SFGTP2 Results & Photos Thread. (Who Am I Kidding? These'll Never Get Finished!!!)

I look totally gangsta in that third picture.

I think alrivers can out-gangsta you in his sleep! :eek:
Look, here's one of Touring Mars' pictures to prove it!
Fast asleep and still giving it his best "Westside" gangsta sign!!! :lol:

gangstaalbv4.jpg

:D

The beginningnesses of results and writeups are creeping into post #1. :)

Keep your pics & thoughts coming, and do your best to pick out any wild inaccuracies or I'm likely to just say that I won everything! :sly: :dopey:

Another funny thing was the running Audi R8 joke. It was first on the favorites list, so every time we did a new race juana.b or myself would make a crack about including that car. This applied to even the slower car events. :dopey:

One more amusing thing was using the orange NSX on Tokyo Route 246 as a braking point. (I'm referring the the one parked in front of the building, off the track.)

And who can forget alrivers multiple garage door induced head injuries? (Take that, Mark T!)

And that really corny joke some idiot made calling the Falcon XR8 the Falcon XRGR8. :P

:lol:

:guilty: Sorry alrivers, I just didn't realise how close your head was to the garage door! :ouch: Either time. :eek: :guilty::guilty::guilty:

Post #1 is progressing, all events and car lineups are now listed.
Now begins the arduous task of sieving my brain for race details for 48 x 6 lap races, and a 50-lap endurance......
melting.gif
<---- My Brain! :crazy:

I just realised, I didn't write down the results of the second Spitfire race.
I know Jerome won, I was 5th and David 6th, but if anyone would care to fill me in on the other positions I'd be most grateful. :cheers:

Weren't they 6 lappers?

For second Spitfire race: pretty sure Kyle was 2nd, Alex 3rd, and Strop 4th. Could be completely wrong though.

It was funny seeing you holding a DS2!

For second Spitfire race: pretty sure Kyle was 2nd, Alex 3rd, and Strop 4th. Could be completely wrong though.

It was funny seeing you holding a DS2!
I wasn't in the 2nd Spitfire race. I was busy laughing at Nick trying to use the DS2 d-pad :).

I wasn't in the 2nd Spitfire race. I was busy laughing at Nick trying to use the DS2 d-pad :).

Grrrr. :mad: Strange, weird self-centering mechanism that GT1, 2 & 3 didn't have! :grumpy: I'd corner, and then correct, just like I always used to, but wind up doing horrible tank-slappers the whole time! :eek:

Results are coming together in nice fashion Nick :) Thanks for taking the time to organize your 3,000th post woot! Thats a lot 4 sure.

Jerome

You had 18-year whiskey? Why was I not informed? :lol:

:lol: seconded!

Stop by any time for a wee-dram!!!! :)

Would it make any difference if I said there's a small bottle of Glenfiddich 21 yr Gran Reserva secreted somewhere about the place here? SFGTP3 ;) :P

I went way, way, way, out of my way to acquire that, having read Iain Banks' quite nauseating account of how to find the perfect Whisky, while driving a selection of marvellous cars (BMW M5, Porsche 911, Jaguar MKII "Inspector Morse" Saloon) around Scotland's GWRs. (Great Wee Roads!)

All I can say is "You Lucky, Lucky BarSteward!"
Not only paid to drive great cars round Scotland, but lucky enough to savour a wee-dram of every Whisky in the Scottish Isles.
It's a compelling read... Iain Banks "Raw Spirit".

