SFGTP2 - Los Dos!

I'll have to ask for a $5 donation each for them this time. Sorry. :guilty:
Don't be. In fact count me in for a $10 donation for my shirt... and $20 if you can make my avatar animated on my shirt. ;)

Actually I might be able to do that with a 3" OLED patch. :)

Hmm.. I was only sort of kidding, but now that might be kind of a fun project.

T-Shirts, eh? Cool idea! Can I request one as well? I would love one! I'd pay $5 bux for one u bet!

Jerome

Well, just got back from a mini-lan today, had loads of great races against Smallhorses- I won Trial Mountain Reverse by .060, and I won Seoul Reverse by .037 seconds! :D

/\ Sounds like a good time was had-wait...hey no fair cheating and getting a head start! lol. Pretty close racing, any replays to speak of? I'm just spoiled that way I guess :sly:

Jerome

Organic Light Emitting Diode?

Also called Organo-Electro-Luminiescent displays - OELs.

Right?

Organic Light Emitting Diode?

Also called Organo-Electro-Luminiescent displays - OELs.

Right?

Nope. it's Orphaned Lollipop Enzyme Distributors.

I'm pretty sure, anyway.

@jump_ace: no replays, sorry! Would've been a good idea though. My driving has definitely improved since "the uno." :mischievous:

Actually, I'd planned on making shirts for the attendees again, personalised with GTplanet.net usernames & avatars (Avatars - current to about 2 weeks before event, so don't go changing them last minute, and expecting me to be able to keep up!!! :scared:) as well as one for Jordan and itgirlxx. Now that Digital-Nitrate wants one too, that's about 12 I've got to do. For 5 (8 if you count Jordan & itgirlxx's, oh and the extra one for alrivers after I :censored:ed up the first one!) shirts last time it wasn't a big deal, but this time round, the increased volume, the number of packs of iron-on transfers needed and all the printer ink required, I'll have to ask for a $5 donation each for them this time. Sorry. :guilty: I figure I'm going to wind up making about 15 shirts this time (allowing for 1 each, plus 1 🤬 up, since I'm not infulla.... infelll.... inflaba...., oh bugger it.... not always right! :P)
Please let me know your preferred sizes in advance, (SFGTP1ers, I still remember how big you are, so no worries, unless you've been crash-dieting or have been on the "Supersize Me" diet!!! :lol:) or if you'd like to opt out of the whole t-shirty thing.
(Most of the donations will likely end up in the prize fund anyway!)

I also have your super-hi-res humungous .png version, of the logo to use, and may include "Los Dos" or "Official "Dos"ser" lettering somewhere too.

hahahaha...shall I post a picture of my beautifully made "holy crap I'm Nick and I just screwed up his shirt" ...shirt? :dopey:

I'm about to book some accommodation in the SF Bay area - since I'm arriving on the Thursday, I'm probably just going to book something for my whole stay, meaning that I may not need to take up your kind offer of a bed for the evening, provided that it's easy enough to get back into the city after the day's racing on Saturday...? Speaking of Saturday night, is there anything planned for that yet? A friend of mine who was in SF recently suggested a couple of nightclubs to me, but I don't think they were quite my type, if you catch my drift :P

T-shirts are sounding great, I'll just have to remember not to wear mine to my lab meeting when I get back, since it might be a bit of a giveaway :D

A friend of mine who was in SF recently suggested a couple of nightclubs to me, but I don't think they were quite my type, if you catch my drift :P

:lol: That reminds me of the Family Guy episode where the Drunken Clam is bought by the British. Peter walks in and says: "Oh my God it's a gay bar!" :lol:

The Toronado is possibly the best beer bar on the left coast. Kind of dirty and unfriendly, with over 80 beers on tap and 120 or so in the bottle. If your into that sort of thing, it's worth starting an evening there.

Now we're off to clear lake for the weekend. I've been waiting all week to drive the S60-R on some curves!!:):)

Dai Quiri? Is he a Welsh gay? :lol:
(Noooooooo! It's Mars' influence, honest!)

Well, I'm off on vacation for a couple of weeks back in England & Scotland.
Not taking PC with me, so I'll be out of touch for a bit.
Have fun in here while I'm gone, and I'll be back refreshed and ready to start the daunting task of creating SFGTP2 events! :eek:

@ Touring Mars, getting to and from the venue should be easy enough from the city using BART, but it'll very much depend on where you're staying.
www.BART.gov is the website for the trains. I'm assuming that's the way alrivers will be coming again, and we'll make arrangements for someone to collect you from the shady Oakland station that you'll arrive at.
Saturday evening will most likely involve going to one of 3 local bars, within wandering distance depending on the general consensus. Broken Rack Pool Hall that serves pitchers of beer, and rents tables by the hour. Townhouse that's closest (i.e. about 100 yards away) to the venue, bar/restaurant for good beer & cocktails, or Kitty's which is the same but further away, but will have music too. There's also Trader Vic's (the original) but unless $10 rum cocktails are your thing then we'll probably not end up there!
May try at some point to give you a call from my parent's place while I'm back on that side of the pond if you've got any other questions.
Otherwise PM alrivers for advice on using BART too!

i'm actually most likely going to be driving since i'm bringing a tv with me, haha. so if anyone in the daly city/sf area needs a ride, i have one space

I'm still debating to go or not. It's a time issue with me (again). E for All is the 18th through 21st in LA and I'm probably going to go. If I do go to Los Dos, I won't be doing any racing, so I'm up for all the drinking you guys can handle.

Some things:

• You can put me down for another pair of headphones.
• I have a feeling we'll need more chairs (more people = more chairs! :dopey:)
• We should have a FGT series. The race on Grand Valley was fun.
• We should have a Subaru 360 race on Motorland. Like 8 laps or something. :P

C'mon, c'mon...C'MON! Still another 5 weeks?!?! Geez....waiting sux ze beeg un, no? lol. Can't wait it looks like there will be 10 of us :). Any word on whether I should bring my monitor or will I have a tv waiting?

Jerome

Some things:

• You can put me down for another pair of headphones.
• I have a feeling we'll need more chairs (more people = more chairs! :dopey:)
• We should have a FGT series. The race on Grand Valley was fun.
• We should have a Subaru 360 race on Motorland. Like 8 laps or something. :P

Chairs are Ok, I should be able to borrow a bunch of fold-out camp chairs for folks to sit on between races.
We'll have my setup chair, Ray's cockpit, 2 x reclining garden chairs that Josh/Alex used last time, and David's legendary pink seat. Only 1 more racing seat required really. (Can use one of our dining room chairs if necessary.)

5 weeks?!!!! Damn, better get my preparation head on! :scared: Flying home tomorrow.

OOooh, the day is fast approaching!

In view of it being so close to Halloween, and in light if me being co-host, I'd like to ask all attendees to wear your most favorite Halloween costume. I'm the official photographer so shall be judging you all.

There will be prizes.

Let me guess... bottles of Scotch? :)

Nooooo! Scotch is all mine & itgirlxx's! Mmmmmm :drool:

Besides, some of our attendees are minors, so I can't go giving away free booze!
Prizes usually have an automotive theme for the races, but goodness knows what Rachel has in mind for the Halloween costumes?

I thought something like this would happen, a costume and a picture, eh? HHmm....I dunno, I may need the alcoholic prize beforehand, lol. I really don't know what I should be for halloween, I'll ponder that for a while. I think at the airport I'm gonna make a big sign that says 'smallhorses' or maybe 'tinyponies' hehe.

Jerome

Back