SFGTP2 - Los Dos!

Nooooo! Scotch is all mine & itgirlxx's! Mmmmmm :drool:

Besides, some of our attendees are minors, so I can't go giving away free booze!
Maybe some cola and/or sparkling grape juice/apple cider? Also, maybe have a couple of bottles of the latter two for use in the awards ceremonies.;)

Prizes usually have an automotive theme for the races, but goodness knows what Rachel has in mind for the Halloween costumes?
I imagine there are going to be some nice die-cast cars handed out as prizes for the winners again? :D And if so, what are they going to be?

I just got my visa bill for my trip over and I think I will mostly be eatin' beans on toast and drinking 0.2% Cheapo lager for a while... :sly: As for the fancy dress, I'm going to wait until I get to SF since I'm not going to carry a costume all the way over... I've heard that there's a fair few shops in SF where you can buy fancy dress - atleast that's what my friend Ramone told me 👍

I just got my visa bill for my trip over and I think I will mostly be eatin' beans on toast and drinking 0.2% Cheapo lager for a while... :sly:
If you can, try and find some extra room in your budget for some great buys thanks to the weak dollar. You are going to be really happy when you see how much your £ is worth in $ right now!

A lot of people are making trips to the US just to buy stuff and take it home. Unfortunately, the opposite is true for those of us Stateside, making trips abroad nearly twice as expensive as it was just a few years ago. :ouch:

Dubya & the Penguin... don't let the door hit you on your way out! :grumpy:

I will mostly be eatin' beans on toast and drinking 0.2% Cheapo lager for a while...
Don't worry, I'll make sure you can get good 'n drunk :D.

Your money is better than our money, anyway. When I watch Top Gear, I cringe, because they'll say things like "this car is a great value at £23,000!". That's about $48,000 to me! :scared:

"Those are good burgers, Walter"
"Shut the F*#k up...Those are good burgers , Donny"

Well, testing is thoroughly underway for "Los Dos" and while I can't promise to include everyone's recommendations and preferences, I'm doing my best to create some fun events. :D

Have 2 handicap series ready, and 1 Pick'n'Mix so far.

Will work on another Pick'n'Mix, and consult with UK organisers to see what they've arranged, and if we can confer. Will also see what the plans are for a 50 lap team Clio-endurance event. 👍

Can I also say, so that no-one is disappointed, that your avatar & username as of 2 weeks before the event will be what appears on any badges or t-shirts. Don't expect your latest and greatest avatar to appear if you've changed it within 2 weeks of the event, I can't keep up with all of the last minute changes! :eek:

Well, testing is thoroughly underway for "Los Dos" and while I can't promise to include everyone's recommendations and preferences, I'm doing my best to create some fun events. :D

So that's why I haven't seen him since we got back from England!?! He doesn't do things by halves this one!

So the 50 lap Clio race team event are we gonna have a couple team mates and we each to 16 laps (or so pending pit schedules) and trade drivers? That would be really fun I think! Maybe three teams of two?

Jerome

This event sounds awesome!!! Any chance of a web cam being setup so we can spy on you guys? You know, live vicariously though the resources and ambitions of you guys that are able to make it happen?

If you can, name badges and funny hats would be a must.

Just a thought.

:)

So the 50 lap Clio race team event are we gonna have a couple team mates and we each to 16 laps (or so pending pit schedules) and trade drivers? That would be really fun I think! Maybe three teams of two?

Jerome

That's the plan, though typically the Clio, when driven hard, tends to get 8 - 10 laps per set of tyres which makes for 4 - 5 driver changes throughout a 50 lap race. We'd be running in teams of 2, so everyone will drive 2 or 3 stints.

This event sounds awesome!!! Any chance of a web cam being setup so we can spy on you guys? You know, live vicariously though the resources and ambitions of you guys that are able to make it happen?

If you can, name badges and funny hats would be a must.

Just a thought.

:)

We should have named t-shirts, and itgirlxx has requested some sort of halloween theme! As far as a webcam goes, I'm IT-challenged and wouldn't know where to begin! If any of our attendees knows anything about configuring and hosting a webcam, then feel free, but I don't want to spend hours setting up a cam & connection while we could be enjoying some racing!

Looking at the list, there's gotta be some IT geeks *ahem* Gurus in the bunch. ;)

I agree with you, setting up a web cam at the expense of some racing time would be rather silly. Could be cool though...

So will the driver - Bert got 12 laps out of a set of tyres, and they were barely orange - I toasted mine in 9!

*cough* 13 *cough* ;)
All you guys pitted way to early. The clio behaves better on nearly orange tires.
But at the end of that 13th lap the car got really slippery (caused me to loose 1 second on the last sector)

Looking at the list, there's gotta be some IT geeks *ahem* Gurus in the bunch. ;)

I agree with you, setting up a web cam at the expense of some racing time would be rather silly. Could be cool though...

I could supply the web cam probably. :dopey:

I would suggest setting up a stickam account to use for that.

I don't think it will get any easier than that.

But thats just my idea seeing as im not going in all, I would really like to see that.

:lol: oh man... it's My space in video form. :scared: Why is that site still up?

Anyway, cool if it works I'll do it but my cam is kinda ****ty. :lol:

edit: :scared: wow... everyone looks EMO on there.

So is the list of attendees still current? Just curious :)

Jerome

With V1P3R now looking set to attend, (and he'll be required to drive!) the attendees list in post #1 is up to date, with 9 confirmed drivers which should make life interesting and the garage cramped!!!! Lots of swapping on and off as we cycle through the races and events, and we should therefore have enough participants for at least 4 teams for the Clio Endurance. Will leave Famine to determine track choice for this one, as it'll be run at UKGTP8 the same weekend.

There you go. Don't you dare bail out on me now!!!! :scared:

Are you kidding me? Bail? Hell no, I'm using the Board Challenge that is going on now as training for your LAN :D I hope to be somewhat worthy competition for you all :nervous: I can't freakin' wait! 👍

Jerome

Is this event but three weeks away?? The calendar sure likes to flip when you're not looking...

Oh wow!
U guys iz in 4 treetz! :P

Have spent most of last several evenings creating another couple of pick'n'mixes, and they're sooooo close that they just can't help but create excellent racing!
Remember the Super Coupe P'n'M from SFGTP1? 5 out of 6 cars in that won a race, and there were tight finishes galore.
I now have 2 more lineups, both as evenly matched as that, that've never graced an SFGTP or UKGTP before, so no clues!!!! :D

Fasten your seatbelts, and hang on tight!!!! :scared:

I'll just say this. I once did a few laps on the Nurburgring while drunk, and my times were only a couple seconds slower than normal. Take what you will from that :).

Back