I'm still looking forward to cracking that winner, but it's a wrench at $150 per bottle to break the seal!
Still, as they say in Scotland, a Whisky, unlike a red wine, doesn't mature in the bottle.
So there's no excuse to keep it corked! :D

The book is here for anyone that wishes to read it, including a heartbreaking account of his write-off of his first 911. (Upside-down into a ditch! :grumpy:)

I'm still looking forward to cracking that winner, but it's a wrench at $150 per bottle to break the seal!
Still, as they say in Scotland, a Whisky, unlike a red wine, doesn't mature in the bottle.
So there's no excuse to keep it corked! :D

I've had $700 bottles of wine that were rivaled by $70 bottles.
I've tried Remy Martin Louis XIII Cognac(@$1500 a bottle in hand-made crystal by Baccarat. Not the bottle with the diamond of matching color though, that one is $15,000), It's good, but $1500 good? I don't think I'd pay that, but, it had also been on a friends shelf for years, with many a good time had.
Being a guy who was in the good food biz, I have no problem paying a great amount for a moment with friends or family that I will remember for the rest of my life.
But it isn't the price of what's consumed, it's the quality(although price and quality often come as a package).
There is something wonderful about gastronomical delights shared with you and those you are close to.👍

Another gigglesome memory that's just come back to me:

alrivers: "You're going to kill me for this!"
after finding some appropriate musical accompaniment to the "Waiting For Connection...." PS2 screen, on the webcam laptop!
Click here! :lol:

I forgot about that! :lol:

Another thing I forgot was jokingly vowing to negrep Famine every time a track I didn't like came up. :lol:

I forgot about that! :lol:

Another thing I forgot was jokingly vowing to negrep Famine every time a track I didn't like came up. :lol:
Wow, if we all did that, we might be able to bring Famine's rep back down to three figures!

SFGTP2 turned my opinion of various tracks and cars on their heads for me... some old faithfuls let me down a bit, whereas other combos worked surprisingly well... New York city course is always one of those tracks that's greeted with a unanimous "DOH!" or "Ugh! I hate this track!" but this time I quite enjoyed it! I fell out of love with Tokyo this time around, but some favourites still hold their magic, like El Capitan and Suzuka.

Yeah... I kinda had that too. On the big-banger GT500/LM handicap we had, I remember sucking so badly on a couple of the tracks where I'm usually good, I just gave up (Uh, NY and Midfield.)

New York was brutal. It's hard to see the track and brake markers anyway, but my screen was also coming down with the shakes :ill:.

but your car will bounce of the track :D

If a 7.0 hits SFGTP3, I think we'll be safe as far as computerised cars leaving the tracks. ;) It's the number of PS2s and TVs that'll be leaving the tables that'll have us worried! :scared: Not to mention the possibility of 2 wardrobes and some storage racks shaking loose too! :eek:

Anyway, in somewhat chaotic order, I've begun to add some of the race results to Post #1 for Day 2. As yet it lacks descriptions of the races themselves, so feel free to post any great memories you have of the races that you were in if the results have jogged your memory a little.

Some things I do need to augment the stuff currently there:

Confirmation of the finishing order of the 2nd Spitfire race. :guilty:
Someone to remember all the varied descriptions / corruptions of the Denso Sard Supra! :lol:
Touring Mars' Spitfire video, and JGTC video featuring Kyle's comment, if you can figure out (ask daan) how to get it the right way up!
Strop's photos! I mean strewth, you can't bring along a camera that big, and not share the pictures, can you cobber?!!! ;)

Done day 2 first as I need to remember stuff while it's fresh, as I abandoned my note taking about halfway through day 1! :ouch:

Again please point out any glaring errors. :dunce:

:cheers:

Ah, yes! Condensed Turd! :lol:

More added to day 1 results, the listings and lineups for the Race Car Handicap races! 👍

It's getting done slowly.....

Race 23: Hong Kong Reverse

1st juana b. Toyota
2nd Kylehnat Mazda
3rd jump_ace Mazda
4th Touring Mars Mazda
5th V1P3R Z06
6th ceiling_fan Z06
Man, that Z06 was hard on the tires. IIRC, I built up 3-4 seconds in front of second place(juana b., presumably) but the tires were orange by mid 4th lap, and I simply could not control it around the slightest of bends. I recall jump_ace having quite a problem with that car on Côté as well.

I was in the lead until lap 3 when the tires took a dump and went from first to last in 1/4 a lap. I literally could not get the car to even to straight let alone try to turn without 180'ing....not so fun imo.

Jerome

Back