorry to hear you cant make it

The bags are packed, the car is gassed, and my skillz is crap! It's Dos-ing time! :D

I'm soooo looking forward to getting away from work...

"Los Dos" is only 2 and a bit days from starting it's engines! The intrepid travellers are preparing for their journeys and I've still got a crapload of ironing to do!!!.....

Bring it on! Fun will be had by all! Looking forward to seeing you all on Saturday (and some of you tomorrow or Friday too!!!)

Welp- I knew it would happen, I can't make it, this weekend I'm really truly sorry to dissapoint you-....heheh, alright admit it, your heart tickled your throat there admit it, lol. I kid I kid, we'll be there and I'm counting down the hours, can't freakin' wait. You got my number Nick if you need anything let me know :) I've got to spend some time in this clio car, any idea where we will be driving it? Laters all, or should I say soon :mischievous:

Jerome

The location of the Clio endurance is undisclosed, but it'll likely be a short track. Like Autumn ring was at UKGTP6.

In other news, I get to go to Emeryville on my day off! Woo!

(My school is in Emeryville too.)

Back